Emmerdale Which characters would you not kill off

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Mar 22, 2019.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,716
    Medals:
    Been watching old Emmerdale episodes from the 1989 to 1994 era recently.

There are a surprising amount of characters who in my opinion could have remained on the show longer.

Archie, Rachel & Mark spring to mind, Archie because I think he still had life in him, I really liked his friendship with Zoe Tate, a great duo in the making, the posh lesbian and the loveable layabout, Archie could still be in the Village today, in a way he reminds of Marlon except that Marlon works for a living but their humour is the same.

As for Rachel and Mark, Rachel I could see had far more longevity than Kathy, Rachel could easily have slotted into the post Kim Tate & the King eras, Rachel marrying one of the King brothers would’ve worked, Mark could’ve helped Jack & Sarah run the farm keeping Andy & Robert in line, maybe even have him have an affair with Kim Tate

2. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,640
    Medals:
    I don't think they should have killed off Katie Sugden, Ashley Thomas, John Barton, Carl King, Donna Winsor and Chrissie White.

Since Joe didn't die, I don't have to mention him. :p

3. Ollie james

Ollie james Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I agree i think keeping Mark,Rachel and Archie would have worked. Killing Joe sugden off screen was a stupid and thoughtless thing to do but i also feel the same about killing off Viv Windsor. I love Emmerdale and have since i was a kid my favourite characters ever were Seth Armstrong, Amos and Alan Turner. I loved the natural humour generated in scenes between those characters. Emmerdale needs a real Yorkshire rogue like Seth again to keep us smiling amid all the drama.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 2)