General Hospital Watching General Hospital

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by Daniel Avery, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    Kristina is the female Morgan--a character with no purpose except to complain and annoy the audience.

I believe they are going to toy with a Griffin/Sasha pairing, if they actually remember he's on canvas.

HAHA! I guess this is a way of keeping Grandma Carly unnaturally young. I figured she was just going through menopause like Blanche Deveraux when they first threw the story out there.

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    I watched the show today* and I have to say....it was very well-done. I mean, "they ought to submit this episode for the Daytime Emmys" well-done. The scenes between Lindstrom and Howarth did not disappoint, especially since Howarth wasn't doing his usual jokey delivery. The use of history gave the whole episode an extra layer of glue binding together Ryan/Franco's encounter with Lulu and Maxie's detective/digging scenes, Liz and Drew's thoughtful dialogue (reflective of their past together), and of course Ava and Scott's gentle arguing about Ava's decision to marry "Kevin". Even the teens (whom I usually just ignore) had an interesting interaction about Franco's confession and how it's hurting the Webber/Baldwin clan. I have no idea if those old details Maxie and Lulu were spouting about Ryan's murder spree were accurate, but it sounded like the writers did their homework (or watched some youtube clips). Cam ranting in "FML" mode because of Franco and his mom--while terminally-ill Oscar was seated at the table across from him--should have been ironic, but since they did not give Oscar the chance to play "compare and contrast," it just made me laugh a bit in spite of myself.

* Apparently this was Wednesday's show, but it got interrupted several times by breaking national news so ABC re-ran it today. Smart move, because it had some major movement of plot and needed to be seen by as many eyeballs as possible.

3. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    Yes, it was a good show. Franco figuring out the truth after being stabbed (!) was quite a moment. I still think the actor playing Cameron needs some polish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I'm a relatively new fan of GH because I'm watching it regularly since November 2017 with Jason's return to Port Charles. I love the soap opera genre because of the primetime soaps from the 80's (Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Flamingo Road, Knots Landing) that I still watch and enjoy today. Not being a daytime soap fan, not even telenovelas (I'm spanish), I find myself hooked on GH, eager to watch the next episode. Last two weeks have been great, from the moment Laura followed Ryan to Ferncliff, was drugged and taken prisoner with the real Kevin it's been a rollercoaster. Hope it reflects on ratings and on Emmy Awards...

5. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    Yes, GH has been must-watch TV lately, what with Ryan finally being exposed. Even Jason has been tolerable despite being wedged into the storyline.

6. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    At least they finally let Molly use the C word yesterday (cult)

7. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    I was about to post the exact same thing. Molly's character can sometimes be annoyingly sanctimonious, but I think she was the best one to use the other c-word because Kristina doesn't seem to listen to anyone older than she is....except her guru/Svengali, of course.

I guess Shiloh is the father of Willow's baby?

8. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    ...and then Kristina went nuclear, thus proving Molly's point. At least Sam is trying to do something about the cult. Otherwise she'd have no storyline!

Obviously we know that Brad and Lucas have baby Jonah, so I am left to wonder what happened to Willow's cult baby?

9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    Willow gave it up for adoption (to Brad/Lucas), and they had the baby briefly. The baby got sick and Brad tried to get to the hospital, but the baby died. He just happened to stumble on Nelle, who'd given birth in the woods (with Dr. O's assistance), so Nelle insisted they switch the babies. That was Willow's baby that she showed up with at the hospital, saying 'her' baby had died. Willow thinks Wiley is her baby; Dr. Obrecht knows that Nelle's baby survived, but kept quiet because the info is of no use to her right now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    Thanks for that explanation. I think I slept through some of that because I cared so little about Nelle!

11. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    Nelle just wanted to twist the knife in Michael by making him believe the baby was dead. She knew he'd get custody and make sure she never saw the baby again (what with her being sent to prison and all), so she gave the baby to Brad (who she'd been sort of friendly with) hoping that later on she could reclaim her baby (since you can be 99.9% sure she would stab Brucas in the back after they raised her kid).

I'm so glad they got rid of Nelle, an ill-conceived character who ate up too much screen time. The actress is quite good (she got another Emmy nom this year) but they should have come up with a better concept for the character.

12. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    At least Nelle gave Bobbie a lit bit of a storyline. But yes, she got way more than her share of screen time.

13. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    It occurred to me the other day that Ava, of all people, ought to understand that Ryan could survive his fall off a bridge into freezing water. It was only a few years ago when Sonny shot Ava while they were on a bridge*. She fell into the water and was presumed dead. A few months later, a brunette named Denise DeMuccio showed up in town bearing a strong resemblance to "dead" Ava, claiming to be Ava's long-lost twin sister. Obviously it was Ava faking it, and the story was the most groan-worthy stuff they ever gave Maura West. For the writers to totally ignore Ava having been in the exact some situation shows how much they want us to forget "Denise", I guess.

* Sonny, Franco, and Ava were involved in a jail-break from Pentonville--I believe Sonny was trying to stop Fluke from bombing a party at the Haunted Star. They even involved Madeline Reeves, though she wisely decided not to hop aboard the escape van with them. I recall when "Denise" showed up Sonny demanded she show him the spot where he had shot Ava--where she conveniently had a rose tattoo over the spot where a scar ought to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    Oh yes! I have been remembering Ava's fall and resurrection lately. And half of Port Charles breaking out of jail.

15. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    So Jason rescued Kristina from Dawn of Day, and now we wait for her to return to her (annoying) previous self.

16. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    And of course he neglected to tell her a key piece of information--that those "nice" people drugged her. As soon as she woke up Jason should have told her why he was able to carry her out of the house without her remembering it and why she felt so groggy/hung over. It isn't because she's a really sound sleeper. If they're all so above-board and she's 'doing what she wants,' then why slip her a roofie?

I have to say Sassy!Molly was a total trip when she was ripping Shiloh a new one. Looks like Molly got all the balls in that family.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    Medals:
    How is it that Anna could been thinking that she has false memories of being pregnant with Robin when she only met Alex in Pine Valley and on AMC in the middle 1990's when Robin had already been born years prior......?

18. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    This foolishness with Robin is just the lead-up to the "real" memory, which of course is that Alex is the real mother of Peter August. I'll sit through practically any ret-con nonsense if they can un-do this awful, character-assassinating idea that Anna slept with Faison and kept their child a secret from him (and the world). Bonus points if they can have Alex scoop him up and carry him away forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Author
    Ratings:
    +2,692
    Medals:
    The Alex-might-be-Robin's-mother turn in story might be the worst thing they have done in a long time.

20. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    It does stink up the place, doesn't it?

They're just padding things out until May Sweeps. I think "Peter is not Anna's son," "Ryan's final stand," and "The Death of Oscar" will be the main Sweeps events. The cult story will likely continue through the summer.

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 3)