Soap family members who have never been onscreen together at the same time

Discussion in 'UK Soaps Forum' started by ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989, Nov 21, 2018.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    Simon and David Wicks are the biggest culprits for this, they missed each other by three years, yet this is one relationship that fascinates me, since I’m not sure how their relationship is to one another, ironically they both cheated with the same woman; Cindy.

Grant, Ronnie and Roxy never shared a scene together to my knowledge, I think Grant and Ronnie had a lot in common.

Anyone else springs to mind?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,638
    Surely there have to be some Dingles who fit into this. I haven't seen Emmerdale in a while, but every time I do pop into the village, there's always a new Dingle in town.

3. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    Tina Dingle and every Dingle introduced post 1996!!

Also Bernice Blackstock and Sharon Lambert both cousins yet have by passed each other by several years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,602
    Not quite the same thing, but I find it fascinating that the first time Enders siblings Carol Jackson and Max Branning met on screen was in the episode following the death of Max’s son Bradley in the 25th anniversary live episode - Carol’s original run having ended some nine years before Max first rocked up in the Square. What makes it most interesting is that their first scene, where Carol is trying to console a grieving Max, would have been filmed some six weeks BEFORE the live ep and because the events of that ep were kept top secret, neither would have known precisely how Bradley died. So you’ve got two actors who don’t know each other pretending to be family mourning a death they know nothing about!

• Like Like x 3
  5. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    And didn’t they retcon the Branning family line? I swear in the 90s Carol was the youngest of the siblings, yet in the 00s Max says Carol practically raised him??.

I’m most facsinated with the Wicks brothers
    Because they could well have been rivals to the Mitchell’s in the 90s especially since David actually held a rivalry with them both and I don’t recall Simon having much to do with the Mitchell brothers before he left.

I think the most random meeting of distant relatives has to be between Pauline and Ben Mitchell, his mums ex sister in law and his half-brothers auntie, it’s easy to forget that Ben is related to the large Beale’s and the Fowler’s

6. James from London

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,602
    Carol was always the second oldest Branning after Derek, then came Suzy and April.

I’m pretty sure Wicksy had left the Square before the Mitchells arrived.

Everyone’s related to everyone else in Enders. For example Big Mo is Masood’s daughter’s ex-husband’s son’s mother’s uncle’s mother in law AND his granddaughter’s father’s stepfather’s uncle’s ex-wife’s sister-in-law.

7. Ome for Christmas

Ome for Christmas Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,638

Floor.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,613
    Wicksy left in January 1991 with Cindy and Steven (May have even been Xmas 1990) but he and the Mitchell’s were definitely on EE at the same time.

I read and re-read and re-re-read several times and I think I need to go to the hospital....... :-D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Lots of McQueens on Hollyoaks. When they leave/get imprisoned or more likely get killed off (since they are far more likely to be a homicide victim than die of natural causes), there are siblings and cousins (first cousins, first cousins once removed, first cousins twice removed, second cousins, second cousins once removed, third cousins) and their direct descendants coming in to stay in the house and perhaps have sex with each other and each other’s partners. Or with their partner’s parent. Or sleep with Warren Fox, who beat Bart McQueen to death and later found out he had murdered the wrong person. And Cameron Campbell bumped off his wife’s parents before their last grandchild was born. Cameron murdered his brother, Lockie, before their first cousin Courtney arrived and before evil Grannie Campbell arrived.

Serial killer Nico Blake murdered her grandfather (father of both of her parents) before her half-siblings and her own daughter were born. And her half-uncle had previously drowned his mother in the bath. Nico was killed by her mother without meeting her half-sister, who had been kidnapped by multiple murderer Warren Fox. And Warren’s sister Katy died from a drugs overdose from her nephew before Warren’s two youngest babies were born, both of whom he has kidnapped. And some Savage and Blake family members are yet to meet each other.

Grace Black also made her first appearance after her sister, Clare Devine, died. Grace’s three half-brothers weren’t around when Clare was.

Evil Mac Nightingale had sex with his son Nathan’s fiancée, which caused Nathan to fall out of a window and die before Nathan’s nephew Romeo (half-sister named Juliet) debuted.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  10. James from London

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,602
    Two once married couples on Enders never appeared on screen at the same time: Ted Hills (Kathy's brother) left for South Africa before his ex Irene showed up, and Glenda Mitchell only arrived after her ex, Archie, had been murdered.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Probably not so great since David slept with Simon's wife prior to his return to Walford for Pat's deathbed scene in 2012.

I've always found these two recollections fascinating:

Sharon Watts: Pete always paid up his maintenance, didn't he?
    Simon Wicks: Oh yeah. Kept her [Pat] in fags and booze.

David Wicks on Pete: We never got a light off him. He never even give [Pat] child support money.

11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    I sometimes find it odd on Hollyoaks when Grace Black mentions her interaction with her late sister Clare (Gemma Bissix) because it was Clare’s murder that brought Grace in. They never appeared on screen together, although they both slept with Warren Fox. And both tried to kill him. Although their father, Fraser Black (Jesse Birdsall), first appeared shortly before she was murdered. He himself had pushed her downstairs and made her lose her baby. Fraser was murdered years before his ex-wife (Lisa Maxwell) first turned up. Although he got to work with his other ex-wife (Gillian Taylforth), before one of her sons shot him dead.

12. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Warren Fox’s eldest son, Joel (Andrew Still/Rory Douglas-Speed), a seminarian, is supposed to have given his aunt Katy (Hannah Tointon) the drugs overdose that killed her. Although Joel never appeared onscreen with Katy, having debuted years after she left. They used some old footage to make it momentarily seem that they were together.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  13. James from London

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,602
    Half-brothers Charlie and Ashley Cotton never met either.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Loveable multiple murderer Warren Fox’s foster brother, Spencer Gray, who Warren loved as a brother but sometimes hit was written out a couple of months before Warren was resurrected after a year and a half of being impaled, burned, crushed and buried. It was mentioned that Spencer was told that Warren is no longer dead. Spencer hasn’t been seen since, so apparently hasn’t met any of Warren’s three children. Warren is currently on the run after murdering Bart McQueen and burying his body underneath murder victim Amy Barnes (bumped off a fortnight earlier), while her funeral was taking place. Amy was murdered by her husband Duncan James from Blue, after he butt-dialled her on their wedding day and she heard him having sex with Adam Rickitt’s character and threatened to expose him. Meanwhile Warren kidnapped his ex, tried to steal their babies away and tried to murder his own eldest son. After going on the run (to the sound of Fox On The Run) when kidnapping his newborn baby daughter from the hospital last November, Warren was last seen in May, kidnapping his baby son from the hospital, after his ex faked her own death in order to catch her serial killer daughter (who she later killed the day after her daughter gave birth to her granddaughter) after her funeral. Fortunately Warren’s list of crimes mean he can return as a full-time regular at any time.