1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unintentionally funny scenes

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Lastkidpicked, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I thought of another one - when Sue Ellen clocks the greedy nurse in the sanitarium and then steals a car and drives away drinking a bottle of booze. Even though she and the baby could have been killed, the scene is made hilarious by the corny music playing in the background and Sue Ellen chugging down the liquor while swerving all over the road.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,765
    Another one I sniggered at was JR and Callys wedding when Tommy McKay goes onto the veranda ( i think, not a season i watch much) "doing anger" and i thought he was going to burst out of his shirt and turn green like the Incredible Hulk. It was so cheesy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Taylor Bennett Jr.

Taylor Bennett Jr. Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,241
    2 words: roller disco!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Cliff Barnes, as the sign in the first photo says, is the best!)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Laurie Marr

Laurie Marr Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +437
    Some of the characters’ major health scares produced some dodgy acting: Jock’s heart attack and Sue Ellen’s drunk tank flip out spring to mind.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens 'The Lovely Michelle' EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +14,768
    I forgot that one. Indeed, that was funny. :laughing: The McKay's sure had rage issues.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +930
    There's a scene where Afton and Cliff go to get ice cream and then Cliff's falls on the ground as he goes to lick it. I don't know if it's adlibbed or whether it was scripted but Cliff says "I don't like pistachio anymore" in a funny little whine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +2,147
    One that I was watching with some friends made them both laugh a lot and for a long time - I'd seen it before so while I thought it was funny too, I had already heard the line in question and was expecting it: It's one of the episodes where Sue Ellen is just starting her lingerie venture and she's talking to a man who was either a consultant, the supplier of models, or something like that. Sue Ellen is telling him that she has a groundbreaking concept for her line of lingerie that she thinks will really catch on with women. She says (and this is where the uncontrollable laughter started): My product is going to appeal to women because it feels them - "They're trash with class." The man looks impressed and repeats: "Trash, but with class"! He sounds like Sue Ellen has just invented something of the magnitude of the Nike "Just Do It" slogan.

I guess none of us could quit see the incredible appeal of telling women that they're trash, but it's OK, because they're "trash with class"!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. Laurie Marr

Laurie Marr Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +437
    Marilee is pushed into the pool by Jamie and prompts the following concerned inquiry from JR:

“Did it go up your nose, honey?”

9. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,765
    oh that was very dodgy acting, clasp your chest and cross your eyes!!

I thought she was auditioning for a part in Michael jacksons Thriller video

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jon Ewing Jr.

Jon Ewing Jr. Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +291
    I know its storming and all but how in the world did that carrying on not wake everyone up.......

11. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 11 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,958
    And this is one of the things that the writers could never have predicted. Back in 1979, you would watch Dallas one time on Friday night. And it was great! But when the episode was over, it was over. Imagine telling the producers back then, "40 years from now, a group of fans will keep this show alive. They will watch it on their computers, and even be able to freeze frames of they want to".

They would have thought you were crazy!

I really enjoy posts like Guzzler pointing out, "Hey, if you watch that episode that takes place in Las Vegas, you will see the Dallas skyline in the background" If you are a behind-the-scenes person like me, then you love little moments like that.

If you think about it, if the producers thought at the time that CBS would play an episode one time and then nobody would see it again, it is amazing that this didn't happen much more often!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019