What's your fascination?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Willie Oleson, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,419
    And I don't mean a hobby or a passion because these are activities we seek to enjoy.
    I think a fascination is something that never fails to surprise you, and depending on the subject that can be every day or once a year - and it only happens there and then, it doesn't linger or yearn (like obsessions do).

I've never realized how fascinating the concept of "fascination" is, until I just typed it out.

A fascination can also be an exclusive, one-off experience and this thread is about the recurring experiences.
    So...

2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,868
    What does it say about a person if they can't think of anything? I mean, am I just not feeling anything? Anything, anything at all. Maybe I need a nudge or something.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,419
    If you need to think about it then there's probably nothing. Zombie-fied, dead-behind-the-eyes-nothing.
    But don't worry, you can live a relatively fulfilling life without (a) fascination(s).

:D

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,292
    Cats and kittens. I don't care to own one because I want to be able to leave for weeks/months at a time without worrying who takes care of it at home, but seeing one in somebody else's house or on the street when I am on vacation and actually pay attention to what is around me stops me dead in my tracks and has me follow what they do until someone snaps me out of it.

• Like Like x 1