The Three Sisters

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Mustard, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +709
    So what are people's thoughts about the most bizarre episode of Knots Landing ever broadcast, the Series 3 episode "The Three Sisters"? Personally, I loved it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    Medals:
    It wowed me last time I rewatched it. There’s so much truth and history to Val and Lilimae’s scenes. Not to mention foreshadowing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,189
    Medals:
    I loved this episode too. I thought for sure it came out around Halloween due to the ghost house theme and was surprised to find out that it didn't. But yes the episode explored Valene's relationship with Lilimae and also her lack of Lucy. The theme of the supernatural could have become silly if it hadn't been done right. But it was done right and it totally worked due to Joan's acting. :hat:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +10,605
    Medals:
    It was a curious episode because it was a stand alone one that made little reference to on-going plotlines. You could watch the series and miss out that episode and have no problem following any existing storyline. That said, as a stand alone episode was good but it wasn't really Knots Landing as we know it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,135
    Medals:
    There were a lot of stand-alones in season three, and many of them were, shall we say "experimental". I liked the episode for its "change of pace," essentially because it placed the ladies in a very different situation than the usual stuff. The whole story with the little girls was kind of thin, but it kept the "ladies only" thing going. I love that they made Abby ride in the cargo bay of Karen's station wagon. :p

I've always wondered (but will likely never know for sure) if the situation years later with Joshua was meant to recall the situation in this episode. In 3S, Val tried to jump off a roof to her death (being talked out of it by Lilimae), while years later Lilimae finds herself once again talking to a child of hers about to jump off a roof. Only this time, she wasn't able to save him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,189
    Medals:
    Interesting paralell. I have never thought of that Val and Joshua both tried to jump off the roof. I wonder what that says about Lilimae's parenting skills? ;)

Love Abby in the back of the station wagon too! :lol:

7. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,685
    Medals:
    Can't really add anything. The episode is often criticised for its surface oddities but underneath it is a wonderful character study.

• Agree Agree x 2