Why is Krystle trying to convince Alexis that nothing happened?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Willie Oleson, May 16, 2019.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,132
    Medals:

Shouldn't Krystle, after all these years, realize that Alexis is not interested in the truth, and that she probably believes every word Krystle says?
    Why does Krystle think that Alexis needs a case or a skeleton? She'll use every opportunity to undermine Krystle (and her marriage) or she will simply create an opportunity.
    You know, like the witch hunts.

It's about understanding the characters you write for. Alexis' hatred of Krystle isn't based on the belief that Krystle is an awful, adulterous, two-faced tramp. That's so not the point!
    OK, maybe in the very beginning she could have perceived Krystle as a gold-digger who had weaseled herself into Alexis' dynasty, although I usually had the idea that Alexis just pretended to perceive Krystle as that kind of person. It's almost like, pretending to be a snob.
    Either way, Krystle has proved over and over again that she's a True Saint, and that's why Alexis hates her.

I feel they were ignoring the logic, the understanding between these two women, in order to justify the plots or - to be more specific - scenes like these.

Although...if Krystle is a true saint, then she can't think like or be as cynical as Alexis.
    Does that mean this scene makes perfect sense?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    I don't know that she does. Like you said, probably, but maybe not. What is more interesting to me is that Krystle (like others in the past) manages to get past Alexis' penthouse security and yet nobody is yelled at and fired afterwards. Additionally, Krystle first pushes Alexis to sit back down on the chair, and then throws the food on her clothes. It is probably scenes like these, where Krystle acts like a bully, that made Collins state that Krystle fights with her fists and Alexis with her tongue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,132
    Medals:
    But it's very stupid if Alexis would actually believe all the things she's about to print. It's not like she meeting Krystle for the first time.

4. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,827
    Medals:
    Yes, I was just going to make the same point. Alexis' security has always been ridiculously lax. Any Tom, Dick or Harry could let themselves in and just hang out. Although I am curious to know exactly what Krystle did for the guy at reception to let her in. Maybe Alexis could have printed a seedy story about that too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,827
    Medals:
    I don't think she does really believes them, but there may also be a bit of projecting going on too, as if Alexis had spent all that time cooped up, with a suave man with a great tan regularly dropping in, she totally would have shagged him.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,132
    Medals:
    Interesting...so if Krystle can't think like an evil person, and Alexis can't think like a normal person...then, I guess it makes sense.
    And yet, somehow I think this could never have happened on Knots Landing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    You may be right. Then again, one was a world-wide phenomenon whose wikipedia page has translations in 26 languages, and the other has half that number, and there are more countries where it never aired than where it did. So it doesn't always pay to be down to earth. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,132
    Medals:
    Knots Landing wasn't a better Dynasty, like Dynasty wasn't a better Dallas.
    But the Knots writers seemed to understand their characters and that made it such a compelling show. The storylines and plot twists were not as fabulous and grandeur-ish as Dynasty, but I was often outsmarted and surprised by both the characters and story development. Dynasty rarely did this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    I don't know, this scene to me always seemed like Krystle was just fed up with Alexis' bullsh*t and reached the end of her rope. Though I personally think Krystle should have attacked Alexis when the latter made that monstrous remark about Blake not being able to tell the difference between his wife and the impostor in bed. Course I also think Krystle should have become more and more aggressive towards Alexis as the series went on.

There was this one scene in Season 8 where Alexis barged in on Blake and Krystle, who're having Chinese takeout after a day of campaigning. Alexis was furious over Danny living with Sammy Jo and went on another one of her tirades. All Krystle did was go, "Now what a minute, Alexis."

I would have had Krystle not say a word. Instead, she simply gets up, grabs Alexis, drags her towards the door, shoves her out, and locks it. Blake smiles ("That's my woman!"). :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +265
    This scene was filmed as part of the Season 6 retooling so the producers were just interested in scenes of conflict between the big three, rather than any logic. It was all part of getting Dynasty back to basics. I think they should have gone further and had another cat fight in Alexis’s apartment rather than the unmemorable sliding down the mud hill in the following episode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,199
    Medals:
    Maybe reception guy watches Dynasty and knows that Krystle is family? :D

12. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,223
    Medals:
    But Blake couldn't tell the difference and as far as Alexis was aware Blake and Rita had shared a bed for weeks and weeks. So Alexis either believed that Blake slept with Rita and thought she was his wife, or worse, Blake and Krystle didn't have a sex life and that's how he didn't notice that Rita wasn't his wife.

The storyline is probably the dumbest of the shows run, but this time Alexis would be right in her assumptions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
    You had me, then you lost me.

upload_2019-5-17_12-25-27.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,132
    Medals:
    About Blake, yes. But this video is about what happened in the attic. And it doesn't really matter what Alexis believes, it's the idea that Krystle needs to explain it to Alexis.
    She should know that Alexis is simply using the situation to cause trouble, whether it happened or not.
    So why bother telling her that nothing happened?
    Amazing, isn't it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,223
    Medals:
    Well sometimes when someone is goading you, you just snap. You know that what they are doing is winding you up, and that it's not true but you feel the need to react and to protest against the preposterousness of what they are saying or doing. It's a basic emotional reaction. And I think that Krystle needed to assert her innocence in the situation face to face with Alexis who was being a sneaky annoying witch. She needed to show that she was right and Alexis was wrong, and to also throw food in her lap and push her around a little.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,326
    Medals:
    Awww, but doesn't that make KNOTS the better show?

I was constantly disappointed by DYNASTY, and virtually never by KNOTS.

DYNASTY was all about potential (which a lot of people respond to) but while KNOTS made smaller promises it actually delivered the goods.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Wait, unmemorable? ^^ Its one of the most remembered scenes in the whole series! In fact, Joan Collins even said it was her favorite - but only because she didn't have to do any of it. :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +255
    I'm glad KL never reached the popularity of Dynasty. If it had, there may have been too much meddling by producers which could have mitigated the shows quality.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,132
    Medals:
    But then you'd be flattering and entertaining your enemies. They do these things because they want to make you feel bad.
    The only defence is a counter-attack, and this (scene) was hardly an attack. It only means more work for the poor butler because he has to fix Alexis another lunch.
    But does Krystle care about the working class? No, I don't think so!

20. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,223
    Medals:
    Not since she stopped working and got some class.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1