nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E18: Life Is A Masquerade Party

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Apr 26, 2019.

?

No poll this week. Do you feel

Poll closed May 9, 2019.
  1. relieved

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. disappointed

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. don't care

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,261
    I agree and I have a very good reason. Steven was the only one who felt real empathy for Alexis while others (and they still do) dismiss Alexis as crazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,261
    Well for some reason no subtitles (Australia) were on offer when I watched Peach Dynasty last night. I felt like a 5th wheel in the conversation Cristal was having with her brother. I felt like this was something important being said between the two.

3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,406

Yeah, it was. Beto told her that he made sure to calm their father. All he asked is that Blake stay out of their business. Which of course he didn't with the stadium lights debacle.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,020
    Medals:
    Yes, Beto keeps having these similar conversations with Cristal on the phone where she seems to want it both ways: Daddy is to leave her alone, but she can go to him for help anytime she needs it. Of course we are not privy to the entire history between them, but what we do get makes her sound like a teenager testing her boundaries, and Beto as the mother caught in the middle trying to mediate.

But the scenes with Cristal, Blake, and Silvio left me suspicious...like maybe that wasn't actually Silvio, but someone Beto sent to masquerade (heheh) as Silvio in order to get Blake to declare a cease-fire, then strike a deal for a gambling venture. Why would Cristal go along with having an impostor show up to strike a deal with Blake? She was eager to build up the idea of the "threat" to everyone that Silvio posed, and now she's brokering this cease-fire (and some kind of deal between Blake and her daddy...you know, the man who was so lethal and scary ten minutes ago). I think they want us to think she's playing Blake somehow, but I think it's Beto who will be revealed as the one manipulating his sister and Blake, and the real Silvio Flores might not even know what is going on (or care!). There might not be any money-laundering going on at the soccer team offices yet, but by the time Jeff and Michael figure out which end is up, someone from the Flores family (or maybe two or three) might have the money laundering operation in place.

Yes, we do need Steven back. The way they left his fate so unclear was upsetting--I thought Adam had in fact killed him. Steven was already a broken man, but I think Adam gave him something that made his situation worse--like maybe he's catatonic or something that could be viewed as irreversible by his doctors. Adam had that big confessional scene with him, so keeping Steven incommunicado would be necessary as long as they want Adam's rampage to continue. And yet if Steven isn't making any sort of progress, you would think they would get him transferred to a US facility. The characters' out-of-sight, out-of-mind attitude about him is poor writing. All they have to do is drop a line or two every other episode referring to their continuing concern about him. I fear Sam will continue to be at loose ends without Steven to anchor him to the canvas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +753
    Does Steven's next of kin not need to be notified regarding his medical decisions if he's temporarily incapacitated and a current patient at a facility? It's not even a question of them not knowing who it is considering Fallon and Sam have seen him there and Sam was his husband at the time and now that they're divorced it would revert to his parents you'd assume.

I find the lack of care and attention paid to Steven's well being is just a strange thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,460
    Medals:
    Gee, Liz Gillies playing Nicolette Sheridan playing Alexis. It's getting more and more mind-boggling. And who's going to imposter who?
    I thought Blake was faking when the talked to Silvio in the plane, maybe he's looking for something to eliminate Cristal's father once and for all - and it's probably going to backfire.
    I hope Jeff is going to do some really crazy things!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,020
    Medals:
    My theory (this hour, at least): If that is the real Silvio, then he likely thinks he can infiltrate Blake's soccer franchise and make massive $$$ by fixing games, blackmailing players, etc. and get a foothold in the USA for his operation. But Blake knows that this is likely what Silvio is up to, so he is leading Silvio into thinking he's an easy target--when in fact he is planning to work with some government entity like the FBI or something to give Silvio enough rope to hang himself. The longevity of the plotline, of course, would hinge on who's fooling whom, who has the upper hand from one episode to the next---and how Blake can keep Cristal from figuring out he's trying to put her father in prison. But will we really care about a deadly feud between Blake and a villain we barely know (mostly by second-hand accounts from Cristal)? I already don't give a flying fig about Blake's precious soccer team, so if it goes the way of Carrington-Atlanta, I'd just shrug. Secondarily, is Cristal's real loyalty to Blake or to her father/family? When the whole thing hits the fan, will she be revealed as working with her father and/or Beto, or is she really as innocent as she says? And if she is simply caught in the middle, will we really care whose side she ends up on? I mean, ever since the miscarriage nothing has been said about the wedding they were supposed to be planning, so she's not even Mrs. Carrington yet. I like Cristal just fine, but then I liked the Original Cristal/Celia too, so again...shrug. I'm sure Silvio would believe that his daughter would ultimately come down on his side in this, but we haven't been given enough background on Cristal to predict anything--or even know whether she's already in Silvio's camp.

8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,460
    Medals:
    Ah, like Harris Ryland!
    That depends on how entertaining it's going to be. Besides, what did we know about all those cartel characters in the classic soaps? Suddenly they were just there and they had to deal with it.
    She's on a book tour with what's her name. 100% realistic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Adam is rarely shown entering a room, other characters look over their shoulders to find him lurking. This was a technique Hitchcock used with Mrs. Danvers in "Rebecca" and it's just as effective here. Adam is clearly obsessed with Fallon, if he were to rape someone, I don't think it would be Kirby - it would be Fallon. Are the writers willing to go that dark? I think he's leaking pics of Fallon and Liam to the media to make Liam think Fallon is only pursuing him for publicity.

I hope Fallon sticks with publishing for a while; I was glad they acknowledged that Fallon hasn't accomplished much and is more of a dabbler. Now that Fallon has a real job and Kirby is working for her (and - surprisingly - seems to be doing a decent job), what is Sam going to do? Blake was right to comment on this - only half-jokingly.

I don't for a moment believe Blake intends to go into business with Silvio, I think he's setting him up. I wonder how this will go over with Cristal?

I don't think Jeff's plan to expose Blake's shady business dealings is going to go anywhere. I imagine the Feds will show up to speak with Jeff to go over all of the evidence he has uncovered only for the evidence to be missing (thanks to Adam or even possibly Michael) and Jeff to appear to be wasted on drugs (only we know it's really paint fumes).

I hope Steven returns next season to expose Adam - after Sam has a steamy affair with Beto.

I wonder if we'll eventually learn Adam has a brain tumor or some other malady which (to Blake and Alexis at least) excuses all his bad behavior.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,261
    I just remembered that. Does appear odd there is no mention of a wedding between Blake and Cristal 2.0. I wonder why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,152
    Medals:
    I really doubt they are going to have Adam rape somebody, unless they are planning to get rid of him. Handling rape as flippantly as the original show did when they clearly got bored and needed a "sweeps" stunt would not fly today, and I think the writers are aware of that.

And yes, I realise that I'm talking about a character who casually pushed his mothers face into a fireplace and did god-knows-what to his own brother.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +494
    I agree. In 2019 a character can burn someone's face on TV, but he can not rape it.

A long time ago, in a french interview with Jack Nicholson, he said that in the USA, as an actor, he could cut a breast with a knife, but could not touch it (meaning US viewers tolerate gore violence over sexual violence)

Well, if I was a woman, I think i'd prefer someone to touch my breast (even if I really don't want to) instead of cutting it. I'd prefer to have one terrible psychological trauma, instead of having both psychological and physical traumas.

But it's so Out of topic, I really need to focus : I hope that Adam will rape no one in the show. But Jeff. And in a Viking way. Meaning Adam is not gay, but does humiliation rape to his enemy. (Just kidding !!! Of course, Adam shouldn't rape anyone. He's creepy enough)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,460
    Medals:
    If anyone should get raped it's Adam. Gang-raped by the Atlantix S-s-soccer team.

But I also think that Silvio knows it. These kind of crime lords are usually not so naive.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  14. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I'm sure I saw an Instagram post recently - might have been on the page of Ana Brenda Contreras, maybe not - of what looked like a wedding gathering, and Cristal in a white ribbon tied in her hair. Maybe it's in the finale? You'd have thought they'd have learned not to have a wedding in a season finale. They never end well. Sheesh...

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +526
    I'm thinking for weeks now that the cliffhanger will be a massacre during Blake and Cristal's wedding caused by the South Americans (Cristal's family) - instead of the Moldavians.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,020
    Medals:
    I fear it will be more like Sam falls for Beto, but Beto is only using him to solidify a position within the Carringtons. Sam soon discovers Beto is the mastermind of some shady business dealings that could get Blake thrown in prison. The writers need to come up with something to keep Sam in the middle of the family intrigues, so this might be the easiest route. They would not have tossed Beto's secret (liking guys) out there unless they wanted us to know he had big secrets he held close to the vest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,460
    Medals:
    Sure. Maybe he'll also discover a new planet.

Maybe he should do Valene's bizarre horse riding accident and become super-intelligent - and then nobody likes him anymore. Big drama.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,261
    As long as I see plenty of fake blood I'm in. Also we need major characters to die not secondary characters or the hired help.

19. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Blake and Cristal finally tie the knot in a lavish ceremony at Carrington Manor. The guests are enjoying refreshments on the lawn when one of the guests lets out a blood-curdling scream. Other guests rush over to investigate as the horrified woman points at the lake. In the distance we see Mac's corpse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,276
    Medals:
    But how would that be a nod to O-Dynasty? ;)
    I say Beto dies... and maybe a friend of Cristal who we just saw for the first time. That would be Dynasty-like. :D