Emmerdale Writing a book.

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by emm1978, Sep 24, 2016.

1. emm1978

emm1978 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi all, I'm currently in the process of writing a book about growing up watching Emmerdale in the 80s and 90s... With a view to writing a sequel at a later stage.

As you may know, I am an avid fan of Emmerdale, since the Farm days, and I thought it was high time I put all my experiences of watching the show into print.

The book will be my own personal memories of the storylines and characters.

Watching some December 1993 episodes at the moment, and I also write about just before Christmas that year, when Seth follows a horse to the stables (named Samson) and finds his owner, Wally Eagleton, dead. The following year, Seth got together with Wally's widow, Betty.

It shows you how important it is to remember the episodes before the plane crash... as we find out who Samson was, how Elizabeth and Eric's marriage began to break down and how Seth discovered his problem with his prostate, etc...

The episodes featuring the crash scenes talked about these, but the episodes before explained the build-up to them, so there can be no cut-off point, or divider in the programme's history, so it beats me why episodes before the plane crash one are neglected by ITV? :/

• Like Like x 1
  2. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,775
    Medals:
    I remember my gran watching Emmerdale from 1993-1998, she started watching again from 2004 onwards.

I have watched on YouTube some 80s Emmerdale, 1985 & 1986 are my favourite years in 80s Emmerdale.

Good luck with your book :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. emm1978

emm1978 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I very rarely mention the actors in this book, except where praise is due...

This book is purely my own personal memories as a viewer and as an avid fan.