1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SoapLand The Final Battle

How Will It End?

Dismiss Notice

Very good season finale

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by MarkSinacori, May 12, 2018.

1. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Well, I have to say Bravo to NuDynasty, from the writers and producers and the actors to everyone who worked on this episode for giving us a season finale worthy of the old show. I cannot really say anything different from all the spot on observations you all have written above. This episode kept me on the edge of my seat, so much was happening and yet I don't feel anything was given short thrift.

The homages to the old show were very well-done, yet the show stayed true to it's own roots in presenting these homages. Like a good season ender, multiple plot-points came to a head, in some cases, a close, and some evolved in other directions to be explored next season. I love that every character ended on a cliffhanger, be it big or small, and in some cases, multiple cliffhangers. I thought every actor brought their A-Game to their performance. I felt that Nicolette hit her stride as Alexis here. She struck the perfect balance of droll Alexis humour with serious Alexis scheming. And at the end, when Alexis ran through the flames up those stairs to save Cristal, another layer was added to her character. In fact, that was one of the twists I loved!

And talk about twists: Matthew being Claudia's delusion/hallucination and Cristal being the one who got shot, Steven about to become a father, Kirby being mentioned all throughout the episode as a sociopath with an extreme hate-on for Fallon, only to show up at the end in the Carrington Mansion foyer sitting on her suitcase, her face mysteriously hidden from view (a nice homage to Old Dynasty's Season 1 cliffhanger), just to name a few!

I loved how, production-wise, the different character's scenes were intercut together: the Cristal/Alexis catfight intercut with the wedding, the sound of the gunshot startling the rest of the family as they argue in another part of the stable house, little things that enhanced the overall pace and gave weight to those scenes.

I think the fire effects were well done, and along with the editing, a real sense of danger was presented, not only for Blake/Alexis/Fallon/Steven/Sam/Michael, but for poor Cristal one floor above, laying shot on the floor, flames licking between the cracks in the floorboards around her! Poor Cristal sure was put in double jeopardy in the end, being shot AND left for dead in the burning building, maybe triple if you throw in the catfight, maybe more if you look at where she was shot, which you know will affect her having children in the future, that is, if Cristal survives the finale.

And Matthew Blaisdel I totally agree with you that the music worked great this episode, be it the modern pieces or the orchestral score, especially during all the end scenes, the music enhanced the scenes and the emotional range of those scenes perfectly. That final shot outside the burning stable house, the camera moving past Blake, then past an anguished Sam, then to Fallon, the music swelling to a crescendo, then Fallon saying "Oh my God"..... OMG it is killing me we have to wait till the Fall to see this cliffhanger resolved! And that is the mark of a good season finale....

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,259
    Medals:
    @Snarky's Ghost There was something I realized earlier: this season finale is surprisingly similar to how you wanted to end Season 10 of the old show.

You wanted Sable and Caress to be shot (or shot *at*) by Eva Braun; Krystle and Alexis join forces to hide a secret; and the Carrington mansion goes up in flames.

The new show had Cristal getting shot by Claudia; Alexis makes a daring attempt to save Cristal; and the Carrington stable-house goes up in flames.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Were the show-writers gleaning ideas from us all before the site crashed? ...Well...

3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,768
    Medals:
    Soapchat is surely not the worst place to look out for ideas, when it comes to knowing Dynasty (maybe even better than it's own producers at the time :lol:) or how things could work better. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +32
    How and where are you watching? I've always wanted to see it.

5. Dw725

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm saying it again. Liam is Adam. This is how original Adam and Fallon started. They fell for each other so quickly. It seemed everyone knew who Liam's family was, maybe they kidnapped Adam and he's Liam? Honestly, over the course of the original series, was Fallon ever happy in a relationship?

And for people who think Kirby started the fire- does she really have any reason to at this point? All the people who were in the room at the time were against Hank at that point. He also knew Cristal was locked up a floor above as well. Hank/Adam would be the only surviving Carrington. He even took Sam out of the equation bc he would likely inherit Stevens shares if he lived.

6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,259
    Medals:
    Except why and how did Baby Adam end up with the rich New York family? Why doesn't Liam have a missing finger? Surely if he does, it would have come up?

Wait, how did Hank know Cristal was locked up? He left long before she and Alexis started fighting - unless I missed something? Plus, he was hot-wiring a car (and taking his time doing it), why would he go on the run if he figured all the other Carringtons would die? Not unless he was trying to come up with a quick alibi for himself, but even that seems unlikely.

I don't think it was Kirby either, though.

7. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +181
    Download from somewhere - I'll find out and let you know

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dw725

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Well, Liam could have a prosthetic as well. We don't know.

When Alexis arrived at the wedding she told Hank to get out, but she knew Cristal was locked in. Didn't she say something to him that she was gonna deal with/figure out what to do with Cristal?

9. Dw725

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +32
    This was such a complex episode. From what is actually going on in this episode to the correlations to the original Dynasty. I am loving it more and more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,259
    Medals:
    True on both accounts. I decided I won't try and figure things out, I'll just sit back and wait for things to unfold. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dw725

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Agree! I love to hypothesize though. The way they have ended this season shows me now that they are certainly capable of twisting the story in a good way. I can't think of a season finale that has made me feel like this for years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,855
    Medals:
    Although I'm not sure those are examples of it.

EMPIRE, on the other hand, seemed ripped from these pages. At least for a while.

Who knows??

13. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,075
    Since they are a very rich family, I don't think they kidnapped him. But maybe they bought him at the black market ?

Or maybe he got a transplant.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +135

I think Hank started the fire. Who’s car was that he was getting into? His own or someone else’s? He told Claudia “it’s an emergency” then she says she’s not crazy. It has to be Hank who started the fire. He set the fire and wants to take off so nobody will know it was him who started it. He just did it for the money. I doubt Kirby started it.