The Voice - Coaching Panel

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Ome for Christmas, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,229
    Sir Tom Jones has been confirmed for The Voice UK, as the full coaching line-up is finally announced.

The musical legend will be reunited with will.i.am on the singing competition show when it makes its debut on ITV next year.

Alongside the duo will be Grammy-winning Jennifer Hudson and Bush rocker Gavin Rossdale.

Former American Idol star Jennifer has performed at the Super Bowl and won an Oscar for her acclaimed role in Dreamgirls.

Meanwhile, Gavin's ex Gwen Stefani did The Voice in the United States. His daughter Daisy Lowe is currently participating in the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing.

Sir Tom was on the panel of the first four series of The Voice UK, winning the show in 2012, before being rather notoriously dropped by the BBC in favour of Boy George.

The 'Kiss' singer claimed at the time that he was only told that he was being replaced on The Voice at the last moment with "no consultation or conversation of any kind".

"I enjoyed it, but if they don't want me anymore, they can go f**k themselves," he said not long after.

Former BBC director Danny Cohen tried to make things right by publicly apologising to the 'gentlemanly' Sir Tom, although it looks like Jones gets the last laugh by signing on with the BBC's chief rival ITV.

In a nutshell, we have two new coaches Jennifer Hudson who hasn't managed to sell more than one million albums worldwide and Gavin Rossdale whose solo career bombed worldwide and is living off one successful album from 1996.

Tom Jones who looked like he wanted to be in bed asleep on his last stint with the show.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,229
    A new twist in the show....

Emma Willis - who will be hosting the show solo following its move from the BBC - spoke about the change of format, revealing: "If you don't push your button for a contestant, you don't get to see them."

"So only the people who press the button get to see who it is, so if no one turns, no one sees who sung."

So far, so harsh, but the presenter insists the twist will be "good for the show", and will allow the coaches - including will.i.am, Tom Jones, Gavin Rossdale and Jennifer Hudson - to be less apologetic and more critical.

"I think it is good - they do it in other territories on The Voice around the world, and it instigates different chat between the coaches."