Who Would You Like To See Run Against Trump In 2020?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Frank Underwood, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Who Would You Like The Democratic Candidate To Be in 2020?

This poll will close on Jul 13, 2018 at 8:29 AM.
  1. Hillary Clinton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bernie Sanders

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Elizabeth Warren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kamala Harris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cory Booker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Joe Biden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Joe Manchin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tulsi Gabbard

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. Ro Khanna

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Heidi Heitkamp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Doug Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Tim Kaine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Chuck Schumer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +482
    For those of us who believe Trump doesn't deserve a second term, I'm interested to know who you'd like to see run against him. Your reasons can be pragmatic or you can choose the person who best represents your values. Maybe you'll get lucky and check both boxes. Either way, choose however you'd like. Votes are anonymous.

Of course, you can also tell us who you chose and why if you're so inclined.

2. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,538
    Tulsi Gabbard!

I think she'd be well balanced on a ticket with a Democratic governor such John Bel Edwards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,106
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    [​IMG]

"Guess who...? Helloooo...Moi!"​

4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,968
    Alec Baldwin

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SueEllenRules!

SueEllenRules! Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +686
    Alec Baldwin says he would "absolutely win" race against Trump

Alec Baldwin talked politics during his appearance on Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show Monday, saying that he would "one-thousand percent" win in 2020 if he ran against President Trump.

Baldwin and Stern had been talking about potential Democrats that could beat Mr. Trump, and while Baldwin said he could think of a few people, Stern just had one: Alec Baldwin.

"If I ran I would win," Baldwin confidently replied. "I would absolutely win."

Baldwin has previously been incredibly critical of the president, and regularly parodies him on "Saturday Night Live." His impersonation - which won the actor an Emmy award last year - has drawn the ire of the president, especially on Twitter.

Baldwin joked that he couldn't actually run because of his wife's disapproval and that he's too busy with his ABC game show Match Game, but used his Trump impersonation to say that he would take off the whole summer as president. Stern then suggested that Baldwin run as his Donald Trump persona from Saturday Night Live.

After doubling down on his hypothetical victory, Baldwin went on to say that his campaign would be "the funniest, most exciting, most crazy campaign." Stern raised the question of Baldwin being the hope of the Democratic Party, which he quickly refuted.

"I'm only saying that because people don't really have a sense of who's going to come up," he said. "Somebody great is going to come up, I hope."
    Baldwin did say, however, that he would love to run for that type of position. "There are so many things that this country needs to do that are so obvious," he said.
    Elsewhere in the interview Baldwin also said that he'd "want to see a healthy Republican Party," hoping that Mr. Trump is a one-off and not a trend. But he also said that he wouldn't want the Democrats running everything either.
    "I want the Democrats to have a smart opposition to keep them on their toes," he said.

Baldwin says he would "absolutely win" race against Trump - CBS News https://apple.news/AJfsOd4vJQRKciG_eRt7QwA

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +482
    But only if he's willing to play Trump while debating Trump.

7. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +482
    I like her stance on the issues today, but she had some socially conservative views in her past that I find concerning. That said, she has acknowledged her change of heart, saying “The contrast between our society and those in the Middle East made me realize that the difference — the reason those societies are so oppressive — is that they are essentially theocracies where the government and government leaders wield the power to both define and then enforce ‘morality,’” she wrote in a December 2011 post. “I began to realize that the positions I had held previously regarding the issues of choice and gay marriage were rooted in the same premise held by those in power in the oppressive Middle East regimes I saw.”

She sounds sincere enough. She also supports single payer, is against cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and wants to end the wars. Those are all positions I support as well.

• Like Like x 1