Those who cannot drive in the snow!

Discussion in 'Rant Room' started by Santa Swami, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Santa Swami

Santa Swami Soap Chat Supreme

Message Count:
    Civil Servant
    Ratings:
    +8,709
    Medals:
    Today has seen our first snowfall of winter and once again it brings out the drivers in their droves who simply cannot master the basics of winter driving, not judging their distance, driving far too fast amongst the main things.

Long overdue for the driving test here to be overhauled, you should only get passed if you have driven competently in all conditions.

Swami

2. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    I love the drivers who leave snow on their rooftops; the snow often partially melts only to refreeze into a block of ice that flies off of their car into your path.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Holiday Whore

The Holiday Whore Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,919
    Medals:
    I mean snow isn't really that common here. So I don't know what way you'd have to wrangle the driving test to an all weather conditions test? Maybe fly you out to universal studios and have them fake all seasons in one afternoon while you drive around in a lap.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,675
    Back when I lived in Louisiana, on a rare day when there was snow (in their minds--actual weather: flakes) and roads got a bit icy, a police car on the bridge crushed on another car.

5. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,321
    When it snows here, the main warnings given out are that you do not drive in the snow and only go out if absolutely necessary.

To think of someone actually taking a driving exam in the snow is just ridiculous.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Medals:
    I HATE driving in heavy snow. It really scares me. I think it is illegal or you can get points over here if you don't clear your car of snow properly. If you brake and it covers your windscreen or goes into the path of someone else - that's bad.

7. Herofan

Herofan Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +90
    The thing with some drivers is they apparently think you should drive exactly the same in snow as you do on dry pavement; same speed, same following distance, etc. They don’t think they should adjust their driving habits. Sometimes I’ll be driving in snow, and somebody will blow around me like it’s an 80 degree, sunshiny day.

Taking a test in snow would’ve ridiculous. I think it just takes a little common sense.