1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas Actors Susan Howard - NRA Prayer Breakfast 2017!

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Barbara Fan, May 7, 2017.

1. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,458
    Tessie sent me this link

A capacious crowd gathered early to worship and proclaim their allegiance to God and country on April 30, 2017 at the National Prayer Breakfast during the NRA Annual Meetings in Atlanta. Enjoying a bright spring Sunday morning and the excitement of NRA’s signature weekend, the fellowship in faith was greeted by NRA Director Susan Howard, who said, “This is the Lord’s Day and we will rejoice. You are not here by whim—you are here by God’s plan.”

[​IMG]

The event was again hosted by Fathers in the Field, whose founder, John Smithbaker, shared insights from his group’s ministry with fatherless children and called on NRA men to make a commitment to help, noting, “There are 13 million fatherless boys in our country wondering where the godly men are.”

[​IMG]

Also returning as sponsors this year were Trijicon and Universal Coin and Bullion. From the latter company, Forest Hamilton shared his personal story of child abuse, followed by forgiveness and salvation. As Hamilton clearly knows from an upbringing that was harsh but in the end couldn’t defeat him, God challenges each of us. “There is no testimony without a test,” he explained.

[​IMG]

The keynote speaker was Lt. Col. Allen B. West, a decorated soldier, former U.S. congressman, Fox News commentator, author and presently executive director, National Center for Policy Analysis. Lt. Col. West now works to return our nation to growth, opportunity and the realization of the American dream. Without reservation he is a Christian and a patriot, and it was around those two truths he crafted his message to the large crowd, focusing on the simple yet compelling advice, “Make ready.”

[​IMG]

Speaking powerfully, with the authority of a military officer yet in the tones and cadences of a country preacher, West linked personal salvation with personal liberty, teaching with a seamless blend of scripture, anecdote and American history.

Paraphrasing Ephesians 6, West said, “It is time to make ready … to take up the helmet of freedom. … We are not wimps and wusses—our legacy comes from those brave men at Lexington Green. Ours is the same faith tradition as the signers of the Declaration of Independence. ”

He continued, “We have to make ready, just as our Lord and Savior did—Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will but yours be done.” (Luke 22)

“Make ready, men and women of Christ,” he said. “Our Lord Jesus Christ made ready. The men at Lexington made ready. Now it is time for you to make ready.” There was no uncertainty in Lt. Col. West’s call to action, his message every bit as powerful as his delivery.

[​IMG]

Through the much-anticipated National Prayer Breakfast, the Living Word of God has become a fixture of the NRA Annual Meetings. This year was no exception as the audience, uplifted and inspired by all the speakers and by Christian musician Scotty Wilbanks, filed out on their way to the Exhibit Hall and the day’s events.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray_Krebbs

Ray_Krebbs Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +200
    I like this. Perhaps she could run for prez in 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +9,693
    Susan seems likeable and was certainly a wonderful actress, but she's of that sick rightwing mindset.

I wonder how the NRA, which always shows up to hold a rally in any town right immediately after a mass shooting, would react if someone sprayed one of their satanic masses with hot lead...

Would they recognize or acknowledge the irony? Would they just chalk it up to "liberals not allowing conservatives to speak"?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator EXP: 15 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,986
    Thanks for sharing BF. It's good that Susan's keeping busy and is standing up for what she believes in. :)

5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Hero EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,379
    I feel like Donna Krebbs wouldn't like her.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +725
    My religion is Satanism. My politics is Communism. Therefore, I am about as far away from Susan Howard on these matters as it gets. However, I share her support for the right to bear arms. An oppressed people need arms.

All Gods were created by humans, not the other way round. By worshipping God, they are worshipping the humans who created God. So why not use religious fantasy and dogma to boost your ego and self-esteem to the maximum? This is Lucifer (the mythical figure), enlightening people as to the truth about religion.

Maybe not about the religion. But I think they are pretty close on other matters. It's funny how I end up cheering for J.R. against Bobby and Donna in the Battle for Ewing Oil. Bobby and Donna wanted to end J.R.'s variance, and for people to be deprived of cheap gas in order to hurt J.R.'s profit drive at Ewing Oil. In so doing, they did the impossible of making J.R. the progressive figure! Bobby and Ray's crusade regarding J.R. and Walt Driscoll shipping oil to Cuba was another.

7. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,821
    Does God believe in shooting people?

8. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,693
    Yeah, apparently.

9. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,989
    :clap: :10:

10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Hero EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,379
    Well the one from the Old Testament maybe.

11. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,693
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,693
    I've known people who identified as satanists, but as far as I could determine it was really all about sex. Rejecting judeochristian rhetoric that forbade them to "get it on."

I'm not sure if that's your scene.

13. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +725
    Regarding sex, there is no compulsion to anything. Satanism says indulge in sex if that is your desire and everyone is willing, but don't do it if that is not your desire. Satanism is Epicurean in its pursuit of pleasure, and not hedonistic. The difference is that Epicureanism is a responsible and non-compulsive pursuit of pleasure, while hedonism is a reckless and compulsive pursuit of pleasure.

Satanism is very individualist, in a religious sense. You make yourself at your fantasy peak as your own God, you become the adversary to your enemies, show kindness to those who you think deserve it etc. It's a form of self-discipline and empowerment. It's about using religious fantasy, dogma and mythology to boast your own ego and self-esteem to the maximum. On the other hand, the mainstream Abrahamic religions are more concerned with controlling people's minds, lowering self-esteem and manipulating guilt, while the Buddhist religion in Far East Asia is like trying to get people to forget their material desires as human beings and to meditate themselves into accepting a false "peace".

The Satanist approach to guilt is the following. If you are truly sorry for something you've done, you will admit it to yourself and won't do it again. There is no point in confessing to others if it could only serve a harmful purpose to yourself and your loved ones. If you still feel guilty, then learn to revel in your guilt and take pride in it. This sort of approach is the antithesis of the Christian approach, which wants us consumed with guilt if we do something wrong and to eat ourselves up in despair. Sod that. The authorities (including churches) are the worst at doing the most evil things.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  14. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,693
    "Epicurean". I learned a word.

15. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +725
    Named after Epicurus, the Ancient Greek philosopher.

16. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,821
    So... you acknowledge God but you choose to worship Satan? Is that not siding with evil?

I read about this -

http://www.churchofsatan.com/

But I don't understand. To me Satan is The Devil. Bad things. But this website contradicts that.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Susan Howard but anyway.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Snarky's Ghost

Threads:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +9,693
    I think he was saying he feels both are human constructs.

NRA = evil.

I can see the connection.

18. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    To me, the NRA and a prayer breakfast is too odd of a combination.