Tilton On Vp: “she’s A Real B-tch!”

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by TJames03, Jul 15, 2019.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +781
    Medals:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,016
    Medals:
    Didn't Charlene deny this story at the time?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,337
    Medals:
    Because someone moves on with their career instead of constantly harking back to past successes that makes them a bitch? Comments like these, if true, reflect more badly on Miss Tilton than they do on Miss Principal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,589
    Medals:
    The story was printed in Hello magazine with that quote and I remember at the time we tried to find it and send it to Charlene because she didn't have access to it.

Again - we don't know why it was said or why. Please once again refrain from speculation and putting down the other actors with references to them for staying true to Dallas. Can we just have respect for all our beloved Dallas actors, thank you.

TJ I have explained before, the threads being started with speculation and to cause negativity and to stir, which are becoming a daily occurence, will be closed, if there is no relevant discussion. Linda, Larry, Victoria and Patrick are all valuable to us and to the show. And I will say this one more time, Linda, Larry and Patrick are not to be put down because they chose to stay with Dallas and Victoria chose to leave. Likewise we respect Victoria for her career choices.

This happened over 10 years ago so it’s not hard to guess why it’s suddenly been brought up again. Have you nothing new to bring to the forum?

Relevant discussion, with a meaning, or topic will be closed.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +702
    OP, you know that people fall out and make up all the time in the real world, yes? I've said some rotten things on occasion even to the people I love most. I'm sure Victoria and Charlene had times when they weren't getting on too well, and other times when they did get along well. I always thought that the Swansong scene, where Pam seems strangely disinterested about Lucy's remarriage to Mitch, that Victoria and Charlene at that particular time (1985) were not getting on as well as they once were. Anyway, we know that the Dallas main cast motto is like the Ewing motto, i.e. keep disagreements between ourselves out of the public domain as much as possible and away from outsiders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,426
    I have always thought that Charlene Tilton, although honest, has a blunt and overly impulsive character, so remembering after many years this 'loss of style' is useless. However, I believe that Victoria, Barbara and Ken had a much more similar character than the rest of the main actors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,164
    Medals:
    Honestly, I could see it being a comment she made in jest because she was tired of being asked about ms Principal and in a way "give" the reporters exactly what they wanted to hear.

8. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Old article. My bad.

9. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,639
    Medals:
    I remember having to scan it in for the Forum for CT to see! It was from OK magazine and the date on my scans (still on CD) show it was from 2006 and there is reference to the fact that BBG died not long ago and how BBG and LH helped her deal with "celebrity" and how to avoid people at airports etc

I do agree with @Angela Channing in his comments and I take my hat of to VP for the success she made as a business woman and her generosity to those less fortunate .
    There was lot of chat at the time re whether it was true or not - I dont hink we will ever truly know and i thing there was a bit of back pedalling once it was printed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,827
    I remember it at the time. It was ‘OK’ or ‘Hello’?? Anyway Charlene was upset the way they wrote that article, so it was the mag being naughty. Charlene did say (after the print) she didn’t say that about Victoria and she was particularly upset as this very same article stated that Charlene had helped nurse her mother back to health when her mom had actually already passed. Can’t believe everything we read

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +781
    Medals:
    Oh, would you get off it. I am simply putting up an article. I’m not bashing anyone. Unless everyone is kissing each others @sses, you have a problem. There is nothing in any of these replies that constitutes bashing of any kind, it’s strictly normal discussion.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  12. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +781
    Medals:
    Yes, but I think she did say it and regretted it, thus changing her mind to get out of it.....

13. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +781
    Medals:
    I always found it odd that Tilton and VP didn’t share any scenes ever after a certain period, however, it wouldn’t make sense in a story line sense they would, though. Pam didn’t even really seem to remember Lucy until Bobby mentioned Lucy’s wedding to her. I guess Pam wasn’t even on the invite list. I believe Tilton said what she did and regretted it and lied and said that she didn’t. JMHO......

14. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,516
    Medals:
    But not just any article. To me it seems like yet another opportunity to call somebody a pig, a cow or a b*tch (or suggest that someone else did).
    That's right, they didn't. Hence your attempt to reinforce the most negative scenario possible.
    Twice.
    Everyone's entitled to his/her opinion, and there's nothing wrong with some juicy gossip every now and then, but, as Sarah pointed out (and what we already knew) there is a pattern in your posts.

There is very little (if any) censor going on at soapchat, I'm sure there were things going on behind the scenes (maybe even worse than we could imagine), we can't expect every large cast & crew to be one big happy family (or any group of people in any kind of business, for that matter) but since this site is devoted to our favourite shows, and Dallas in particular, I think the fans' main concern is how the actors contributed to the show itself.
    And indeed, some characters are not so popular - to put it mildly - but it's mostly in the context of the story, rather than the actors themselves.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +781
    Medals:
    You people are pathetic. All you want are stories of frat boy pranks between Hagman and Duffy while Gray stands their like a robot saying everything is “Delicious.”

I prefer people like VP who’s not afraid to say “F U” to everyone (which is actually how I conduct most of my affairs in life).......

16. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,595
    This is interesting, Sarah. I haven't paid a lot of attention to the threads based on gossip, which the internet has encouraged, along with wrecking a lot of society in general. If Dallas is someone's favorite show, or one of their favorites, it wouldn't make any sense to criticize actors for staying loyal to the show and its fans and praise actors for quitting, would it? But then this is the internet, where up is down, black is white, and nothing adds up, so if nothing else, it is consistent.

17. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +781
    Medals:
    No, what I am saying are indisputable facts that most everyone agrees with me when I bring them up....

01. Duffy’s ego was erroneously inflated. He though he was going to be a huge star and it didn’t happen.

02. His return and the dream season resolution destroyed the show beyond repair.

03. VP’s departure hurt the show WAY more than Duffy’s ever could.

04. Hagman and Duffy’s adolescent pranks and immature behavior, as well as Gray’s bizarre insistence that they all hang out 24/7 clashed with VP’s stance that it was simply a job.

05. Jealousy that VP did so well post-Dallas while the others did not.

Do you people really think that if Duffy has as much success post-Dallas finically as VP did he would have returned to the show? Hell no!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,595
    What you're posting is not entirely, or even mostly "indisputable facts." It's your opinion and speculation for the most part. Let's take a look at your "facts."

"01. Duffy’s ego was erroneously inflated. He though he was going to be a huge star and it didn’t happen."

Was his ego inflated? By what standard? It's true he didn't become a movie star as he'd hoped. That's a fact.

"02. His return and the dream season resolution destroyed the show beyond repair."

I agree that allowing him to return hurt the show because Bobby was already dead, but who had the ultimate authority on making that happen or saying "No, we can't have you come back." Duffy didn't have that authority. Blame the executives at the company who had the authority to say no to that and didn't. Who would have turned down a the ton of money they were offering him to return? Was it just bringing him back to the show that destroyed Dallas, or do you think there may have been other factors involved such as, the sub-par quality of the scripts and other people of value to the show leaving?

"03. VP’s departure hurt the show WAY more than Duffy’s ever could."

In your opinion it might have. It's certainly not an "indisputable fact." I never saw Pam as more important to the show than Bobby. VP left at a time when the quality of the writing had dropped substantially. Her leaving the show coincides with that drop in quality of the writing but it's not the cause of it.

"04. Hagman and Duffy’s adolescent pranks and immature behavior, as well as Gray’s bizarre insistence that they all hang out 24/7 clashed with VP’s stance that it was simply a job."

"Immature behavior" by what standard? It's your opinion again. Were you even there to witness that behavior or did you find out about it maybe second or third hand?

Did Gray really have a "bizarre insistence" that she spend down time on the set with her friends or is it likely she was just a social person? How social she was is her choice isn't it? Why criticize her for it and say it's bizarre? Suppose another person were less social and preferred being alone during down time on the set. Would you criticize that person just as much, describing him or her as bizarrely anti-social or would you give that person a pass because that behavior more closely aligns with your personal preference of how people ought to socialize on the set, or maybe just because you have a bias towards him or her?

"05. Jealousy that VP did so well post-Dallas while the others did not."

How is it a fact that all of them or any of them were jealous of VP? One fact you did state, or allude to, is that Patrick Duffy didn't become the big movie star he'd hoped to when he left Dallas. Well guess what, Victoria Principal didn't become the big movie star she'd hoped to become when she left Dallas either. What movie successful or not, was she in, that ever even made it to the movie theaters after she left Dallas? So, what is there to even be jealous of? A failed marriage? Having no children? A career in informercials? Wow, those are some things to aspire to aren't they? Does any of that make you jealous? It certainly doesn't make me jealous, but the bottom line is whether they were jealous of her or not is of no consequence to the show this forum was made for discussing. Sarah has already made it clear that she'd rather not have gossip on this forum. So why not cooperate with her instead of persisting in trying to continue what she politely asked you to stop by trying to pass off your personal opinion and speculation as being nothing but "indisputable facts"?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,337
    Medals:
    Insulting forum members who don't agree with you doesn't really help your argument and is totally unnecessary.
    I don't think that's true at all. I think most people who are fans of Dallas like to hear that all the stars of the show are loved and they don't buy into all this supposed rivalry between cast members.

If Charlene called Victoria a bitch then more fool her but I know how the media can goad a interviewee into saying something that they think will make the interview more newsworthy. I think VP was likely to be more concerned about how many more thousands of units of her moisturising cream she could sell by offering a bottom of the jar guarantee than she was about what Charlene might have or have not said.

I think it's great that Victoria has gone on to be a successful businesswoman and doesn't feel the need to hang on to the profile that the show gave her. Equally, I appreciate how other stars of the show have continued to promote it to keep Dallas in people's consciousness.

When VP appeared in return To Southfork, she seemed genuinely happy to be back with her co-stars (it wasn't a "F U" at all) so I choose not to believe stories that some cast members didn't get on with her.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +702
    Have you never fallen out with people, even with your best friends, and said things that you wouldn't have said with a cooler head? The character of Lucy was often like that herself. As mentioned above, Victoria and Charlene got on well in 2004 at Return to Southfork. Victoria went to Charlene first out of anyone, as I recall.

• Agree Agree x 2