nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E20: New Lady In Town

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Avery Merry Christmas, May 10, 2019.

?

which one is the best smash hit?

Poll closed May 22, 2019.
  1. Message To My Girl by SPLIT ENZ

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Down Under by MEN AT WORK

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,299
    Medals:
    Description: "Fallon and Liam team up to exact revenge against Adam, who's been sabotaging Fallon's business and personal endeavors; Jeff's recovery from a mysterious illness is complicated by the arrival of his mother."

Apparently this is only the second time NuDynasty has recycled an actual episode title from the original series (the other being "Enter Alexis").

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,328
    Medals:
  3. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,299
    Medals:
    Fallon has a new "project" to latch onto, but Liam wants her to go away with him. He suggests Fallon 'take the high road' but of course that never suits her. Blake just writes off her accusations as "bickering siblings". Liam once again asks Fallon to go away and forget this whole vendetta....until....
    Fallon: "Adam slept with your mother."
    Liam: "Let's bury the bastard."

Jeff comes home from the hospital (a home that resembles something from Woody Allen's Sleeper) though he's not really "recovered" (they've set up a 'hospital room' in his house). Monica and Cesil bring him home and guess who's draped over the couch? Monica is...less than pleased. It looks like Dominique packed a lot of luggage for this 'surprise visit' after 13 years of abandonment, but that's small potatoes compared to the emotional baggage the Colby kids want to unpack.
    Monica: "Did you pack your Mother of the Year Trophies? I can shine them with my ass." :10:

Liam and Fallon see Adam freak.the.hell.out when Liam mentions Alexis....so Fallon comes up with the best worst idea ever. Y'see, Fallon is apparently the only one in the family who knows Alexis has left the country, so....
    You've seen Liz Gillies as Fallon. You've seen her as Alexis. But how about Liz Gillies as Fallon...impersonating Alexis?

Michael tries to get Cristal to implicate her and/or Blake in bribing that State Senator because the Feds don't think Michael's evidence is strong enough.

This episode's party is for the opening day of the Atlantix team. Fallon and Liam attempt to slip Adam a mickey in order to make him make a fool of himself at the party. Once again, Blake isn't willing to hear what she's telling him, and lord knows she's being a pest about it.

Sam and Anders are on the plane to the Maldives. Sam tries to get Anders to 'dis-engage' but it's not really happening. Besides, Fallon and Liam's Dirty Tricks Squad is pretty lame without Sam as their leader.

Dominique claims she did not come back sooner because she "didn't make it," and was embarrassed. All the tales of her singing success are just that--tales.
    Jeff gives her a million dollars; Monica's head nearly explodes. Why'd he do that? To see if she will take the money and run, or if she really wants to reunite with her kids.
    Dom points out how great it is to see Jeff and Monica are such a solid team...and decides to stay. Cesil seems much more mellow than when we last saw him.

Who says slap-fights are just for kindergartners? (Okay, well, just about everybody) Fallon is getting better at needling her brother (finally!).

Speaking of kids....Dominique's been making more than music while she was away. Yay, more Carringtons.

The FBI arrives at the party to arrest Blake, since the State Senator was wearing a wire. Fallon is in shock: "Oh, God, it's my Confirmation party all over again."

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +147
    If Liam doesn't disown his own mother after having found out about her screwing his ex-wife's brother-in-law, then I'm going to lose whatever respect I may have had for him, which wasn't much to begin with. He is a truly pathetic, weak shell of a man.

And what the hell was up with that slap fight with Fallon? She's supposed to be a strong, empowered woman, and this is the kind of juvenile, idiotic crap that they're having her participate in? Oh my God... they have truly destroyed Fallon as a character at this point. Each week she just keeps getting worse and worse and worse and worse. And to think she used to be my all time favorite character last season. Not anymore...

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  5. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,362
    Medals:
    The show is just so silly.

And all I want to see is Fallon and Sam Joe.

6. Mason Carrington

Mason Carrington Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Sooooo, Dominique is essentially Alexis with dark skin? Same wardrobe, same sob story, same lack of money, same tricks. Come on! :fp:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,327
    Medals:
    The entire episode was silly, but I guess I'm grateful for the little things - such as Anders and Sammy Jo not actually making it to the "Maldives" and us having to suffer through them trying to recreate the "Maldives" in someone's backyard. Really, one could just skip the entire episode until the final two scenes - Dominique revealing that she has another family (Bliss incoming?) and Blake being arrested.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +826
    This episode was better than the last, or I enjoyed it more, I guess that's it. In this case I didn't mind Fallon's meddling, I found Michael sort of interesting and while I'm not the biggest fan of the Colbys, I was entertained by the visuals of their scenes, as a whole they're so OTT.

9. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +619
    Oh, holy mother of God, this was just another boring episode. And Dominique's character seems ... also kind of boring? I'm not here for it, it's just uninteresting. Culhane's scenes are painful to watch, Cristal is getting worse and worse, Sam and Anders are terribly cartoonish and pathetic - I even feel sorry for the actors playing them. Adam Huber is easy on the eyes which really helps because his acting is terrible, not even sure if I should call it acting. He's usually just there, looking at Fallon and smiling. Adam Carrington ... he started out as a psycho but they're turning him into a comic relief now and it's a little bit obvious. Nicollette Sheridan must be relieved to be out of this mess.

Highlight of the episode: Fallon getting slapped by Adam. My dark little heart applauded.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. nostalgicstudent

nostalgicstudent Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +32
    So underwhelmed by Dominique, I was truly hoping for a recreation of the iconic entrance, her being classy and shady, what we got was basically Alexis 2.0. washed up mother looking for money. Only interesting part now is Adam and even thats meh, he is being treated as comic relief half of the time.
    Blake and Cristal are so incredibly boring to watch, I hope this one goes too, third ones the charm?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +675
    Negative points for me : Michael. I really can't stand his "employed, then enemy, then friendly employed, then enemy" relation with Blake. Since season 1, this character has no real direction. I mean in the long term. Actually, it was already obvious : NuDynasty is neither character driven or plot driven. Writers don't have a vision. They just adapt the characters behaviors to the flavor of story of the week. Really, think about everything Michael has been so far : a driver, Fallon's lover. Fallon's enemy. Fallon's ally. Blake's enemy. Blake's associate (he forgot very quickly that Blake was in some ways responsible of his father's passing !), Ada's employee, Ada's enemy, Jeff's rival, Jeff's enemy, Jeff's friend, Kirby's love interest, Monicas love interest... I mean, who is this guy ??? Quick answer : the writers don't have a clue.

Kirby and Steven don't exist anymore. Not even a word about them. Does it make Anders Father of the year ? No, that's NuDominique's trophy ! So NuDominique is the new moral compass of the show ! Yeah !! Just kidding : she's just a manipulative bitch and a liar. How refreshing. And what about the subtlety of her final scene : yeah, we see her through the fireplace, surrounded by fire. Yeah, ok, we get it : she's evil and is Alexis temporary replacement. And if we were not sure, Monica said it a few scenes before.

Blake and NuCristal2.0 are really boring together. No chemistry at all. Someone said that Brenda is a good actress in other soaps. I'm sure he's right. But she doesn't fit as Cristal.

Positive points :
    Anders and Sam are cute. Can't wait to have them bed together after a drinking night and then regret it deeply.
    Fallon's reaction after being slapped made me laugh (when Blake looked at her and she faked her pain)
    Adam : I like that he's smart and evil. But he's a psycho and this is his weakness spot. Anyway he really hates Fallon now. It has potential.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +619
    Oh, no. They're both such bottoms. That wouldn't work.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +675
    If Anders was man enough to bang Alexis, he's man enough to top Sam :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,328
    Medals:
    Bliss and Jackie! Bliss and Jackie and Kirby and Fallon, going to the spa, talking about boys - and mostly about Fallon and how she feels about Liam.
    Oh, wouldn't that be aaaawesome ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +595
    Bliss and Jackie could be twin sisters. However, we don't need any of them, we NEED Miles !

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Artur

Artur Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Is Sam supposed to be a new version of Jeff from original series, who lived in a Blake's mansion without a connection to any member of Carrington family? Keeping him in this house without separate storyline turns his character into the "expanding foam", which fills in the gaps in other storylines. At least he should bring a gay version of Nicole Simpson into the house.

17. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +85
    After watching this episode, I'm speechless... and not for good. Dominique? She looks like RuPaul in feathers, with Alexis script ("Mommy's home" line was acted pretty much like "Trafic was a bitch"). The Colbys (like its 80s predecessor) are boring, they feel like recycled Carringtons wannabes... can't imagine Bliss + Jackie with Fallon & Kirby, that would become a boring version of Pretty Little Liars.

Blake & Cristal pairing is extremely boring (where are the tester groups or whatever they are called). I don't know if it's about the script, the story, or the chemistry. At this point, I'm not sure if it's about the actors, but I can't remember Grant Show working with any actress and feeling like they're great together. Original Cristal was okay with him, but just that, okay. It's not like you really want to see them together forever. To illustrate what I mean, think about Alyssa Milano and Julian McMahon, or maybe a little less, Pamela Sue Martin with John James.

Fallon+Adam was funny, like a parody (think about any MTV reality show ending with Shore).

I know some people here are shipping Anders+Sam (Samders? Samanders?, jeez!), but, seriously? That'd be Shaggy and Scooby Doo!

By the way, is this the only prime time soap alive now? I'd like to explore some other options now

18. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +675
    Actually (maybe it's just me) I think Grant's character Spence was great with Rosita (Dania Ramirez) in Devious Maids. Who knows, maybe Dania will be NuCristal3.0 in season 3 :D

Anyway, I agree with much that has been said in this topic, which is a shame, because I really want to love this incarnation of Dynasty. But the creative team behind it make it very very hard.

19. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,361
    An unremarkable episode...

This was my exact reaction when Dominique said that. I thought, here we go again.

What's this fixation from the writers and producers of Peach Dynasty having Alexis and Dominique looking like washed up hookers well passed their prime?

On the plus side I really enjoy watching Sam Underwood's portrayal of Adam when anyone says anything negative about his mother. He really goes to a dark place and Sam nails it with his facial expressions. I wish the writers would explore this further. Is it just just me or do others here on Soapchat think Adam is flipping out about the mother that raised him rather than Alexis when anyone brings up mommie dearest......just me then?

For a series which is fast approaching the season ending cliffhanger it lacks direction.

No Bo :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Oh yes, that's right! I know they're supposed to be hot ladies in her late 40s, early 50s, but man, do producers even know what MILF means? And, please, stop with the weird wardrobe... sophisticated is not strange coats...