SoapLand - The Battle Of The Brothers and Sisters - The Result

Discussion in 'SoapLand - The Battles' started by Blizzard Channing, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Blizzard Channing

Blizzard Channing Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,606
    Medals:
    This is the first in a series of battles that will focus on family relationships, and we're gonna start with our favourite brother/sister duo. Maybe it was the bond they shared, or the chemistry the actors had that you enjoyed. Maybe you found the more complex, dysfunctional, or even twisted relationships the most entertaining.

We're only going to focus on blood relatives, so half brothers/sisters are fine, but step brothers/sisters won't be included. So which Soapland brother and sister relationships did you most enjoy?

donnymarie1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,188
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    1- Pam & Cliff (Dallas)
    2- Valene & Joshua (Knots)
    3- Cliff & Katherine (Dallas)
    4- Karen & Joe (Knots)
    5- Richard & Emma (Falcon Crest)

[​IMG]

"Dammit, hell, Bobby! Da Mod said brother & sister,
    and your brother is no woman last time I checked!"​

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Blizzard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,606
    Medals:
    Thanks Toni. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough but it's just brother/sister duo's this time. So a male and a female. Later I'll also do a brothers one, and a sisters one, as well as father/son, mother/daughter and the other combinations.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,188
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Thanks for making it clear to poor moi. I hope it´s alright now (I find it more interesting, actually...).

:jump: :giddy: :spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,324
    Medals:
    How very clever of you to secure an entire series of battles in one post. And what am I supposed to do, huh? This smells like good old fashioned boardroom backstabbing!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Blizzard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,606
    Medals:
    lol. I actually didn't mean they'd all be happening in a row! In fact even on my turn I may not do one of these every time. But I thought they could be interesting topics and a good way of helping us reach our end goal of 100 battles.

So no need to worry about backstabbing Willie. Cause when I finally decide to destroy you, it's going to be face to face!!

Capture.JPG

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wintry North Poleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,324
    Medals:
    I had been thinking of The Brothers, since we've already done The Sisters, but this is a much better idea.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,015
    1. Pam and Cliff Dallas
    2. Sarah and Dennis RTE
    3. Angela and John S&D
    4. Katherine and Cliff Dallas
    5. Fallon and Steven Dynasty

• Like Like x 9
  9. Wintry North Poleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,324
    Medals:
    1. Steven & Fallon Carrington - DYNASTY
    upload_2019-9-2_3-1-21.png
    Young, attractive, filthy rich and very damaged. They were so different they could have been enemies, but a tragedy caused by their horrible parents had bonded them.

2. Peter Hollister & Jill Bennett - KNOTS LANDING
    upload_2019-9-2_3-14-32.png
    A brother and sister on a secret mission, but that also meant they couldn't act like brother and sister. Living in Knots Landing changed the course of their mission, and ultimately, destroyed them.

3. Sid & Abby Fairgate - KNOTS LANDING
    upload_2019-9-2_3-23-1.png
    For being the most bizarre brother & sister combination. There weren't many people that Abby truly loved, but she really loved Sid, and her nephews too.

4. Fallon & Adam Carrington - DYNASTY
    upload_2019-9-2_3-36-7.png
    The controversial brother & sister.

5. Jason & Angela Gioberti - FALCON CREST
    upload_2019-9-2_3-41-23.png
    I don't think they shared a scene together, but they hated eachother, and that's soap-y enough for me.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  10. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,302
    Medals:
    1. Pam & Cliff (Dallas)
    2. Katherine & Cliff (Dallas)
    3. Jack & Jamie (Dallas)
    4. Fallon & Adam (Dynasty)
    5. Afton & Mitch (Dallas)

• Like Like x 9
  11. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,832
    Medals:
    He was dead for the only screentime they shared, but having Angela watch as her assistant loads her brother's corpse into a truck before pushing it over a cliff is macabre enough for them to warrant a mention.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,832
    Medals:
    1 - Fallon & Steven on Dynasty: the OG Pamela Sue and Al versions before all of the head swapping began. I loved their dynamic in the first two seasons. Both damaged by their upbringing and both pawns in their father's power games, they shared a somewhat tortured upbringing despite being born with silver spoons in their mouths. Navigating that was difficult enough and then they had the shared experience of having to deal with the return of their absentee mother. Dynasty didn't really delve too deeply into the Carrington sibling relationships after Al Corley left, which was a wasted opportunity I thought, particularly with Adam and Amanda.

2 - Michael & Sandy on Flamingo Road: killing your sister by using voodoo to run her car over a cliff because she slept with your enemy isn't something we see often on a primetime soap, so these screwed up siblings deserve a nomination for that plot twist alone.

3 - Constance & Jason on The Colbys: while she was one of the lesser characters on the show, Connie was a prime example of the interfering sibling, something that Sable had no issue in pointing out (which was ironic considering Sable was a prime example of the interfering mother). Connie stuck her nose in to her brother's marriage, encouraged his "true love" to return, knowing the chaos she would cause and then acted as if Sable was in the wrong for being involved with Zach Powers. She enabled Jason's f*ckwittery by normalising his behaviour, which makes for an interesting sibling dynamic.

4 - Dominique & Blake on Dynasty: granted the writing could be a bit nonsensical when it came to this arc but they're both good actors so when they were given material like Tom's deathbed and the subsequent court case involving Ben and Alexis, they really worked well together. Plus I love any excuse to post this photo of Dominique.

[​IMG]

5 - Claudia and Greg on Knots Landing: I love Kathleen Noone and I love William Devane, so having them paired as siblings was great to watch. Even if it was in the twilight years of Knots when the show wasn't at it's hottest, the addition of Claudia was welcome and added an extra facet to Greg's character.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,297
    Medals:
    ...and she was only going to the supermarket for a loaf of bread.:D

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Blizzard Channing

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,606
    Medals:
    1. Cliff and Katherine

d18c4ecf621f07360ab6392e8926f965.jpg

Although I was tempted to vote for Cliff and Pam they're getting plenty of votes so I'm going with Cliff and Katherine. It was a tense relationship at the best of times, and although Katherine tried her best to mask her contempt for him, she couldn't always manage it. Their mother's death damaged their already fraught relationship beyond repair and them each having a third of her company made for some interesting drama. I do love how Katherine takes full advantage of a pitiful and grovelling Cliff and buys back his share of Wentworth Tool and Die for far less than it's worth. Just deserts for someone who had been a thorn in her side from the start.

2. Steven and Fallon

hhtht.jpg

They clearly adored each other seemed to bring out the best in one another. In the absence of their mother, and with a father that was busy building an empire, they were confidants and found solace in each other. And it's really the chemistry between Corley and PSM that makes it, as the dynamic changed when Jack Coleman came in. Especially as Fallon was hardly even acting like herself either by that point.

3. Clayton and Jessica

4976bc600f6bddfcfd9d88fafd4e1401.png

One of soaps most twisted brother and sister relationships, where sisterly love crossed the line into deadly obsession. This was one of Dallas more soapy, melodramatic plots with a juicy back story full of dark secrets. The fact that Jessica was the mother of Clayton's son, who was actually his nephew, made for a strange and almost incestuous relationship. This was fatal attraction, the sibling edition.

4. Richard and Emma

Capture.JPG

Emma was quite taken with Richard and his charm and the feeling seemed to be mutual. Although Richard often used her to further his own agenda, you couldn't help but get the feeling that he had genuine affection for her, and often appeared to be highly amused by her eccentric ways. We often got to see a softer side to Richard in her company. And Emma was often quite protective of him even when he didn't deserve it. I liked the scene when she was leaving his office and she told him not to hold it all inside which lead him to trash his office when she left.

5. Val and Joshua

vj.JPG

Theirs was a relationship that started out with promise but before long became tense and combative. Each one with their own types of mental illness to deal with, maybe it never stood a chance. Interestingly season 5 saw Lilimae have a breakdown, in season 6 Val had one, and in season 7 it was Joshua's turn. And there was an interesting period where just as Val was beginning to come out of hers he was beginning to go down a dark path himself. They never really had the chance to be there for each other the way each one needed and their relationship almost felt as if it was doomed from the start.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Angela's Mulled Wine

Angela's Mulled Wine World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,017
    Medals:
    1. Cliff and Pam - DALLAS
    [​IMG]

2. Greg and Claudia - KNOTS LANDING
    [​IMG]

3. Richard and Emma - FALCON CREST
    [​IMG]

4. Steven and Fallon - DYNASTY
    [​IMG]

5. Jason and Constance - The Colbys
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  16. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,317
    Medals:
    1. Cliff & Pam (Dallas)
    2. Joshua & Val (Knots Landing)
    3. Afton & Mitch (Dallas)
    4. Fallon & Steven (Dynasty)
    5. Abby & Sid (Knots Landing)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Angela's Mulled Wine

Angela's Mulled Wine World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,017
    Medals:
    They did have one scene together...
    [​IMG]
    … but Jason was a corpse in it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,297
    Medals:
    Angela usually wanted to do all the talking anyway.:D

1. Jill Bennett and Peter Hollister, Knots Landing. Of course the ill-fated residents of Wesphall, CA knew them as Dorothy and Petey Simpkins, but one might say they fared better than Dot and Pete. Paul Galveston poisoned the town's water and made the Simpkins siblings hell-bent on revenge. Too bad they were not very good at it. Both got distracted from their original plan, and both ended up enduring grisly deaths. But they score high on my list because their relationship (once revealed) helped give two separate plotlines an ingenious link.

2. Abby and Sid, KL. He had a total blind spot for her, while Karen...did not. The fact that Abby's greed played a role in getting her beloved brother killed should have given Abby pause, but instead his death seemed to remove any remaining moral compass she might have had.

3. Greg and Claudia, KL. I never really bought that idea that she was his older sister, but I was glad they ret-conned her into existence in the later years, since he needed someone around to banter with who wasn't constantly sucking up.

4. Emma and Richard, Falcon Crest. If they had been allowed to grow up together, I could see both of them being much better for it. Richard's strength would have rubbed off on her, while her sweetness might have rubbed off on him. He would have been her protector, and she would have been his conscience.

5. Joe Cooper and Karen Fairgate, KL. The actors really seemed to enjoy playing up the relationship, making the sorts of cracks and insults that real siblings would--but also getting into shouting matches that sort of foreshadowed her relationship with Mack.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,094
    Medals:
    1) Cliff and Pam: IMHO the number one brother and sister duo of the Texas show. In the Barnes versus Ewing feud they certainly put them up to J.R., even after the marriage which kicked the show off - DALLAS.

2) Steven (Al Corley) and Fallon (Pamela Sue Martin): Among the grandness of the mansion and the early pendulum dynamics between their father and estranged mother a brother and sister Carrington was in the mix. They seemed quite at home with all the surroundings, until Adam (the long lost son) showed up to put the cat among the pigeons - DYNASTY.

3) Richard and Emma: One was devious the other was dippy, yet they made the best of a constant power struggle in the vineyards. Richard viewed Emma for the way she was, Emma admired Richard as her big brother and Angela when at her meddling best didn't approve of ML's character even speaking with Richard. Well only the grape granny could do the talking, in her eyes - FALCON CREST.

4) Blake and Dominique: You wouldn't have thought this brother/sister combination as workable, given Blake's racist views but TPTB had other ideas. Yep the glamour laden singing diva would prove herself, as the blow in love child of Tom Carrington to her brother. When the situation arose Dominique imputed $$$$$$, into the successful Carrington oil business - DYNASTY.

5) Jason and Connie: Barbara Stanwyck's alter ego was always looking over her brother Jason's shoulder and her arch rival Sable, Jason's attractive and well put on wife. I particularly liked the season 1 episode where Jason tells Constance he is dying. However anything terminal not just in the Californian THE COLBYS show but anywhere in 'soapland' can be quickly made all clear, thanks to those wonderful doctors. A PhD in miracles is a very valuable asset - THE COLBYS.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  20. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +780
    Medals:
    1 - Cliff and Pam
    2 - Richard and Emma
    3 - Sid and Abby