Your favorite couple on the show was...

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by Karin Schill, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Which couple was your favorite?

1. John Ross & Pamela Rebecca

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Christopher & Elena

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Bobby & Ann

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. JR & Sue Ellen

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  5. John Ross & Elena

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Christopher & Rebecca

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Ann & Harris

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Christopher & Heather

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. Elena & Nicholas

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Other

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,492
    Medals:
    Hi Everyone,

Here's something fun for us to discuss. A lot of the people watching shows are shippers, like remember the John Ross & PamBecca appreciation thread we used to have here?
    It was rather active while Dallas TNT was still on the air. ;)

Anyway what's typical for a shipper is that liking that couple together is one of the things you enjoy the most about watching a show.

So in the shipper spirit I am wondering, which couples did you like the most on Dallas TNT and why?

[​IMG]
    John Ross & Pamela Rebecca

[​IMG]
    Christopher & Elena

[​IMG]
    Bobby & Ann

[​IMG]
    JR & Sue Ellen

[​IMG]
    John Ross & Elena

[​IMG]
    Christopher & Rebecca

[​IMG]
    Ann & Harris

[​IMG]
    Christopher & Heather

[​IMG]
    Elena & Nicholas

Other?

You don't need to be a shipper to vote and reply to this thread. It's open to all fans of the show.
    Multiple choice is allowed.

Take care,
    Love:
    Karin.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,703
    Medals:
    OMG....as if you need me to answer :)

There is no one like them - never has been and never will be. They are my lobsters :)
    :jolly: There is no other couple that has chemistry like them. You can stick a Becca on the end of your Chris or an Elena on the end of your John - JR and Sue Ellen don't need to do that. They are just...them :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,579
    JR & Sue Ellen.

They're the only original couple and have so much history, it's impossible to list any couple higher

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,703
    Medals:
    THIS.
    However I also include Pam and Bobby in this, in that I couldn't list them higher than JR and Sue Ellen.

JR and Sue Ellen are top. I find it too weird to even have Pambecca or whatever her name is in a poll with these legends. You scroll down and it's like a satisfied...ahhhh...there they are...the ones who could show all these younglings what it is AT! :jolly:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +584
    It's such a shame there was so much talk after Larry's death about "the plan" to have them together, but we never actually got to see it on screen. Even that dance scene in the picture was never released on DVD :(

• Like Like x 5
  6. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,703
    Medals:
    I wish it was around somewhere :( It should never have been cut.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Christine

Christine Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Thanks for posting these great pictures, Karin, they brought a smile to my face. :)

You guys are going to hate me but I choose Pamela & John Ross over JR & Sue Ellen. I was never able to forget how dysfunctional JR's and Sue Ellen's relationship was over the years. I loved seeing them kind of back together on new Dallas but still, I could not forgive JR for treating Sue Ellen so badly during the original series.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,579

But this is part of their make-up, it's what made the couple unique and stand out above the rest and I guess in this case the test against time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,703
    Medals:
    I just can't be on board with this. Part of their make up, whether you agree or not with how they were, is what Ome said. They withstood the test of time and regardless, deeply loved each other and this was evident at the end. I understand what you mean about JR and I'm not condoning his behaviour - but weren't John Ross and Pamela as bad if not in ways worse to each other? I'm not defending JR or even Sue Ellen's behaviour over the years, but I did not see even one ounce of humility in either John Ross or Pamela.

The two just aren't comparable in terms of their status or in terms of their lasting power. I find John Ross and Pamela's relationship completely insignificant in comparison.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,492
    Medals:
    Good point Sarah. :)
    I only included the TNT couples in this poll. But this made me realize I needed to start one for the original couples on the original Dallas board. So on that one you can vote for both JR & Sue Ellen and Bobby & Pam if you want since it's multiple choice and so is this one.

Oh I know I remember I was so excited the day my Dallas (TNT) Season One DVD set arrived as it meant I would get to watch this scene among the deleted scenes. Once I realized that scene was not among the deleted scenes I was very disappointed as it was the one scene from season one that I most wanted to see. :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Christine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Yes, they deeply loved each other in the end but I am not sure if this wasn't just bad writing. :D I wonder if there is any woman in the real lilfe who would be able to forgive a man like JR. I think it just isn't very realistic. She tried to shoot him once, let's not forget about this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,703
    Medals:
    I don't need a multiple choice. Thanks anyway lol

13. Sarah

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,703
    Medals:
    But you like John Ross and Pamela??? ;)

Yeah, but c'mon. She - conveniently - missed doing any real damage :) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,579
    :lmao:

15. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,744
    Medals:
    No one in TNT Dallas rocked my boat at all
    My vote goes to JR and Bum

:lmao:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,799
    Medals:
    JR & Sue Ellen all the way!

Swami

• Like Like x 2
  17. Christine

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +175
    I liked them in season 2, the writing for John Ross and Pamela in S3 was probably the biggest mess of the entire show. :(

• Like Like x 4
  18. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,492
    Medals:
    My most favorite is JR & Sue Ellen of course. With all their history how could they not be my favorites? ;)

[​IMG]

It was magic when they came on the air together from that very first scene at the Cattle Baron's Ball *cough, should have been Oil Baron's Ball*. I remember watching clips from talk shows and also the show that TNT had on after each episode of season one and everyone seemed hung up on that moment.

JR & Sue Ellen together was what most fans wanted to see. But unfortuantely the showrunner was clueless of that fact until one helpful fan filled her in at the Channel 5 launch party. Then CC promised she wouldn't keep what the fans wanted from us. But it was a promise made too late as Larry sadly died before season two was completed. :(

[​IMG]
    Anyway second favorite would be John Ross & Pamela Rebecca. I was so excited when they got married in season two and I think I would have shipped them if they had spent season three building up their romance/marriage and turned them into the strong power couple they had the potential to become, but instead they ruined them by having him cheat with Emma and I never really got around to ship them because of that.

[​IMG]
    My third favorite would be Christopher & Heather. Their storyline was refreshing, the chemistry between the actors worked and I think they could have built more on them as a couple. But instead they choose to end it all after only 10 episodes. *sigh*

I liked John Ross & Elena in season one before she broke his heart. How she let her mom break up their engagement was really low.

I liked Christopher & Rebecca until it became obvious she was deceiving him and she was in fact his cousin! lol

There were some moments with Chris & Elena I liked, but they were not a favorite pairing for me.

I think Emma & Drew showed some potential in season two...

I didn't like Elena & Nicholas Trevino even if he was very good looking to watch. The character was such a bad boy that I couldn't like him.

I think I would have liked Bobby & Ann more if they hadn't tried to tell us all the time how they were the new Jock & Miss Ellie and the solid couple that would never break up. No they were not Ellie & Jock and I loved Bobby with Pam, Jenna and April too much to seriously get on board with the Bobby & Ann pairing even if I tried to. Sometimes I wished April hadn't been killed as Bobby & April married as the older couple with some teenage kids would have been nice to watch. We saw them from the beginning of their romance so it would have been nice to see them as a married couple with kids on this show. But I also think I would have welcomed an Ann & Harris pairing if they had brought in Jenna for Bobby with Lucas of course. It would have built different family dynamics on the show.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,482
    Since I didn't really care for any of the new pairings, I decided to vote for JR and Sue Ellen. They seemed a lot more calmed down in this version, so it might have been interesting to see them try things again. Maybe JR was too old to have the energy to cheat anymore! I can't remember it exactly, but I think I remember that there was a scene with the two of them and John Ross discussing business together or something. They seemed pretty relaxed there. And Sue Ellen's speech at JR's funeral actually almost made me cry.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,378
    Medals:
    I loved Sue Ellen and JR too but their scenes were like a friendship not really a relationship. I would have loved to see them marry again before JR died. I was happy to see Linda and Larry work together again before he passed away.

I also liked Pamela and John Ross.❤️

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1