Emmerdale Tom Waterhouse theory

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by emm1978, Nov 23, 2017.

1. emm1978

emm1978 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +57
    TOM THEORY:

Could it be that the mysterious Tom Waterhouse could be, in reality, Joseph Tate going under a false name?

He has similar characteristics to his father had when he first appeared in the show, the right age, and it could be he has come back to claim some kind of inheritance.

It would explain why he is constantly hanging around Debbie, who is the daughter of his father's widow, Charity.
    joseph.JPG

Emmerdale_Tom-z.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Medals:
    I'm hoping that's where it's heading, it's certainly where my mind went when Tom first mentioned that his parents had died when he was young and that he was left money by his father. And having a link to the village would be more interesting than Tom being just another random posh rich boy for Home Farm.

Whoever he is, he's obviously out for some kind of revenge. I suspect it's Charity who is his real target and not Debbie.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,772
    Medals:
    This makes so much sense!! I never thought about this.

I knew there had to be a connection between Tom and a character from the past, but never thought of a connection to the Tate's, some suggest that Tom is Carl King's son but everyone knew what he looked like and I don't think he would focus on Debbie either but on Chas.

Tom Waterhouse as Joseph Tate is possible since both of his parents did die when he was very young and was raised by his aunt Zoe, it seems Charity will be involved in this storyline which makes sense since she was Joseph's step-mother.

Another idea could be that he's James Tate: Son of Frank and Kim, half-brother to Chris and Zoe, maybe Kim died off-screen or "Tom's" arrival is a prelude to Kim returning after nearly two decades away.

• Like Like x 1