1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

The BlogSpot's top 5.

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,289
    Here are the top five cliffhangers, according to the FALCON CREST blog spot. Strangely the season 2 finale when Julia pulls out a gun from her purse at Vicki's wedding and shoots all around her is not included (with the coffin lowering into the grave). IMHO this season ending was the best from the nine seasons and then the multiple cliffhanger from season 6. Still and all enjoy the edge of the seat stuff from our friends, over at the other FALCON CREST site:

Months have passed since Eric was brainwashed by the 13, to kill Richard. Angela is in a chapel, lighting candles. A hooded man, appears with a beard, (a scene from season 7, 1987 - '88):

Angela approaches him and asks, "Isn't it about time Maggie knew you were still alive?"

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Marvellous nice watching those season endings in one package, even if "Climax" is not there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,534
    I don't agree with the choices of the top 5 but it's a matter of personal opinion. It's good to watch all those cliffhangers back to back though, illustrating just how good a great series Falcon Crest was.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +436
    Enjoyable....however if I were to categorise a top five the count would be -

1 - Julia goes berserk at Vicki's wedding, with a pistol. At least one character is dead but who? (2nd season)
    2 - Peter's letter, the car crash into the SF bay, Chao-Li falls down the stairs and Emma threatens suicide. (6th season)
    3 - The planecrash. (3rd season)
    4 - New owners at FC, Lorraine dies and Richard's mansion explodes. (4th season)
    5 - Chase is shot, he needs emergency surgery and a earthquake hits the valley. (5th season)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +436
    I liked the mystery end to season 7. We never actually got to see the man's face right, just the side with the beard visible. Could the bearded one have resurfaced from the Bay? I wonder did many viewers think it was Chase. I mean Richard took Eric's bullet, fell to the ground and there was the funeral. The curse of the 13, I guess. Of course the spring of 1988 ended in FC with a brand new owner, our very own Melissa. A bit of a short lived plot twist sadly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Just as a critique - the #8 cliffhanger was poor by Falcon Crest standards. Two minor characters in a boat, the boat capsizes and presto drowning again. Then Richard pays the price, for his sinful greed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,494
    Not only by FC's standards, it's one of the lamest cliffhangers i've ever seen on TV. What a letdown compared to the previous one.
    I remember when i first saw it, before the episode i was really excited and when the end credits started rolling, i was like "Whaaaat?! That's it??????". So boring! Even the soundtrack throughout that episode is so uninspired and boring as hell and all those slooooow violin tracks sound like one huge lullaby to put the viewers to sleep. :fp:

Only decent part of that episode was when Samantha Ross came over to FC to offer her help. Sadly that was Ana Alicias last appearance on the show, but still glad she got that one and turned it into the best scene of that season finale. That shows me, how essential Ana was to the show and what a mistake to let her go. :(

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1