1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice
  2. Just Look at the Flowers Lizzie

The death of ****** (spoiler)

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead' started by Pamela_E, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Ok when the show returns I will shed as many tears as when Bobby Ewing popped his clogs.

I did read Karl might die but hoped it wasn't true.

Not sure how I feel about this decision, I hate the idea but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea just really sad.

But I'm wondering if the killing of care about chacaterS will result in the audience stopping investing in the characters. This is a big one and the impact on Rick is pretty out there. His whole motivation since the show started was tied in with keeping Karl alive.

I'm wondering if now we will get that time jump and a focus on Rick's relationship with Judith and his chatacter becoming more peaceful. Perhaps the rogue Rick will be no more.

But a real shocker for sure....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,257

It really is!

As the episode ended, my first reaction was of shock and then I thought they will milk this death more than any other death, but that's the beauty of it. Carl is one of the very first characters and the audience has been with him all the way. It took me about 4, maybe 5 seasons to fully appreciate Carl, I found him nothing more than an irritant for the first half of the series. Now that's he's grown up I've felt more invested in the character.

I'm also really loving the idea that Carl's death is not at the hands of another baddie (Glen, Abraham, Bob, Beth, Hershal etc...) and it's all down to a zombie bite, not just your average zombie attack.

I'm expecting a real tearjerker when it returns in February.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    It's great to watch again knowing what happens at the end. It all comes together wonderfully with the hints throughout - the letter to his dad etc.

It's funny because I did think he was bitten a few episodes back when he was with that guy in the woods but didn't think any more of it. Obviously he was bitten in that scene.

Apparently there isn't a flash forward and old man Rick was just a fantasy sequence. We will see...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,257
    Oh, I hadn't thought of doing it again, now you've mentioned it, it feels like a must-see. As I recall the episode in my head I can see how it all builds up to that moment where Rick finds out.

My daughter was convinced of this, but I just brushed it off thinking they would never go there with Carl.

All the editing this past season has confused me, or should I say it's made me work harder to follow the plot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,337
    I was shocked they are having Carl die. I’m sure the next episode February 25, will be a tearjerker. Chandler was amazing on the mid season finale.

His Parents are angry because he was let go by Scott Gimple. He told Chandler he would be on for another couple of years but changed his mind. Chandler took a year off college to devote all his time for the series. Fans want Scott Gimple fired like that won’t happen.
    It will be interesting to see how this will effect Rick.

• Like Like x 1