1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emmerdale Which characters would you not kill off

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Mar 22, 2019.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict EXP: 9 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,795
    Been watching old Emmerdale episodes from the 1989 to 1994 era recently.

There are a surprising amount of characters who in my opinion could have remained on the show longer.

Archie, Rachel & Mark spring to mind, Archie because I think he still had life in him, I really liked his friendship with Zoe Tate, a great duo in the making, the posh lesbian and the loveable layabout, Archie could still be in the Village today, in a way he reminds of Marlon except that Marlon works for a living but their humour is the same.

As for Rachel and Mark, Rachel I could see had far more longevity than Kathy, Rachel could easily have slotted into the post Kim Tate & the King eras, Rachel marrying one of the King brothers would’ve worked, Mark could’ve helped Jack & Sarah run the farm keeping Andy & Robert in line, maybe even have him have an affair with Kim Tate

2. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,506
    I don't think they should have killed off Katie Sugden, Ashley Thomas, John Barton, Carl King, Donna Winsor and Chrissie White.

Since Joe didn't die, I don't have to mention him. :p

3. Ollie james

Ollie james Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I agree i think keeping Mark,Rachel and Archie would have worked. Killing Joe sugden off screen was a stupid and thoughtless thing to do but i also feel the same about killing off Viv Windsor. I love Emmerdale and have since i was a kid my favourite characters ever were Seth Armstrong, Amos and Alan Turner. I loved the natural humour generated in scenes between those characters. Emmerdale needs a real Yorkshire rogue like Seth again to keep us smiling amid all the drama.