Save Your Internet - EU is at it again

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by tommie, Jun 12, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    https://saveyourinternet.eu/

EU really sucks.

2. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    This has now gotten through the first goal post.

Soon EU will choose to limit your internet. x

3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    This is small potatoes compared with what the UK Conservative Government are doing.

As Home Secretary, Theresa May introduced the Investigatory Powers Act, described as the "most extreme surveillance law ever passed in a democracy". This act compels internet companies to keep a file on their users' activities, and introduces bulk warrants. She is also personally responsible for the Draft Communications Data Bill, which would extend the bulk collection of internet data.

The EU court ruled against the Tory government attempt to control the interment preventing it from implementing plans for the 'indiscriminate' collection of internet data.

It's the EU that is saving the internet from this Conservative government that want to over-regulate, censor and control the internet.

Theresa May Plans To Regulate, Tax And Censor The Internet

No, Theresa May and her wretched Tory Government really sucks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Right - you've exited EU and are now controlling your own laws.

However, will Brussels make the decision for you or will you take action citizen?

5. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    We've not left the EU yet but Theresa May and the Conservative government are trying to get more controls, regulations and censorship of the internet. When we leave the EU, Britons will not be able to challenge our government's attempt to restrict our freedoms in the European Court so things will only get worse.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    So, the Nanny State will get worse you think? #DestroyEU

7. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    Yes, if Theresa May and her Conservative Party are allowed to continuing destroying our country.

8. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,685
    It baffles me how EU critics focuses on small issues that may or may not happen instead of looking at the whole picture and all the reasons why we have the EU to begin with.

Besides, "we" don't decide anything. We normal people only decide which party will make decisions for us. And at this point, I'm thrilled that we have the EU to keep us on track, cause xenophobic parties are winning ground all over the world these days. I hope the EU can help break this trend by forcing us to certain actions that are in the best interest for the continent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    If EU would stick to issues like say, trade between countries that would be great.

However, EU can't stop their meddling fingers can they? "Small issues" are great issues in bulk. Europe isn't the US and will never be - we are individual countries with very different politics and cultures. But EU is destroying itself and now I'm just sitting back and watching it burn.

10. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,685
    I'm curious, what specific decisions have the EU made that has made your life worse? What exact decisions has the EU made that has made Sweden a worse country to live in? I'm just curious, cause I can't think of a single one. That's why the hatred for EU baffles me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,373
    How is a copyright issue not an issue of trade between countries?

• Like Like x 1
  12. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Hm, so I have to put down on paper then? Such a teacher!

I despise the EU. But those who love NAZIS might like them!

13. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    It was a perfectly reasonable question as you were the one who started the trashing of the EU.

I too would be interested to see your answer to the question of what specific decisions the EU has made that has made your life worse.

• Like Like x 2
  14. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Right. Like how farmers have to abide to the EU rules? Or how this latest shannigans are a distraction on how EU loves to limit the internet?

15. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,609
    I don't think I could find a single one. Of course, even if there were any such decisions -- any government in any country could pass laws one wouldn't be thrilled about and one doesn't instantly call for dissolution of the said country.

On the contrary, the EU has only improved my life and the lives of the people close to me.

A good friend of mine, who happens to be gay, was able to file a lawsuit against his former employer for terminating his employment after learning about his sexuality. If Slovakia hadn't been forced to adopt the EU's anti-discrimination laws prior to joining in 2004, I don't think he would've been able to do that. It could've been an interesting trial, I'm sure it would've gotten publicity, as the employer in question was a US-based private school (I guess they thought he could've infected kids with his gayness), but they were advised by their legal representation to settle. Also, the principal was abruptly canned.

Then there are those abundant EU grants whose purpose is to help people and small businesses to make a go of their business plans. A client of mine was one of the recipients, which helped him scale his business, which in turn helped me and my business. Unfortunately, there is also corruption regarding the allocation of those funds (they'll often go to the people connected to the government), nevertheless nobody here could argue their lives were worse off because of the billions of EUR pouring into the country. And since only 20% have been allocated thus far, there's more to look forward to in the future.

I think I have repeatedly spoken about how much I love the free borders and single currency. I can literally walk into Austria (which I often do when I go hiking on the weekends) and go shopping in one of their villages close to the now-invisible border. No more annoying border checks, passports, currency exchange. Ever since we adopted the EUR in 2009 (unlike some other post-communist countries like Czechia or Hungary), we've had convenience and stability.

In some cases I'd actually welcome even more EU-based restrictions, for instance the food industry here have been getting away with murder due to lax legislation, stuffing processed food with harmful additives to greater extent than in other countries like Germany. Foreign companies like Nestle, Kraft or Danone often sell the same product with very different ingredients on this market, fully utilizing the laws here to cut costs and harm consumers' health.

As for the ridiculous Nazi reference... One of the principal enemies of the EU -- the one who not only wants to see it dismantled or weakened (along with the NATO), but is actively working to accomplish so, and I of course mean that filthy unhinged homicidal Russian maniac that responds to the name Vladimir Putin -- has more in common with the regime that murdered millions of Jews and other victims.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    Which farming rules in particular? The EU farming regulations on the whole protect consumers and are a good thing.

For example, the EU mandates that farmers adopt a "farm to fork" principle when raising chickens. This requires farmers to ensure hygiene across all stages of the production chain rather than just disinfecting chickens at the end of the process. This means EU chicken is safer to eat and contains fewer additives.

I doubt whether there are many people in the EU that would prefer to eat chicken reared in unhygienic conditions and then washed in chlorine before it is sold to them to eat. It's thanks to EU farming regulations that we do not have to eat chlorinated chicken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    :gp:

This is such an excellent post. It eloquently explains the truth and some of the real advantages of EU membership rather than the bogus anti-EU distortions, half-truths and lies that we are often feed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Concentration camps didn't negatively affect my life, so they must be great xoxo

19. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,670
    Wow, what a tasteless comment.

I note that you still can't name of one single EU decision that has made you life worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Of course it's tasteless - just look at all the people describing ICE (despite it being standard for years).

Double standards. I bet you haven't begun to check yourself.