Trump calls his critics 'very dangerous for the country'

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by SueEllenRules!, Jul 2, 2018.

1. SueEllenRules!

SueEllenRules! Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    Trump Calls His Critics 'Very Dangerous For The Country'
    The president tells Fox News that people from "the other side" have "radical ideas" that are "bad" for America.

Donald Trump warned his critics in an interview Sunday that they’d “better take it easy,” and cautioned that they are “dangerous for the country.”

He blasted the “language” and “radical ideas” of people from “the other side.”

“I hope the other side realizes that they better just take it easy,” Trump said on the Fox News’ program “Sunday Morning Features.”

“Because some of the language used, some of the words used, even some of the radical ideas, I really think they’re very bad for the country. I think they’re actually very dangerous for the country,” he added.

Trump was responding to a question from the relentlessly flattering Maria Bartiromo about recent criticism against Trump and members of his administration. She referred to “your lovely” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who was recently told to leave a Virginia restaurant, and actor Robert De Niro, who said “F*** Trump” — twice — from the stage of the Tony Award presentations last month.

Another critic Trump likely had in mind was Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), who late last month called on protesters to continue to confront members of his administration over its harsh immigration policy. Trump in turn tweeted that Waters had an “extraordinarily low low IQ” and warned her: “Be careful what you wish for.” She said Trump’s attack increased the number of death threats against her and taunted at a Los Angeles rally Saturday: “If you shoot at me you’d better shoot straight.”

Trump’s comments followed massive “Families Belong Together” protests across the nation of tens of thousands of people demonstrating against his “zero tolerance” policy concerning undocumented immigrants and separating migrant children from their parents.

The president also said in the Fox interview that if recent calls to abolish ICE succeed, “people will be afraid to walk out of [their] house.” He said if Democrats continue to push to abolish ICE “they’re gonna get beat so bad, I think they’ll never win another election,” he added. “So I’m actually quite happy about it.”

He also praised how “tough” ICE is. In a tweet Saturday, Trump boasted that he had “watched” ICE “liberate towns from the grasp” of MS-13 gang members, but didn’t detail where there might have occurred.

Asked if he was going to quiz his picks for Supreme Court justice to replace Anthony Kennedy about their stance on Roe v. Wade, he responded: “That’s a big one. Probably not.” He said he’s looking to choose “conservatives” like Neil Gorsuch. Trump’s list of prospective nominees, however, was created with the help of the conservative Federalist Society, a think tank deeply opposed to reproductive rights.

Trump also boasted about the economy, which has been on an uptick since the Obama administration and said he’s considering shaving another percent from the corporate tax rate which was already sliced last year from 35 percent to 21 percent.

He called the tax cuts “incredible” and boasted of his “biggest ever” reduction of regulations. There’s still “more regulation cutting to do,” he said, but the nation will still have the “cleanest water, cleanest air.”

Trump Calls His Critics 'Very Dangerous For The Country' - HuffPost https://apple.news/AB0oBv8-WS5m2yCCMJADXgQ

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,465
    He projects everything. Everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frank Underwood

Frank Underwood Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    What a sham. I wonder how long it will take for him to try to silence his critics the way he bullied the NFL into forcing their players to stand for the National Anthem.

And, of course, everybody who opposes him is "dangerous." Meanwhile, he's looking to shave the tax rate for wealthy people after he already gave them the biggest give away in history. He's gutted regulations and and continues to do so, yet wants us to believe we'll still have clean water and air. You don't roll back regulations to protect our water and air because you care about those resources. And as for ICE, they seem more interested in breaking up families and caging children than going after the illegals caught committing crimes.

I shutter to think what the Supreme Court's about to become.

4. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    It’s almost as if we would’ve been better off with Hillary Clinton as president.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Yeah, that's just what we need. Yet another president who supports sending back immigrant children fleeing violence, bombing the Middle East, gutting bankruptcy laws and doing the bidding of Wall Street, refusing to support a health care plan that would cover everybody, etc. Not to mention her support for the TPP, financial dealings with Russian oligarchs, and Bill's $500,000 speech to a Kremlin bank. Oh, I forgot. Only Trump's ties to the Russian's matter. It's such a joke that Clinton supporters see her as a beacon of ethics and morality when she's one of the worst candidates the Dems have ever run. Unlike Obama's initial campaign, she was completely uninspiring and constantly shit on the base Obama wisely reached out to.

Trump tapped into that anger on the left by promising to keep jobs in America and protect entitlements. It was bullshit, of course, but Hillary didn't even try to shore up the working class vote. Instead, Chuck Schumer says they'll pick up two moderate Republicans for every blue collar Dem they lose. Dems constantly screw their base and yet still feel entitled to our vote.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  6. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Vote for Hillary and still get immigrant children deported, more war, millions without healthcare, jobs sent overseas, banking regulations gutted, and increased surveillance powers!

By the way, I didn't have to photoshop this picture:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  8. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    Guess Who Came to Dinner With Flynn and Putin

[​IMG]
    The head table of a gala celebrating the tenth anniversary of Russia Today in December of 2015 included Russian President Vladimir Putin and American retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna742696?source=images

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  9. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Her appearance at that dinner has been explained many times. It was part of a peace initiative, she never talked to Putin, and Flynn wasn't interested in her stance on peace.

But if you're going by pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Exactly. I wasn't actually saying there was anything nefarious about it. I was simply pointing out why it's ridiculous to jump to conclusions based on a photo.

Stein also ran as a Green Party candidate in 2012, four years before Russia was accused of meddling in the election. I believe her trip to Russia was for diplomatic reasons.

12. Majorfanofshow

Majorfanofshow Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    In a huge ironic twist I totally agree with trump!!!! I totally agree because all democrats are not unanimously pro impeachment

13. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Not only do Democrats not unanimously support impeachment, many of them have approved torturers to his administration and voted in favor of some of his draconian policies.

However, Democratic partisans couldn't care less.

14. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
  15. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    I tend to whine when vile politicians support torturers and policies that hurt immigrants and the poor. You, on the other hand, support them as long as they identify as a Democrat.

16. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  17. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Wow, thanks for showing me your credentials! It all makes sense now.

18. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
  19. Frank Underwood

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Wow, you keep impressing me with your achievements! It truly is a sign of a lame person to start posting silly and insulting gifs like a child because their world view is so fragile.

20. SueEllenRules!

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +779
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1