Sheridan Exits As Alexis In New Dynasty

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by garry, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,563
    I don't think Shapiro cares about some alleged feud or about the peach Dynasty or about anything. I don't blame her now, at her old age. I begrudge her not caring back in the 80s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,563
    The peach Dynasty wishes it would be like Sammy Jo--or that it could produce even a clip as entertaining as that. Dynasty took a stock situation (which I described) and turned it into gold. But WC Dynasty turns anything it touches into coal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,123
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    upload_2019-2-28_21-45-43.jpeg

Oh yeah, moi and Da Pig know that type...​

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,176
    Medals:
    Given the way Alexis breezed into their lives after being away so long, it would be totally in-character for her to...well, breeze back out. If she indeed comes into money via a dead rich guy, that would be an ideal time for her to ditch the Carringtons and go back to her jet-setting, carefree lifestyle. If they can casually write out Steven so easily--despite having a lot more reasons to stay in town*--then doing the same with Alexis seems simple. At some point they could write her back in because she's broke again, or maybe she's on the run from some bad people she crossed. Maybe while she was away she married the King of Moldavia and had to flee in disgrace when the Moldavians accused her of acting like Marie Antoinette. It's just hard to believe (with the limited amount of behind-the-scenes knowledge I have) that a recast would be necessary. I can't imagine responsible producers/show-runners being so chill about losing a third lead actor (and arguably their biggest "name" actor) in such a short time.

* I still assume this peek-a-boo act with Steven will morph into an homage to his plastic surgery recast, but we'll have to wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Medals:
    There is no point to this show. This show makes the original seem cerebral.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +274
    @Daniel Avery i do agree with you that logically it would be easy to write her out until Nicollette could return, but that’s understanding that their story is correct. The fact that they’d immediately talk of recast tells me there’s more to the story. To be clear, even though she’s one of my favorite actresses I’d still accept a recast. The problem is that we’re in season two and already have had so many cast changes, new characters and Cristal was just recast. It’s too much too soon.

Still, I’m curious to see how things work out. I would imagine most of the season is filmed so I’m curious if her final filmed episode gives any sort of out. Also I wonder how much they’ll have to change as a result of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Medals:
    Of course there is more to the story! She was prob a monster backstage.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Christine

Christine Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I don't see Cristal as a recast as she is a different person. Original Cristal actually did die and they brought in a new character whose name is also Cristal. It was quite clever to use the fact that Celia Merchado "stole" someone's identify. I can easily live with that. I liked Celia but I also like Cristal. The only down point is that we have lost the connection to Sammy Jo being Celia's nephew.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,563
    Yeah, to give devil its due, the consensus here and on various websites was that Steven and Celia were not working out. Certainly it wasn't the actors' fault, but the damage had been done, so their ousting was more a necessary course correction. I do think the new Cristal is an improvement. But as you said, Sam is now a floater that has no reason to be there, especially without Steven.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Logan Rhinewood

Logan Rhinewood Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hello Everyone. I don’t regularly post here but I follow this forum and read quite often. I’m a huge fan of original Dynasty and was thrilled when the news came out that it was getting a reboot. I immediately thought - who will play Alexis? Since it was stated as a reboot and not a continuation, I assumed Collins wouldn’t be back. Bummer. Initial info stated the story would center on Fallon v Cristal. Hmm, I thought. That doesn’t leave much room for Alexis. The original had Pamela Sue Martin bursting off the small screen, only to be diminished and washed down with the intro and development of Alexis, which lead to PSM departing - everyone knows this. So I thought immediately, wait; It sounds like Fallon is going to be Front and center like PSM was and could have been had Collins or the character not been introduced.

Has all this already been stated? I stopped watching this show in the beginning of the second season when Nicolette started to look like Peg Bundy: clothes too tight, protruding butt, cartoonish. And that was in her first few episodes. Who says “traffic was bitch” aloud at a funeral?

I think Alexis was doomed before she started. Why did we need her when we had Fallon?

I feel like Alexis is a clown and it made me really sad in the few instances I’ve tuned in. I hope they let Alexis go and leave her wherever she goes off to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Medals:
    Agree 1000 percent. Also, NS simply isn't a good actress.

12. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,825
    Medals:
    Never even in the deepest darkest depths of my imagination could I have envisioned a new DYNASTY to be 100 times more shitty than the original. But... Here we are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Medals:
    It is absolutley dreadful. However, there must be some reason why the network keeps renewing it. Maybe with NS gone they can relook at the show and try to get it back ontrack (not that it ever was to begin with). NS to television is like Janice Dickinson is to modeling - huge has-beens that never really were......

14. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,314
    Upon my first viewing of Cristal/Celia I didn't take to her at all and it was only towards the end of season 1 when the writers relaxed the character that I really began to enjoy her, much like Steven and the actors playing these characters. But I'm dumbfounded why the producers reacted so harshly to the actors rather than the cause...the scripts and direction. And yet many on this forum have a major dislike for the Colby family; Jeff comes in for particular attention. I would rather not have them there at all but this season when Monica has been given some decent dialogue and direction the actress is great...in fact she shines.

So why is it some actors/characters have been given the boot (or recast) and others are still given air time? It's baffling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +604
    The producers should make Monica Colby a regular after Alexis departs and Dominique enters. Wakeema Hollis is a revelation when she is given proper dialogue and they would have to develop her character and give her more layers and some kind of depth - I know, I know, wrong show, wrong writers.

As for Nicollette and her abrupt exit - she did the right thing, spending time with her terminally ill mother is a priority and I appreciate her decision. But recasting Alexis is simply a terrible idea. What kind of production is this? These people have no idea how to run their own show, there is no continuity, it is all just a huge pile of feces. Key cast members are departing (or being fired) left and right, there is no real story to tell, the characters lack motivation and purpose. But we have talked about this for months now, things are only getting worse and worse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +135
    I say end it after season 3. But then there's the stupid Netflix deal. I only watched the last episode before Christmas and that was it. I haven't watched at all since the beginning of season 2. From what I read Steven is gone? Or did he come back and then leave again? Alexis is leaving. Not that I don't like her because I don't. She's too predictable. The new Cristal nobody seems to like and they want the original one back again or they also want Michael to be let go.

Plus the ratings are cancellation material since the very beginning. And yet they got a season 3 and more than likely a 4...

I haven't been watching so I don't know what's going on except that Alexis shot Cristal on the horse and that she was pregnant with Mark Jennings' baby if I remember correctly from a clip I watched.

I agree about Monica being on the cast and having more to do.

17. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Medals:
    Pretty brutal ending for NS's Alexis!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,176
    Medals:
    I thought it was strange that they hired a stand-in for Underwood in that scene, but not for Sheridan. In the credits, there's a listing for someone named...Marc Cherry? :laugh1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,123
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    [​IMG]

20. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +86
    No, Sheridan had a stunt double named Dena Sodano . No one can blame her to have one in the last scene - that was on a Game of Thrones level!

• Agree Agree x 1