The paley Center preview

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Soapwriter12, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +288
  2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,637
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Someone called Ross Robinson (thanks Ross btw) has posted on YouTube his opinion about the NuDynasty Pilot since he attended the preview. I think you´d like to know what he says and, given many of you are (cleverly) YouTube-less, I have copied below his words. As you can see, my own opinions and thoughts about the new show are sealed, as I promised you. Enjoy the ride and get ready for the announcement of who will play Alexis (nobody knows yet, allegedly...).

XXXOOO (or is it XO+XO?) to all my Dy-friends,

Moi and Da Pig

"DYNASTY THE RE-IMAGING

My anticipation was high! The original DYNASTY is the reason I write in the way that I do. The twists, the turns, the dialogue, the glitz, the glam. I knew this reboot couldn't touch the mega-hit known as Dynasty 80s, but maybe it could take me back in a 'new' way. The lights dimmed and the show started to play. Immediately there were tributes to the old show. I won't give it away because you deserve the surprise 'smile', but listen close, there are a couple of nods to the old show that will delight old fans. I was probably the only one in the theater making happy noises when these moments illuminated on the screen.

Crystal is gorgeous. Wow. She is 2010's gorgeous. In the 80s, Linda Evans would have mopped her up. But today, she is just hot hot. There were great moments in the pilot. It is not all 'airy' like the trailer would have you think. Honestly, If it were just another AARON SPELLING show in the 2010's, we would love it. It doesn't really resemble Dynasty other than the names. In the pilot, Fallon steals the show. She is bitchier than Pamela Sue. This Fallon admits that Martin was her template. Jeff is different (not only in skin tone but motives as well). They went for a huge, diverse cast. They toss interracial relationships in like it's a normal part of the day which is terrific. Fallon has a thing for black men! There is no Steven coming to grips with being gay. Here he is out and proud! Male Sammy Jo is going to be fun as he infiltrates the house like Locklear did back in the day.

Alexis is coming! They wouldn't say when, but they confirmed she is definitely coming. Not much more was said. They are going to deliver it in a surprise. She wasn't needed for the pilot. She should come in later anyway when we feel a certain kind of way about the base characters. It will be interesting seeing if Fallon and her mother will bond immediately in this new creation or be bitchy enemies. I am sure they are going to get someone badass actress to flow through. After all, Esther is still there and she understand's the elements of a grand entrance.

Fallon's character says the camp is still there, detailing a scene where she will show up at breakfast in glamour like clothes and a turban just to 'eat eggs”. The pacing is what you'd expect from a 2010 show. It is fast and to the point for the most part. We won't get lingering hallway scenes. Everything is quick to the cut.

Time has passed. Mrs. Shapiro was incredibly slow coming onto the stage. She had to be helped on. But wow, what a legend. What her vision has done for my life. What her vision has done for the fans. What a lady and I was honored to be sitting in her air. She sounds the same pretty much. I wasn't sure however, if she was losing her memory. I know you have seen in the previews that Fallon bites off the head of the wedding cake doll. Someone from the current production asked Esther did Fallon do that in the original. Esther said yes. I don't remember that so I just assumed Esther was forgetting things, but she followed up her answer very strong so now I think maybe Pamela Sue did in fact bite the head off. Do any of you remember this happening? Also Esther went on to explain that the reason why they didn't just reboot the old series is because people didn't know any of the old cast. NO ESTHER!!!! that's not the reason for a reboot. It's to gain the old and the new. Didn't you watch Dallas and how they merged the two worlds? It is this thinking that cost us fans a wonderful trip down memory lane in a 2017 wrapping. This was the only time during the meet and greet that I cursed out legendary Mrs. Shapiro!!! They did say there Is the possibility that we will see old Dynasty actors show up.

In closing, I have to say I enjoyed the show as it's own entity. As Dynasty80s, not so much so I will watch it again and enjoy it better without any expectations. It is just as good as any modern day CW soap opera. Give it a chance. Enjoy the nod to the old. IT is competently written and directed and the cast is gorgeous!"

PS: Hello, this is the real "moi". I have been lobbying hard to play NuAlexis and sent to the producers a book with a photo series of "moi" representing moments of la "Dynastie". Je suis la winner!!

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

1- Moi as Alexis waiting for the lawyer´s chauffeur at the airport, to be picked up and enter the court and the show. Scene cut out from TOS.

2- Moi as Alexis just married to NuCecil Colby, watching him die with delight. I´m her only heiress (otherwise he'll die again!)...

3- Moi as Alexis in the dream sequence pre-Moldavia wedding, thinking how cool she´d look with her own big fat crown.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Soapwriter12

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +288
  4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    I have never been more afraid in my life

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,178
    Medals:
    upload_2017-9-12_0-15-39.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soapwriter12

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +288

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,228
    Medals:
    Urrgghhh..... It's like she discredits or forgets what she initially created.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,228
    Medals:
    Who is the transgender character?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,178
    Medals:
    Esther thinks we should enjoy ourselves when we watch CW Dynasty.

How dare she?:a2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,228
    Medals:
    She thinks it should be funny. I get a touch of humour here and there, Fallon and Alexis usually did that. However in season 1 humour wasn't really what I was getting.

11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,178
    Medals:
    True, but it seems to me that this remake is done with Dynasty's most memorable characteristics in mind, and unfortunately, season 1 wasn't that.
    Heck, even some Dynasty fans complain that season 1 was slow and dull.

It's not going to be the exact same pattern as the original seasons, and I guess that's why season 1 looks like season 2 or 3.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,946
    Medals:
    Sammy Joe? Maybe they'll do a "man becomes pregnant" storyline...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,542
    Medals:
    I'm calling it now. Cristal is the transgender character and that is why she's the black sheep of her family. I think Esther may have inadvertently let a massive spoiler slip right there.

Unless of course, there's some minor side character that we don't know about yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +135
    My dear Toni, I think you're the best Alexis for the new generation, a real pig and bitch! And you'll truly enjoy the catfights in the mud (is in your blood)!!!
    Forget the wedding to NuCecil, no NuCecil in NuDynasty.... Just Jeff and it seems is for Fallon!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,178
    Medals:
    Not to mention the ethnics without ethics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +402
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    I like this new Jeff. I prefer this new Jeff. And I prefer the new relationship/dynamic between Blake and Jeff ("Okay, I guess I do hate him!" :lol:).