1. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

Who would you recast as Alexis?

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by Ked, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Lol

By the way, NK is shorter and leaner than NS... It's like pretending a Chihuahua would look like a German Shepherd just because wears a different collar... oh well, we're supposed to believe these plastic surgeons do magic... lol

I think we should try watching this Peach Dynasty as a parody, pretty much like we do with The Windsors. And that way it becomes kinda funny, soapy funny

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,136
    Medals:
    That's another reason why I wanted Elaine Hendrix. She's only an inch taller than Sheridan (or so I've read on google). That's a difference that's easily overlooked.

We might have to. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    Lol. Yes, recasting NK as Alexis would have been insane. The body, the bone structure. Nothing from her screams NS
    I watched back episode 1 lately. Fallon wasn't that caricatural, and the storyline was more realistic. Now it seems they have embraced the crazy campy soap approach. So you're right, it feels more like a parody. I think I will feel better when I will accept it ;)

4. Ferdnand Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Elaine would be great, I really like those evil eyes. She reminds me of the actress playing Caress in Original Dynasty.

Alexis is a character that's supposed to be evil, if they wanted her to be funny, she should be written as Vanessa Williams was in Ugly Betty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    Vanessa in Ugly Betty was amazing. They really wasted her in Desperate Housewives. As they kind of wasted Nicollette Sheridan in NuDynasty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ferdnand Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +85
    That's true!

I barely watched DH when Vanessa Williams was added to the cast, but I always had the feeling she was bad written, pretty much like Emma Samms' Fallon.

Vanessa Williams is perfect for Dominique, if we consider she is supposed to be dark skinned, but she's great at channeling Alexis-like charm and evil intentions. Original Alexis, of course!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,172
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Another stunt (re)casting is coming...From now on, Bo the dog will be played by...

upload_2019-4-21_0-47-45.jpeg
    "Hello my dearest fellow actors, you all my friends...warf!"​

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,334
    Should this thread now be closed? Two guesses as to who is now playing Alexis :p

9. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +821
    Medals:
    Well, it is a moot point now that we know who the new Alexis is......

10. Ferdnand Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Remember she could eventually be recasted again, maybe next season we'll have 'The Real Alexis Carrington'

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    Medals:
    From your keyboard to God's ears. I want this LG as Alexis thing to be 86'd PDQ. ASAP. Kill it. Kill it with fire. (oops, sorry Celia).

12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,136
    Medals:
    Nicollette's Alexis was also killed with fire. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  13. Avery Merry Christmas

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    Medals:
    Can you imagine how foolish we will feel if, thirty seconds into the next episode, we find out that this whole 'bandages off' scene is just a hallucination, a side-effect of Alexis's pain meds? I mean, it's too soon for her to have recovered from intensive plastic surgery. We would have tied ourselves up in knots and cursed the entire writing staff over a fake-out. Has there been any independent verification that Liz G is going to play Alexis long-term? I don't hang out on Instagram like most people do, and Liz G seems to enjoy posting stuff there.

I'm grasping at straws here, but it gives me some solace so let me live in denial. Thanks to Pam Ewing, Dream Sequences are forever intertwined with soaps.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,641
    Frankly, I can't. I can only imagine slapping the hell out of the Gillieathon team for all they have done so far with the show, and in the end giving them an extra slap and shouting "and that's for next week's episode."

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,136
    Medals:
    A tiny part of me is hoping that the next episode will reveal that it was all in *Adam's* head, that he was seeing only what he wanted to see. *OR* that Alexis's "new" face hadn't quite "settled" yet, and then she'll appear as Elaine Hendrix. And yes, I'm aware that's a very specific wish, but I'm making it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +624
    I hope the writers are pamewing the reveal. I really want to think it was pamewed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  17. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,199
    Medals:
    I want to see how they're going to pull off this twist, also because I want that "point of reference" to mean something.
    Adam doesn't know many Dynasty characters so the only other option was the woman who kidnapped him - but the other Carringtons don't know her.
    How problematic this is going to be for LG isn't my concern, but she's young and energetic and I think she will enjoy playing a different character.

Alexis' longevity on the show has always been questionable since they never made an effort to install her as a Big Player. She almost killed herself because she felt so utterly redundant (a bizarre mix of fiction and reality) and after that she was almost killed by Adam.
    Is she going to die in the spectacular season finale cliffhanger?

It's possible to do the dream/hallucination explanation and it wouldn't even be far-fetched or anything, but it will always be a last-resort-narrative and this situation isn't one of those, imho.
    If anything, I think a second new face reveal is going to feel like an anti-climax because it will be overshadowed by this outrageous stunt.
    Unless they're going to bedazzle us with a stunt casting e.g. Catherine Oxenberg, and I just can't see this happening.
    Dream sequences are only acceptable when they are explained by having the character waking up from that very dream, and this should be a non-stop process.
    Or at least it should be obvious that someone's dreaming the scene.

But never as a cliffhanger plotline.

18. Avery Merry Christmas

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    Medals:
    If history is any indication, the CW will do absolutely nothing to try to capitalize on this whole nutty twist. Even if the promos were sort of mocking and/or tongue-in-cheek, any network ad guy worth his salt would be jumping in the chance to compile some publicity items to draw in viewer (or potential viewer) interest. They would not even have to reveal anything about how the plotline will proceed (if they're good at their jobs)--they would just spread the word that people will just have to tune in to see it play out.

TVLine did an article about it, but they have been pretty reliably covering the show with such articles no matter what happens. If they were really into covering the show, they would try to get scoops/spoilers from the producers about what will happen, rather than just writing about what happens after the fact. If the producers wanted to generate interest, they would grant interviews to other sites at points like this.

If they haven't sent out the tweets and/or press releases by now, though, you can be pretty sure they won't do it at all. Even the preview for next week at the end of the episode was the usual non-descript waste of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Digital Spy UK finally got around to doing a piece, which it usually does with most new Peach Dynasty developments i.e. new castings, notable news etc. Their forums are however not very kind to the news, gotta be said...:eek:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27216902/dynasty-confirms-new-alexis-carrington-actress/

20. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,301
    Medals:
    I'm just sad they didn't go with the obvious recast...

[​IMG]

I love it! I look so much younger!

• Funny Funny x 2