1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Superman Smallville

Discussion in 'Comics Central' started by Omg, May 9, 2017.

1. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    Super hero stuff isn't usually my kind of thing. I loved them back when I was a kid, but I think with the countless re-telling of Spider man, Superman and Batman I got overloaded.

I had both Smallville & Gotham recommended to me many times but wouldn't go near them and one day, earlier this year I was intrigued by some of the characters in Gotham, so I went in and binge-watched all episodes until I caught up. This was a really exciting show for me and I was totally surprised by how much I loved it. After I caught up, there was a gap and I considered Arrow & The Flash, but before going there I thought I would try Smallville.

I'm half-way through season three and having such a blast with the show.

There have been times when I've felt frustrated by the neediness from both Chloe & Lana towards Clark, but that's blown over and I'm enjoying the three characters interact with each other.

Lex & Clark's friendship intrigues me the most, mainly because of how I've grown up with the knowledge they are arch enemies. I'm sure that will happen as I continue with the show, but for now it's great seeing them this way.

There's been a few episodes where I've felt a little bored and I have to accept that with a show that throws out 20 odd episodes a season there will always be side stories that don't work with me. Thankfully, I'm pretty invested in the characters to carry that through.

Welling is a great choice for the role of Clark and I see some resemblance to Christoper Reeve, who by he way completely filled me with emotions when he made an appearance in the show.

I also love Annette O'Toole as Martha Kent.

Anyone out there that's seen the show and has fond memories ?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    When Christopher Reeve appeared, they teased us with the theme tune to Superman and now they've just done it again. This time there's a kid in school (Jordan Cross) who somehow sees snippets of the future to anyone he comes in contact with. Clark just touched Jordan's shoulder and Jordan got a vision of someone flying in a red cape.......:dance:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    I've seen the first seven seasons. I enjoyed it, but I haven't watched it in years.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822

Season four is looking very different.

Pete has now left Smallville
    Chloe and her father were blown up in the house, though she is still in the main credits, I'm expecting a twist.
    Kal El doesn't know who Clark Kent is
    Lex looks like he's dying
    Lionel is in prison - though if Chloe is dead, he could get out
    Not sure what's happened to Jonathan, he's been in a coma for three months
    Lois Lane has arrived !!!!

• Like Like x 4
  5. superman fan

superman fan Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +617
    I loved smallville never missed a week but sadly I to have not seen it for a long time

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    That's when the show really took off for me, but then I am a huge Lois Lane fan.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    There's an episode where Lana is overtaken by a witch and she brings two more back who take over Lois & Chloe's body. I was thinking how lucky Welling was to have all these scenes where three beautiful women are climbing all over him.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    Alicia is back and she's doped Clark in red Kryptonite, then took him to Vegas to get married.

Jonathan isn't speaking with Clark (he's that annoyed) and Martha is giving him hell for doing what he did, banging on at him that this isn't how they brought him up.

:confuse:

Why can't they see what red Kryptonite does to Clark?

• Like Like x 4
  9. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    Smallville has a new hero

Clarkie is going to call him Krypto

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. superman fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +617
    Ahhh I always thought tom welling was hot! Even hotter with red kryptonite lololo:giggle:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    I remember that episode. I'm sure I thought how lucky those three women were to get to climb all over Welling.

Oh him. I forgot about him. Does he feature in more than one episode?

Has Green Arrow turned up yet? I can't remember what season he does. At some point you get Green Arrow, Aquaman and a version of Flash in various episodes.

I was thinking about Gotham and how it fits in with the other DC shows. I don't know how many years apart Batman and Superman are supposed to be in age, but I was thinking Gotham must take place five or so years before Smallville's first episode. And then Arrow and Flash must take place another 5 or so years after Smallville's last episode.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    LOL :D
    He's been in a few more and they now call him Shelby.
    Not yet, am I right in thinking this is the guy who played Kevin in THIS IS US ?

There was an episode called 'Run' where Clark met another teen with speed. He was played by Kyle Gallner (who I recognise from VERONICA MARS & THE SHIELD) and his name is Bart Allen. I think he returns with the nickname 'Impulse' - Could that be Flash ?

Does the movie Batman Vs Superman fit into the timeline? I can't remember if you mentioned something about the movies not in the same universe as the TV shows

This all fits well with my plans to do those two after Smallville.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    Maybe we should have a DC Comics sub-forum :D @Mel O’Drama could do his Wonder Woman stuff too...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    Season four ended with an amazing OMG moment as another meteor shower falls over Smallville

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    I'm curious why Jensen Ackles got main cast for one season and Lois was just a special guest. She's main cast now, but why didn't they have her there straight away? Was she not always planned to stay?

The opening episode has been epic with someone connect to Zod landing on earth to look for Clark.

I don't know how they manage to stay at Kent Farm, it gets so much damage, eh cost of repairs must be through the roof.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,090
    Medals:
    Smallville is on my radar to watch. I recall viewing the Pilot when it first aired but just had too much going on at that time to commit to another show so never saw beyond that.

Enjoy your viewing, Ome, and let me know at the end if you recommend getting the box set. :)

Sounds fun. :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,090
    Medals:
    I recently watched an interview with her in the Chris Reeve Superman set. Apparently the Smallville producers hadn't realised she'd previously played Lana Lang until she mentioned it to them. :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Omg

Omg Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,822
    I read that she was in it after reading up on a few other actors that crossed over into Smallville. It really makes it even more special.

Coming from someone who didn't care for superhero stuff, I'm having such a blast with Smallville. It's also introducing to me to many characters that feature in the DC Comic Universe.

Honestly, if anyway would have asked me to watch this or Gotham six months back, I would politely declined, while secretly laughing my head off.

• Like Like x 3
  19. superman fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +617
    Did ya'll know Dallas TNT's very own Christopher Ewing was on smallville as on of the freaks of the week yep Jesse Metcalf lolol Clarke kicked his ass:laughs:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    Yes, that's him--Justin Hartley. I like the current Arrow better, but Justin does an adequate job.

Yes, that's Smallville's version of The Flash. The Flash in the current series is named Barry Allen.

With DC, the movies are considered a separate entity from the TV shows--unlike Marvel where everything is supposedly connected.

That was probably my favorite finale of the show--though I haven't seen the finales for seasons 7-10.

I don't know the answer to that. I vaguely recall that Lois wasn't initially planned to be a regular but I'm not entirely sure I'm remembering that correctly.

• Like Like x 2