Discussion in 'The Walking Dead' started by Ome, Oct 8, 2017.
I'm really excited. Haven't watched any trailers though -- want to be completely surprised.
Who would have thought, 8 years ago, I'd still be looking forward to the show?
I can’t wait ❤️
I didn't really understand what was going on half the time in the first episode!
I was the same.
For months I've been waiting for it to return and continue the battle against Negan, but I just couldn't get motivated by it all. It kinda lost most of its momentum that was building up towards the end of season 7. Between all the shooting and the flashforwards, I sat there questioning what was actually happening.
The best part came from Gabriel turning around to save Gregory and then getting left behind.
I'm also kinda bored with Rick's 'we will win this' speech.
You have to remember that 2yrs have past.Producer Gimple has said that the first 4 episodes are going to be very intense.I think they are setting up for someones death.
Now, I'm more confused. What years have past?
Are you saying the long-bearded Rick scenes are where we're currently at?
19 days have past since Maggie found out she is pregnant. That's what I read and hence she isn't showing.
Now you got me confused.I have read and thought I heard on the walking dead that the war ark skips forward 2yrs?
Gosh, this is more complicated than LOST!
Yes in the comics there is a time jump and maybe that will happen in the series after the war but I was wondering why Maggie didn't look pregnant so the last season only covered 19 days in real time.
I liked the first episode but the Rick storyline had me confused.
The fighting began but how could Rick’s group shoot at Negan, Dwight, Simon, Eugene, and 2 others, and not hit one of them?
I felt bad for Gabriel he goes out of his way to save Gregory, and the jerk takes off, to safe himself.
I liked seeing Carol, and Daryl working together. I hope she returns back to Alexandra, and doesn’t stay part of the Kingdom group.
The second episode was good too. I kind of think King Ezekiel is too confident. I like Carol back to herself, and back to fighting again, but I hope she doesn’t get too confident listening to Ezekiel.
Morgan has gone from being a Saint not wanting to kill into a killing machine. He said he can not die that might be the wrong thing to say.
What’s up with Jesus he has become the new Morgan. Tara has really changed but you can’t blame her she been through a lot.
I wish Morgan had killed Jared the guy that basically got Benjamin killed last year. I have a feeling Jesus is going to get people killed.
We get to see Moreles back but he is with Negan.
Can’t wait to see what is next.
I found this to be pretty funny and correct....
1. Is this whole season going to be a punishment for fans who wanted less talking?
Exec: 'They want more action? Well, that's all they're going to have, then. That'll teach them!'
So much gunfire, so little forward motion.
2. How did that Saviour arrive at the decision that going to the toilet in his trousers (sorry, 'pants') would help sell him as someone worth saving?
3. Like, what was the decision-making process there?
4. Did he plan ahead, and spend most of the day drinking water?
5. Why are the Saviours obsessed with going to the toilet in their pants? That's two references in two episodes by two different people.
6. When the Pee Saviour (one of the lesser known Avengers) inevitably took Jesus prisoner, did Jesus forget he's a TOTAL BADASS NINJA?
7. Because you remember that time Jesus was in a similar situation with Rick, and instantly got out of it by shrugging him off and kicking his ass? Jesus has clearly forgotten that time.
8. Who was that lady talking to when she said: "They didn't have to advance on us!" Because if it wasn't the television audience, then she has an imaginary friend.
9. Also, while we're on that lady, why didn't she even try to get away from that slow-moving zombie before it bit her neck off? She had fully ages to get away, and just sat there. Was she tired?
10. When Ezekiel said: "Fake it till you make it, baby" is that something that was said in the writers' room to the other writers, and they decided to write it into the show?
11. When Morgan said: "I don't die" has he read the scripts in advance, or are the writers setting up an ironic death for the character? This is not something a human would actually say. It's something a vampire might say, but not a human.
12. What saved Morgan from being shot at point-blank range first, his armour-armour (which looks like BMX gear), or his plot-armour?
13. When did Morgan turn into John Wick?
14. Seriously, who trained him to be an expert marksman as well as aikido master?
15. Is Jesus deaf? How did he not hear Morgan shooting in the corridor that led to the hostages?
16. Who does Jesus think he is basically telling Morgan: "All life is precious?" Morgan knows that, dude. He's thought about it quite a lot. He goes on about it all the time, until he changes his mind, and now we have no more idea who Morgan is than Lennie James presumably does.
17. Is that baby a very heavy sleeper? Because how did it not wake up with all that fighting going on? Could it possibly be because a crying baby would spoil the BIG REVEAL?
18. Is Rick going to pretend that baby is his like he did with Judith? Are we going to find out this is a stealth show about being a single parent?
19. Is the next episode going to be titled '20 Hostages And A Baby?'
20. Why did Rick say: "Your name's Morales. You were in Atlanta" if not to telegraph it to viewers who don't remember this utterly insignificant character? And why didn't Morales reply: "Yeah, I know that"?
21. Do the writers think they've made us think Rick is going to die? Because we do not think Rick is going to die.
22. What was that montage of close-ups of faces supposed to signify at the end? Are we really supposed to care about Daryl's situation in this episode enough to want to tune in next week to see it resolved? Wait, are they trying to turn this show into 24?
23. They're totally trying to turn this show into 24.
By the way.I have a question?Is Jesus gay?Answer at you're own risk!
They have never mentioned this on the show but on the after show the actor was joking the chacater had the hots for the character he refused to kill.
I guess his sexuality has never been an important plot point
In fact, Jesus is gay and it was mentioned in the series. In Episode 7x14 Jesus tells Maggie that he always found it hard getting close to anyone, even to boyfriends. They just didn't made a big thing out of the outing and I liked it.
I'm struggling with this timeline.
So Glenn has only been dead a few weeks?
I don't know why I'm struggling with this because on LOST it just felt natural that we didn't move as fast as the years we were watching it.
3 episodes of the new season and I don't have much to say other than it's been full of action with little character moments.
It feels like they are dragging the feet with so many saviours coming out of the woodwork when in reality I want to see more of Negan, Simon & Dwight. Just where are these guys at right now?
By episode 8 they will surely be back.
Separate names with a comma.