What colours dominate your wardrobe?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Richard Channing, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,731
    I have more blue clothes than any other colour. Closely followed by green. Any shade of blue will do whereas I tend to stay away from earthy or mossy greens, or dark ones such as British racing green. I gravitate more towards teal and turquoise.

After that would be red and of course a few black items and white items.

I rarely wear yellow, but I do like it so will have one or two yellow items. Less likely to wear browns although I like some shades. I almost never wear orange. If I do it has to be a faded or natural looking orange and never a bright synthetic one.

I like faded colours (though not only) and I also like shiny things. (I blame watching Dynasty as a child for this)

What's your wardrobe's colour palette?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,936
    I hate to admit that the dominant colours in my wardrobe since I became middle aged are black and grey followed by blue. Most of my shirts, whether they be formal shirts, t-shirts or polo shirts, are white. There is a sprinkling of other colours (mainly red or green) which are clothes that were mostly given to me as presents.

I guess I'm a bit like Mark Zukerberg when it comes to clothes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,488
    Blue is my favourite colour so a lot of my wardrobe is blue. I like pale blue shirts like oxford shirts. I like blue jeans, I like denim shirts. I own a few suits and I have more navy than black. Blue just suits me well with dark hair and blue eyes, I think. I also like black and grey and wear a lot of that at night time going out, black jeans and top or shirt. All black always looks a bit more stylish and like you were put together when it's in fact the easiest option most of the time. Saves trying to match colours.

I like greens, but darker greens, like olive green and those mossy green colours.
    I also love maroon or wine coloured jumpers and sweaters. Especially in autumn and winter. Thinking about it the seasons really change the colours I wear. In summer I'm mostly in jeans and T-shirt, I like white T-shirts but have some black and grey and some olive green. My favourite T-shirts are Breton T's though. I love them, they are like white with a navy blue stripe I wear those all the time with jeans and converse, sometimes like chino trousers.

Colours that I just don't wear ever? Yellow, I hate yellow it only looks good on Joan Collins matched with black so she looks like a wasp. :) I'm also not a fan of orange, lime green or purple. Depending on the shade I do like red.

I guess I'm a deeper shade of blue...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,481
    I like black but will try to avoid (not always successfully) dark colours e.g. dark green or dark brown or navy because I find those colours depressing, except for vintage cars.
    [​IMG]

Light pink, violet or peach is OK for T-shirts, not for sweaters. You can really only combine yellow with green, and even that is a very dangerous combination because it's so easy to do it wrong.
    So unless you're looking for a fashion-suicide it's better to avoid yellow.
    I associate orange with Dutch Football, so that's also a no-go. Actually I do have washed out orange t-shirt (long sleeves), I think I bought it in the 90s but appears to be indestructible so I'm still wearing it.

I like red, camel, black, white, green and mauve (for sweaters and T-shirts). Blue is great but I usually wear blue jeans so that's also not a winning combination, to put it mildly.

Unfortunately I am often forced to ignore my own fashion advice because it's very difficult to find something my size, which limits my options, colour-wise.
    I'm not tall, I'm not short, I'm not fat and I'm not skinny. I don't know how it works in other countries but here in Holland they don't really cater to the normal body type.

I never wear button shirts. When I was little my mother tried to make me wear them, but it always ended up in scenes from The Exorcist.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,731
    I would only ever consider wearing yellow in summer, possibly with white. At the moment I do own a yellow t-shirt that I wear with some navy shorts with bananas on them which kinda works.

I like violet and lavender and always want something that colour but never seem to have anything. I rarely wear pink and then it needs to be a faded pink.

6. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,731
    Even so it's my least favourite colour on Joan. There was definitely a season of Dynasty were yellow was in and she wore it quite a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,481
    I find it too easter.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,774
    Black. I gravitate towards black in clothing stores.
    Pink is the 2nd most dominant color, followed by white.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    My wardrope looks almost like this picture, mostly blue with many other diffrent colours. it also depends if it looks good with jeans and shoes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    As a kid I had a yellow pajamas in the 80's, so i was feeling like a yellow bird.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,484
    I have to admit, as I've gotten older the colors I wear have become a bit more conservative. I seem to adorn myself in a lot of dull greens and the occasional dull blue, as if I'm trying to avoid gaining attention.

Before, though, I liked a good rust, burgundy, dark pink, and sometimes still do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,936
    So organised! My clothes are randomly thrown in my wardrobe, with several things on the same hanger and everything jammed in with little space to spare.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,631
    Black & white or navy blue (always casual with slim cut jeans). Occasionally, I try to spark things up with something different, like a pink polo, for instance.

I always have my clothes organized in a perversely rigid order. My sister, on the other hand, has stuff falling out of her closet. I can't stand the sight of that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Yes it is @Angela Channing, except for my shoes, because I do not keep my shoes in my wardrobe closet, I keep them somwhere else. ;)

15. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,604
    Almost everything I have is some shade of blue, followed by browns, tans, mustards, not so much bright yellows or oranges, though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,488
    I do love mustard too, especially with blue/navy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Black

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018