1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Title of new Bond movie finally announced.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Swami, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Supreme

Threads:
    Civil Servant
    Ratings:
    +10,214
    James Bond film title revealed as No Time To Die

[​IMG]Image
    The long-awaited title of the next Bond film has finally been revealed.

The 25th official James Bond movie will be called No Time To Die - the news was revealed by producers on Twitter.

The movie, which will see Daniel Craig play 007 for the fifth and final time, will also star Oscar-winning actor Rami Malek as "a mysterious villain".

Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge is one of the writers. Ralph Fiennes and Ben Whishaw will return as M and Q respectively.

[​IMG]Image copyright MGM/Columbia/Eon
    Image caption Lea Seydoux is returning for the new film
    Naomie Harris is coming back as Moneypenny and Rory Kinnear will again play MI6 chief of staff Bill Tanner.

Lea Seydoux is reprising her Madeleine Swann character from 2015's Spectre, while Jeffrey Wright is returning as ex-CIA agent Felix Leiter.

The film is being directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, whose credits include the first series of HBO's True Detective and Netflix's Maniac.

Fukunaga came on board last year after Danny Boyle left the project over unspecified "creative differences".

No Time To Die will be released on 3 April in the UK and on the 8 April in the US.

007 fans may be aware that famed Bond producer Cubby Broccoli was also behind a 1958 prisoner of war film called No Time To Die (which was also known as Tank Force).

That film was directed by Terence Young, who also worked on the Bond movies Dr No, From Russia With Love and Thunderball.

It was co-written by screenwriter Richard Maibaum, who adapted the Bond stories for almost every film from Dr No to Licence to Kill.

Swami

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator EXP: 11 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,086

On first listen, I love the dramatic, gothic arrangement. It's probably the kind of song I'd do a search on and perhaps even download if I heard it on the radio or posted in a nomination thread, and it feels appropriately dark and "cool" for the Daniel Craig era.

It does feel like it's missing something though. I was waiting for the belting top note and the ballsy, stirring ending and so ended up a bit disappointed. I always associate Bond themes with full chest voice and I don't think it's used at all here. And I had to look up the lyrics because the enunciation wasn't the best.

It's a great song, but it doesn't scream "Bond" to me. It is an earworm though, and I'm sure I'll be adding it to my music library at some point.​

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,601
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,601
    I am very disappointed that they are using the same Bond girl as in the last movie. I want a new Bond girl for every movie, it's tradition.

5. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Star EXP: 6 Years

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,168
    I really like it. I've been quite disappointed by Bond themes in recent years, but for me this is the best one in a while. And it's my favourite song I've heard of Billie's. Her music for me is quite good but doesn't really get me excited like it seems to for many. But Billie herself on the other hand I find absolutely captivating. I've watched a lot of interviews and she has so much star quality. She looks like a grungy young Scarlett Johansson and she is wise way beyond her years. I expect great things from her in the future and am looking forward to seeing who she becomes as she matures.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 17 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,596
    [​IMG]

A James Bond theme has to be to the point, this one has 2 minutes of not-so-amazing acoustic stuff and then finally something starts to happen but it could have been so much meatier.
    Couldn't they find a singer who can pronounce the lyrics properly? And a bit more of a voice? She sounds like she's in bed with the flu.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Richard Channing

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,168
    What about that beautiful piano intro?? I do agree it could have gotten meatier near the end, I could have done with a bigger crescendo too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator EXP: 11 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,086
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Richard Channing

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,168
    Here she is performing it at the Brit Awards.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,596
    Watching that video makes me realize what bothers me the most about modern-popular vocalists, or maybe I should say "what's expected of them".
    Even those who do have the gift of voice are not allowed to simply use that talent and sing a song, no it has to be performed. Vocals have to be altered into something that indicates suffering and a massive achievement.
    It's very possible that Billie actually can sing, but people don't want music, they want auditions.
    What happened to the fun and pleasure of music, when did it become such an exhausting exercise? Is it a zeitgeist thing, does it represent the younger generation's state of mind?

11. Richard Channing

Threads:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +8,168
    Isn't performing what you do, and indeed should do, when you're on stage?

12. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,382
    I like the song but where's the rest of it? Where's the key change and belting climax and yea... It feels like it could have been better with a better singer. Maybe I'm just old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,596
    I don't mean the physical performance, it doesn't matter to me how she sits or stands or uses her arms.
    What I meant was that it feels like that there's so much effort going on, so, even if did like it I'd still find it difficult to enjoy it.
    Quiet vocals can be beautiful (e.g. Dusty Springfield) but this just so not sincere at all.
    I'm truly gutted that this had to happen to a Bond song.

14. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,382
    I would like to hear a cover version of it, done like a typical Bond theme. With a big shouty diva crescendo ending. With a build in the song vocally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,596
    As long as it's not Sam Smith.

#SaveTheBondSongs

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2