What season had your favourite principal cast group?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Gioberti84, Jul 29, 2019.

?

Favourite principal cast group?

1. Season #1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Season #2

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Season #3

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  4. Season #4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Season #5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Season #6

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. Season #7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Season #8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Season #9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +670
    Medals:
    Which season had your favourite principal cast group, in the main title opening?

Season 1 - Jane Wyman, Robert Foxworth, Lorenzo Lamas, Billy R. Moses, Jamie Rose, Abby Dalton and Susan Sullivan.

Season 2 - Same as season 1, with David Selby and Ana Alicia added.

Season 3 - Jamie Rose no longer in the main title. Mel Ferrer and Margaret Ladd added. Billy R. Moses is now William R. Moses.

Season 4 - Mel Ferrer excluded. Laura Johnson, Paul Freeman, Sarah Douglas and Simon MacCorkindale included.

Season 5 - Ken Olin is in. Paul Freeman, Abby Dalton and Sarah Douglas are excluded.

Season 6 - Laura Johnson, Ken Olin and Simon MacCorkindale are out. Brett Cullen, John Callahan, Dana Sparks and Cesar Romero are in.

Season 7 - Robert Foxworth and Cesar Romero are gone from the main title. Chao-Li Chi is added.

Season 8 - Brett Cullen and John Callahan are not featured. David Beecroft and Kristian Alfonso join the principal cast.

Season 9 - The principal cast are now Jane Wyman, David Selby, Lorenzo Lamas, Rod Taylor, Kristian Alfonso, Margaret Ladd, Wendy Phillips, Andrea Thompson, Chao-Li Chi and Gregory Harrison.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Medals:
    The 2nd season. N.B. William R. Moses didn't feature in the main title credits after the 6th season. Sorry to be pedantic!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    Medals:
    Margaret Ladd should have appeared in the main opening titles when the show began, so I'm going to opt for the third season (even without Jamie Rose another original).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,969
    Medals:
    I also voted for third since I think Emma over all were more important to the show than Vicky. I also liked the addition of Mel Ferrer. He made a good match for Angela. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,974
    Medals:
    Cesar Romero was one of my favourite actors on the show because his performance was always so strong and he had great chemistry with Jane Wyman, so part of me edges to season 6. However, season 3 overall had the best ensemble cast listing in the titles and I preferred William R. Moses being billed that way as it gave it a bit more gravitas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle'

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,001
    Medals:
    I'm torn between Season 3 and 6 as well. I really liked Cesar Romero and John Callahan in 6 but also liked Mel Ferrer in 3. :think: I do prefer the earlier title openings overall.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +753
    Medals:
    Oh, Season 02, for sure!!

8. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,881
    Medals:
    Undoubtedly Margaret Ladd should have been in the first season main opening titles. The character of Emma was very central in 1981 - '82. While I much preferred Jamie Rose's portrayal of Vickie (the Gioberti daughter) to Dana Sparks' later version I'm also choosing the 3rd season. Regrettably Jamie Rose is not there.

Father Bob Curtis is being interviewed about his time in California's Tuscany Valley show, ('behind the scenes' from season 1 - 9, 1981 - '90):

"I enjoyed working with many of the cast members. Jane and I have been friends for many years; she is one of a kind and a real professional. Ana Alicia is a sweet person. I baptised her children. Abby Dalton was a special favourite. Among the guest stars, Kim Novak was one of many I found to be of generous spirit. It was especially interesting to be on set with Mariska Hargitay (Jayne Mansfield's daughter), since she had been a student of mine while she attended our parish school."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Medals:
    Heads for season 3 and tails for season 4. Heads it was.

• Like Like x 2