Twin Peaks/"What year is this?"

Discussion in 'Twin Peaks' started by TJames03, Jul 12, 2018.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +367
    I'm confused? Since the series has not been renewed, does this mean the time line has been altered and Laura never died?

2. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,696
    As far as I can tell, Cooper went back to undo Laura's death and the result/consequence(?) was him ending up in another year with a Carrie Page, a woman looking exactly like Laura who may or may not be her. If this is in the future, Carrie may be another lookalike like we saw in Season 2.

Perhaps history was altered so much that a mess was made out of it.

The series may not have been renewed, but they have laid out the possible central arc quite clearly. Season 3, it was Cooper's looooong return to Twin Peaks. Season 4 would possibly be Cooper's journey in bringing Laura back and I assume it would take a while too. I'd love to see it.

There's fascinating theorizing that Cooper and Laura are trapped in Judy's version of reality, that this is really Laura but she doesn't remember. I cannot believe I missed Sarah screaming Laura's name before Carrie starts screaming. Some theorize Judy could have won, but Laura's suffering/screaming destroyed it or fought back. All so fascinating.

Maybe.

Then again, it could be none of it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,347
    Cooper couldn't save Laura, because she always has to die in order to defeat Judy, even in every single alternate universe. The one leading to the many is Laura Palmer. Laura is the one. Time repeats itself. Over and over again. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1