1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why didn't Dynasty do anything with Dominique?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by tommie, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,559
    I never even noticed that Blake was always sitting in a red chair in his office before this thread. :D

2. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,966
    Even after all these years, we are still discovering new layers of this wonderful show!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,702
    I more I think about this the more I agree with your statement. Dynasty did become the Love Boat of special guest stars. This however would only work if those special guest stars were offered a strong story-arc foundation to work with...even lasting a full season.

Dynasty's glittery presence which was rubbing off on Hollywood in general caused a stampede of actors wishing to partake. From my perspective it would seem Aaron Spelling received a knock on the door from some former Hollywood elite wishing for a role or Aaron sought their services. He then picked up the phone to the writing department and said, "Make it happen."

It didn't have to make sense why those special guest stars were there...they just were.

• Agree Agree x 2