1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Until Our Eyes Next Meet

Discussion in 'JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction' started by Crazy For Sue Ellen, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Crazy For Sue Ellen Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    This is the follow up short story to As If We Never Said Goodbye. I hope you enjoy it.

DISCLAIMER:
    No copyright infringement intended. For entertainment purposes only.

UNTIL OUR EYES NEXT MEET
    Some eyes touch you more than hands ever could ~ (via ellayyah)

CHAPTER ONE: Picking up the Pieces

Watching the sunrise from her bedroom balcony, Sue Ellen relished in the magnificence of the sun lighting up the Dallas skyline. She couldn't sleep. It had been exactly three weeks after JR’s death, and she wondered what path her life would now take. After so many years of being divorced, she never imagined that she would be JR's widow. Their brief time together was something she would treasure the rest of her life.

Sue Ellen felt her eyelids get heavy. She yawned and decided to go back to bed. She raised her glass of vodka and winked at the canvas enlargement of the two of them on their wedding day in Cancun.

“Until our eyes next meet, my love,” Sue Ellen said, and in one gulp drank down to the bottom.

“I don’t want to work at Ewing Enterprises, John Ross. Your father left the company for you to run. I have no interest in it, well you know what I mean,” Sue Ellen said, unwilling to accept his offer.

“Mama, I wouldn't ask if I didn't want your help. With Daddy gone, I still need a consultant. I don’t want to ask Uncle Bobby or even Christopher. They are only interested in the ranch, and the cattle. They get a nice profit from the drilling on the partial land on Southfork and they are happy with that. Come on Mama, you can have your own office or you can work at home. I’ll have everything set up for you and…”

“Oh John Ross, I really don’t…”

“Don’t give me a definite answer right now. Please think about it at least, okay?” John Ross pleaded.

Sue Ellen always had a soft spot for her son. “Alright John Ross, I’ll consider it but give me time.”

John Ross knew he could wrap his Mama around his finger. “Great, and you won’t regret it if you say yes. Bye Mama.”

Sue Ellen hung up the phone. She didn’t want to work at Ewing Enterprises unless it was side by side with JR. She'd sooner own her own company again. After her divorce from Don, she dissolved their movie production company. The years of owning Valentine Lingerie were also a mere memory. She had plenty of money but she always had her eye out for anything that sparked her interest.

Sue Ellen parked her car in front of one of her favorite restaurants and bars called Tucker’s. She hadn't been there in a few months and looked forward to a leisurely meal. When she walked in, she immediately attracted the attention of the manager.

“Mrs. Ewing, it’s so good to see you,” Jared said.

“Thank you, Jared it’s good to see you, too. How have you been?” Sue Ellen asked.

“I’m fine, Mrs. Ewing. Come this way, your favorite table just became available,” Jared said, and led her to it.

Sue Ellen looked around. “Wow, quite the crowd today.”

“Yes, especially since Mr. Tucker announced he’s closing up at the end of the month,” Jared told her, his mouth became a sour grin.

“Closing? What happened?”

“Mr. Tucker is retiring. After his wife died last year, his heart hasn’t been in it. His son lives in California so he has no reason to keep it going. He put the building up for sale a few months ago.”

“Oh that’s a shame, I didn’t know about his wife. Well, I’m going to miss coming here. The food and service are wonderful.”
    “Thank you, Mrs. Ewing. The staff is upset about it too. After ten years, we were like a family and now it’s over. I’ll give you a few minutes to decide. Excuse me,” Jared said.

Sue Ellen managed a broken smile at Jared’s revelation. “What a shame,” she uttered to herself.

Sue Ellen ate her lunch, not with her usual gusto. She drank vodka on the rocks, feeling somewhat melancholy. “I hate to see these nice people lose a job they love to work at,” she said to herself. She gave Jared her usual generous tip and then some.

Sue Ellen bid farewell to the staff. She walked outside and decided to take a walk and go shopping before going home. She passed a VS lingerie store, and thought about JR.

“Oh how he loved the way I looked in their sexy nighties.” She fought back the tears of wanting his arms around her; feeling safe and not alone.

TWO HOURS LATER

While passing by Tucker’s, she suddenly got an idea. It was somewhat of a risk but she didn't care. It would be a way to honor the man she loved and give her an exciting new venture for the future.

Sue Ellen called John Ross and said, “Hi honey, I’m sorry to disappoint you but get somebody else for the job!”

Next up - Chapter Two: Defending Decisions

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +873
    How very Valene of Sue Ellen to go into the restaurant business :p For real though, she's done movies and lingerie, why not a restaurant?

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  3. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Really? LOL. I had no idea about Valene. I really didnt watch Knots.

4. Miss Texas 1967

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +873
    Oh no I was just making a joke about her time on Dallas as a waitress at the Hot Biscuit. If Sue Ellen wrote a book with characters resembling the Ewing family that would also be Valene on Knots Landing ;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  5. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    Omg how did I forget that. Lol

6. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    CHAPTER TWODefending Decisions

“Have you been drinking Mama?” John Ross asked, confused.

Sue Ellen fibbed. “No, I haven’t had anything at all today. Why would you ask me if I had a drink?”

“Well, I don’t think I heard you right. You couldn’t possibly have told me that you bought a building and now own…well…a bar," John Ross said. He was unable to comprehend the thought of her in that type of business.

“Yes, you heard me and it’s not just a bar, John Ross. It’s a restaurant, too,” Sue Ellen said, in defense of her business decision.

“Are you crazy, Mama? You don’t know anything about running a restaurant and bar. The only thing you know how to do is dri…” John Ross suddenly realized that he was about to insult Sue Ellen and didn't finish.

“Say it! The only thing I know how to do in a bar is drink! Right?” Sue Ellen asked, her voice rose in anger.

“I’m sorry but you know the answer is yes. I just don’t think it’s a good idea for you to be around liquor and…”

“John Ross, I had a set back at your Daddy’s funeral but I’m fine. I don’t even know why I’m discussing this with you. If you have nothing nice to say to me then I’m going to hang up,” Sue Ellen said, disgusted.

“Mama, please don’t. I just don’t think you realize what you’re getting yourself into. This isn’t lingerie or a movie company or...”

“Don’t you dare tell me what you think I’m getting myself into, John Ross. I know what I’m doing. And, did you forget that you wanted my help with Ewing Enterprises? I’m no stranger to the world of business so stop acting like I'm some amateur.”

Unable to hold his tongue, John Ross answered, “Good luck then Mama, but don’t say I didn't warn you. I guess I’ll ask Uncle Bobby to help me after all since I can't rely on you.”

“You do that, John Ross but remember this," Sue Ellen said.

“What the hell is that?” John Ross said, annoyingly.

“JR might have taught you everything he knew but I haven’t!” Sue Ellen shouted and hung up the phone.

6:30 p.m.

Earlier in the day, Sue Ellen spoke to her lawyers and arranged for the purchase of Tuckers. She was eager and excited about the challenge. She knew JR was with her in spirit, encouraging her all the way.

Sue Ellen poured herself some vodka and with an old fashioned pen and paper, mapped out the details she had for her new establishment. The name definitely had to change. The inside would be totally revamped with her specialty for design. She’d consult with as many professionals it took to smooth things out. Upscale with a touch of class!

10 o’clock

Sue Ellen, ever the strategist, thought about JR and how she would pay tribute to him. The name had to reflect the man but she drew a blank. She yawned and came to the conclusion that she had time to think about it. Rome wasn't built in a day. Another cliche’ my love.

Sue Ellen couldn't get JR out of her mind. She thought back to her honeymoon night in Cancun.

Wait! Aren’t you going to carry me over the threshold, JR?

What threshold sugar? We’re in a hotel suite and…”

JR, can’t you pretend?

Sure I can honey. I can pretend that my back will break after picking you up. How does that sound? JR asked, a smile escaped his lips.

Sue Ellen snickered and said, As long as you don’t break what matters, my darlin. We won’t be able to have any fun tonight.

Then I won’t even pretend to risk it. How about we just leap over it together?

Leap? Sue Ellen asked, inquisitively.

Well maybe we better just walk in. It’ll be safer that way, don’t you think? JR said, his arm around Sue Ellen’s waist. She nodded and answered, lead the way!

Oh my God, it’s beautiful. Hector really knows what we like, doesn't he, JR?

Yes and I know what I’d like right now, Sue Ellen.

Sue Ellen touched his face and asked, Hm, and what's that my darlin?

That beautiful naked body full of suds in the hot tub. I’ll get it started. Now you go do what women do.

Is that an order Mr. Ewing?

Damn right it is Mrs. Ewing! JR answered. Sue Ellen ran into the bathroom. JR removed his clothes while the bubbles filled the hot tub and he went into the water. She quickly took out her pink silk robe and wrapped it around her nude body.

Sue Ellen’s thoughts were interrupted when her phone rang. It was Bobby. F***, what does he want?

“Hello?” Sue Ellen said nicely.

“Sue Ellen, its Bobby. Is everything okay?”

“Of course it is, Bobby why?”

“John Ross told me what you’re planning to do and I’m worried. You’re making a mistake, Sue Ellen. Believe me,” Bobby told her.

Sue Ellen's anger again flared. “I don’t understand why I have to defend myself.”

“John Ross and I care about you, Sue Ellen and…”

“I know that Bobby but it’s done. I believe in myself! Goodnight,” Sue Ellen said and returned to her memories of JR.

TO BE CONTINUED: Chapter Three - Honeymoon Night

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  7. Miss Texas 1967

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +873
    This could either go the way the family see it going, or the other way. Hopefully it's all good :)

8. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    CHAPTER THREE – Honeymoon Night

Come on out Mrs. Ewing, don’t be shy, JR cried out.

Sue Ellen sashayed over to the hot tub. She untied her robe and slowly let it fall to the ground. She placed one foot on JR’s shoulder. My husband will be home soon so you better ravage me right now.

JR smirked. His tongue sucked her big toe as he caressed her leg. Your husband is a lucky man to have such a sexy woman like you. He must be awfully handsome.

He used to be awful but now he’s just extremely handsome. They shared some laughter before Sue Ellen sat next to him enjoying the warmth of the water and tingling of the bubbles.

Oh God this is the life, JR. Why didn't we ever have a hot tub? Sue Ellen asked.

That’s a good question. I’ll have one installed when we get home, a bigger and better one at that sugar. We’ll always remember this night when we’re in it especially since we’ll be making love as husband and wife.

Again, Sue Ellen teased.

Yeah, and it’ll be even more special this time. You know our first wedding night was meaningful. It wasn’t because you were so beautiful, which of course you were but because you were so young and naïve—which was super sexy to me at the time and…

And you were finally able to get me into bed, Sue Ellen said.

Well you did make me wait a long time but it was worth it. Taking your virginity was like…um…biting into a peach—your juices flowed all over me.

Sue Ellen laughed. Oh my God, that’s something a woman doesn’t hear every day. I’ll take it as a compliment though. What about our second wedding night?

It was wonderful. You wore me out as I recall not being as young as I was on our first honeymoon. Oh and I remember I had a black eye but I didn’t care. I kicked the crap out of Barnes at our reception. That rodent never got over the fact that I married you and he didn’t. I don’t know how you ever let him touch you and… Sue Ellen gently put her hand over JR’s mouth.

Please don’t ruin our night talking about the past, JR. She kissed his lips softly, her tongue playfully teasing the corners of his mouth.

Forget about my relationship with Cliff, okay? Sue Ellen said. JR pulled Sue Ellen in close and snuggled against her neck and whispered, Cliff who?

That’s better, Sue Ellen remarked. She let her hand drop under the water below JR’s belly and caressed him tenderly.

How does that feel? She asked in a low sexy voice. JR fondled her breasts and said, real good. He let out a moan when her firm grip stroked him a bit faster until JR was hard.

I want you! Sue Ellen said, and lowered herself onto him. She rode him slowly, his face against her throat in ecstasy. He took her face in his hands and pulled her in for a passionate kiss; tongues knotted through their moans of pleasure. His mouth moved to lick her earlobe. He heaved a sigh. Her groans matched his until the pinnacle moment when they came together as one.

They held each other until their breathing returned normally.

Oh JR, I don’t want our honeymoon to end. I love you so much.

It never will, darlin. I promise.

Sue Ellen opened her tear filled eyes. Oh JR, why did you have to leave me? I miss you so much. She cried uncontrollably repeating JR’s name. She got out of bed and reluctantly poured herself a drink. She held it up and toasted JR with a wink, a ritual that she began after his death.

After finishing her drink, she had a brainstorm and went back to her pad and pencil. She was focused and came up with the name. She sketched, in rough draft, what the sign would look like. “Not bad,” Sue Ellen said.

I know you're always with me my love. I feel your warmth. And, I promise you, I'm going to make you proud of me.

Next: Chapter Four - A Sign From Above

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  9. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    CHAPTER FOUR– A Sign From Above

Flutters of her heart and butterflies in her stomach told Sue Ellen that she was indeed nervous but excited. She walked into the real estate settlement agent’s office with much anticipation—and her lawyer by her side.

“May I help you?” the receptionist asked.

“Hello. My name is Michael Young and this is Mrs. Sue Ellen Ewing. We’re here for the 10 o’clock settlement.”

“Oh yes, right this way,” she said. Sue Ellen and her lawyer followed and greeted the sales agent, and soon to be former owner, Brent Tucker warmly.

“Good to see you again, Mrs. Ewing. After seeing you several years in my restaurant, I never thought it would be you buying my building, what a pleasant,” Brent said.

“Thanks, it’s good to see you, too,” Sue Ellen replied, her smile returning his.

“Just some paperwork to sign then we’ll be out of here,” the agent told them.

ONE HOUR LATER

Feeling energized, Sue Ellen began to start her car. She was about to pull out of the parking lot when she heard someone call out to her. “Mrs. Ewing! Mrs. Ewing, can I talk to you for a second?” Sue Ellen looked and noticed it was Brent. She put her car in park and smiled at him once more.

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to say it was a pleasure seeing you again. I’m sorry about your husband. I heard so much about him,” Brent said.

“Thank you but all of it can’t be good,” she kidded. Brent laughed and said, “Half of it was.”

Sue Ellen laughed. “I wanted to give you my condolences about your wife, too. Jared told me the last time I was in the restaurant.”

“Thanks. I don’t have to tell you how tough it is losing someone you love. We were married 30 years and…well…” His voice trailed off and Sue Ellen could only try to comfort his tears with a reassuring smile. “I just have one question, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Of course not, Brent and please call me Sue Ellen.”

“I was wondering what your plans for the building are?” Brett asked, curiously.

“Well, I’m going to keep it a restaurant and bar but do a complete renovation to the property," Sue Ellen told him excitedly.

“Oh that’s wonderful. I’m so happy that you’re not turning it into anything else because it’s the perfect location for food and beverage. If you need help with anything, I’d be happy to lend a hand. Call me,” Brent said, slipping her his number.

“That’s sweet of you. I appreciate it,” Sue Ellen said.

“Sure, and I mean it, Sue Ellen. Call me…um...anytime,” he said, with lust in his eyes. Though his good looks didn't go unnoticed, she missed JR too much to even think about being with another man. She could only manage to say, “Uh-huh.”

As Sue Ellen sped away, she said, “Jesus, how could he get teary eyed one minute and hit on me the next?”

She thought about it and realized, “He’s a man.”

Sue Ellen pulled up to her new building and got out of her car. “Here it JR. I wish you could somehow show me if you approve; that you're right beside me.”

Before she had a chance to cry, she opened the door and locked it behind her. She looked around and closed her eyes, envisioning what the new layout would be. She began to walk around and check things out until, suddenly, she felt the need to stop—an eerie feeling came over her. It looked like a ray of sunshine creeping in from one of the shaded windows to warm her. Sue Ellen felt a tingling sensation, like hands slowly caressing her body and ending at the softness of her lips. It took her breath away; a moment she'd never forget.

Through her tears of happiness she whispered, "Oh JR, my love...thank you."

Next Up: Chapter Five- The Sweet Smell of Success

10. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    CHAPTER FIVE – THE SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS

One Year Later - San Angelo, Texas

He smiled profusely surveying the crowd that adorned his mother’s newest restaurant. “Can you ever forgive me, Mama?” John Ross asked.

“For what John Ross?” Sue Ellen answered. She looked at him perplexed though she knew he was asking forgiveness for doubting her ability. Not only was JR and Sue Ellen’s a triumph, it was now the stepping stone to the grand opening of JR's Barbecue Pit which catered to the blue collar locals in San Angelo.

“I’m sorry for doubting you. I’ll never question your judgment again. I’m proud of you and I know Daddy is too, not just for your achievement but for getting back on the road to sobriety," John Ross said.

A warm feeling came over Sue Ellen and she kissed him sweetly. “It’s been almost a year since I’ve had a drink. I feel great but…she pauses…I miss your Daddy so very much. I still can’t believe he’s gone.”

“I know but you have to move on. You know what I mean, don’t you?” John Ross pressed.

“Of course but I’m not interested in any man. I’m a bit lonely at night but I’ll be okay.”

“You don’t have to be. I have several associates who are always asking me to give them your number. And do you know why?”

“I assume they want to cut a deal with you,” Sue Ellen said, jokingly.

“No. It’s because you’re beautiful, Mama. You must be blind if you don’t notice the male population at the bar eyeing you up.”

“They’re half lit, John Ross,” Sue Ellen told him, her laughter infectious.

“Dad always said you could have any man you wanted.”

“Yes and I still chose your Father but I have had my share of men, John Ross. Do you want details of all the little trysts your Mama has had in her lifetime?”

John Ross shivered at the thought and said, “God no but…well…I just want you to enjoy yourself. You work hard and you deserve a little fun, Mama.”

“Thanks honey. I promise I’ll try,” Sue Ellen said and hugged John Ross, though she was unenthusiastic about the prospect of dating.

“One last question and then you’ll be rid of me. Why did you open this in San Angelo instead of Dallas?”

“Well, the truth is that I wanted to go somewhere different but still be in Texas, and to a town I was familiar with. I decided on San Angelo because we lived here for a short time when your Daddy and I were divorced. You don’t remember that, do you?”

“No but Grandpa Farlow would tell me about the times on the Southern Cross.”

“During that time I was in love with Dusty. He took me to a lot of different places here and I grew to love it, so it only seemed logical to choose San Angelo. I enjoy living here and Dallas.”

“I don’t remember too much of the saddle tramp, Mama except of what Daddy told me. And, it wasn’t good.”

Sue Ellen chuckled. “For your Daddy it wasn't, but the memories I have are wonderful."

“Have you thought about Dusty over the years?” John Ross asked.

“Sure I have…I mean…I loved him but what does that matter now?”

“It doesn’t. Well, I better get going, Mama. I’ll call you later.”

Sue Ellen kissed John Ross and said, “Okay. Love you. Be safe.”

John Ross walked down the street and into an awaiting limousine. “Well?” a voice said. He smiled at the man next to him and answered, “I could see the spark in Mama’s eyes when she talked about you.”

“I never stopped loving Sue Ellen. I’m sorry about your Dad but this is my last chance with your Mother.”

“I’m glad you called me, Dusty. I won’t tell Mom either. I have to admit that I was hesitant because I don’t get involved with other people’s love lives, especially my own mother but she deserves someone, so please make her happy,” John Ross said. They shook hands.

“Thanks, if she’ll have me, I will.” Dusty promised.

Sue Ellen walked out of her office and onto the restaurant floor. It was closing time and the manager would take care of locking up. “Have a great night,” she said before heading out the door. She had some bags in her hand and one fell when she reached for her car keys. Before she got a chance to pick it up she heard a familiar voice say, “Can I help you, Ma’am?”

Sue Ellen turned around and when she saw his face, she whispered, “Dusty.”

NEXT: CHAPTER SIX– Second Chances

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    CHAPTER SIX– Second Chances

“Hello beautiful,” Dusty said, his smile warmed her heart.

“Dusty!” Sue Ellen shouted. She quickly stood up and hugged him before going inside the restaurant to talk privately. She told the Manager she'd lock up instead.

“How do you like it, Dusty?” Sue Ellen asked.

“It’s really nice, Sue Ellen. I’m so happy for you.”

“Depending on the success, I’m going to expand. I already have ideas of where the next one will be. It’s been so fulfilling for me since JR died.”

“I’m sorry about JR, really I am.”

“Thanks. It’s been hard but I’m strong and pulled myself through it,” Sue Ellen said with pride.

“You look wonderful. I can't believe how long its been since we last talked, or saw each other,” Dusty said.

“Too long, Dusty.”

“I wanted to call you so many times over the years, but I didn’t want to bother or interfere with your life and…”

“Why would you think that after what we meant to one another?” Sue Ellen asked.

“I guess I thought while JR was alive, I shouldn’t.
    I never admitted this Sue Ellen but deep down I always felt that you loved me but…”

“But what, I did love you.”

“Yes but I wasn’t first in your heart. We both know JR was,” Dusty told her.

Sue Ellen’s facial expression told him he was right. “I needed you at the time. I didn’t want to admit how much I loved JR after the pain he caused me. I thought I just wanted somebody to love me but I was wrong. I wanted JR to love me, and when I felt that he didn’t, I opened up my heart to you. Can you blame me for that?”

“No, I never did. I was the one who didn’t live up to your expectations, Sue Ellen. I should have married you, not Linda. I’ve had to live with myself since then,” Dusty said, choking on his words.

Sue Ellen could feel his pain. She wondered how her life would have been if she had married Dusty and not JR. As she stared at him, she realized she still had feelings and unabashed lust for Dusty.

But how could she, she missed JR terribly, but then again how could she not? She was lonely. The love of her life was gone but here was Dusty—a man she was once in love with. They stared at each other momentarily before his hands caressed her hair, face and body. She trembled a bit and felt the flame rise within her.

“I love you, Sue Ellen,” Dusty said. It had been thirty years since she’d been in Dusty’s arms and she melted from his tender yet passionate kiss.

One week later - Guilt & Anger

From the upper loft office of her restaurant, Sue Ellen shuffled through papers on her desk to tally up the month’s profits and keep track of her budget. The accounting software on her computer kept everything organized, but she was unable to concentrate; her mind on Dusty—and JR. Being close to Dusty again was wonderful but they only shared a few kisses. Guilt stopped her. JR was gone but she couldn't go any further. She chuckled momentarily when she remembered no hesitation when cheating on JR with Dusty before.

That was then and this is now. JR is dead and not coming back. I miss him so much but I’m alive. Dusty is alive. I want him. So what the hell is my problem?

Sue Ellen grabbed the photo she had on her desk from their wedding and shouted, “Damn you, JR Ewing. Why can’t I be free of you and have a meaningful relationship again? Why do I feel guilty for even thinking about Dusty? Damn you! Damn you!”

Tears flowed down her cheeks and in a slight rage; she threw the photo against the wall shattering the frame. She cried hysterically when reality sunk in, dropping to her knees to pick up the glass. “Oh JR, I’m so sorry!”

A knock on her door snapped her out of it. “Everything okay, Mrs. Ewing? I heard a thump and…”

“Um, yes. I accidentally knocked a photo off my desk. I’ll be fine,” Sue Ellen said, thankful he didn't hear her shouts. She stood up and noticed her hands were bloody from the broken glass. She ran to her private bathroom to take care of the cut. It wasn't that bad. A band-aid was all she needed. To her surprise, the photo was not damaged and she let out a sigh of relief.

I can’t go on like this or I’ll start drinking again. She picked up the phone and dialed Dusty’s number. “Hey cowboy, it’s me,” Sue Ellen said when he answered.

“I’m so happy you called. I was beginning to think I’d never hear that beautiful voice again.”

“Fat chance,” she quipped. “Are you busy tonight? I’d love to see you. I…I feel bad that I haven’t been able to...” Dusty interrupted her.

“No need to feel that way. Do you want me to pick you up or meet somewhere?”

“Pick me up in an hour, okay?”

“You got it, and Sue Ellen?”

“Yes?”

“I love you. See ya’ then.”

Sue Ellen smiled as she hung up the phone. She looked around the office and clutched a photo of JR then whispered, “I’m sorry my love.”

Next: The Final Chapter - Into The Sunset

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Miss Texas 1967

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +873
    No, she's allowed to be happy :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Crazy For Sue Ellen

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +376
    The Final Chapter – Into The Sunset

After a great dinner, Sue Ellen and Dusty went back to her home.

“Your condo is beautiful, Sue Ellen. It reflects your exquisite taste to every detail from the hardwood floor to the kitchen sink,” Dusty said, with a twinkle in his eye.

“Thanks. I like having the luxury to be here or my house in Dallas,” Sue Ellen replied.

“Well, I don’t know about you but I had a great time tonight. You are so beautiful," Dusty said then added, "You know you look even better now than when I met you."

"Oh Dusty, come on," Sue Ellen exclaimed not believing it.

"Honest honey, time has stood still. You look fabulous,” Dusty told her.

Sue Ellen smiled and said, "Sometimes I wish it was when we first met. JR would still be here with me and..." She paused.

“Oh God, I'm sorry, Dusty. That was very insensitive."

Dusty tenderly touched her arm and replied, "Its okay, Sue Ellen."

"No its not. I didn’t think about JR the entire evening and promised myself I wouldn’t let his memory interfere with us. I love being with you. I’m so happy you’re here,” Sue Ellen admitted, her lip quivering.

Dusty’s finger traced the outline of her mouth; the tingling sensation of his touch overwhelmed her. She longed to feel free of guilt. She wanted an intimate relationship again. The pent up frustration needed to be released, but not with any man that came her way. Here was Dusty, not just any man—a man she still loved.

Sue Ellen closed her eyes and kissed his awaiting lips. He wrapped his arms around her waist, caressing the still glorious curves of her body. She melted into him as their passion heated up.

“Dusty…I want you,” she whispered.

“Are you sure, Sue Ellen? I don’t want to…” She cut off his words with a gentle touch to his lips. She nodded and said, “I’ve never been so sure of anything else,” and led him to her bedroom, trembling the entire way.

Though surrounded by memories of JR throughout the room, Sue Ellen focused entirely on making love with Dusty. Quickly, their clothes were scattered to the ground and their desire erupted.

Sue Ellen never looked back.

Six Months later

“Congratulations, Mama or should I say, Mrs. Farlow,” John Ross said.

“Mama is fine,” Sue Ellen said, chuckling.

“I just wish you would have told me sooner. I should’ve been there when you and Dusty got married and…”

“No, it’s okay. Dusty and I wanted a quiet wedding,” Sue Ellen explained.

“Well, I know Daddy must be happy for you, Mama,” John Ross told her, and deep down she felt it to be true.

“I loved your Daddy, John Ross. He is my soulmate, but I love Dusty very much, and he makes me happy. I’m blessed to have him in my life again,” Sue Ellen gushed.

“I’m so glad, Mama. What are your plans now that you sold the restaurants?”

Sue Ellen smiled then said, “I’m going to ride off into the sunset with my cowboy.”

THE END

Hope everyone enjoyed my short story!

I always felt that if Sue Ellen couldn’t be with JR in the end, she should be with Dusty. I wish that would have been the case instead of her leaving with Don. I think the writers missed the boat.

:byee:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Miss Texas 1967

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +873
    Nice ending. I laughed at myself for a second because I read this in the email notification this morning, then came on and saw the notification here, saw the words "Mrs Farlow" and forgot about the Dusty plot and for a second thought she married Clayton lol

• Funny Funny x 1