nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E15: Motherly Overprotectiveness

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Mar 22, 2019.

?

Did you enjoy Alexis' fate?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2019.
  1. Yes, it's awesome!

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No, it's very distasteful

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Don't hate it, but it's too gruesome for my taste

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    Description: "While Fallon and Sam struggle to keep a secret from bubbling to the surface, their attempts are complicated by the arrival of a mysterious stranger; Cristal teams up with Culhane to face a brewing crisis at the Atlantix soccer office."

Seems Anders ought to be more worried about Mack "bubbling to the surface," but anyway.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,508
    Medals:
    What a tongue-twister!:lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,691
    Medals:
    I thought the titles from the original were bad.

4. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +983
    Blake didn't kill Mack. After pummeling Mack for several hours without obtaining a confession Blake cut him loose. As Mack stumbled toward his car he bumped into Alexis, smearing his blood on her white clothes. From the shadows a little girl appeared - it was Amanda, the child Alexis conceived with Blake before leaving Atlanta ten years ago. Thinking Mack had injured her mother Amanda picked up the pruning shears Tony had absentmindedly left behind and plunged them into Mack yelling "don't hurt my Mommy!"

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,508
    Medals:
    How was Alexis' exit?

6. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Jeff should bring back Celia to stop this current Cristal from ruining Atlanta with her scheming ways and her greed. I like that they didn't make her a literal replacement for Celia because honestly, I miss her and I'd love to see a war between of the two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,263
    Dramatic and over the top. Just as I would expect with a character like Alexis Carrington. No spoilers here.

Once again I had mixed feelings about this episode. Some good points like creepy Adam. Jesus...this guy scares the hell out of me and so well played by Sam Underwood. Thoroughly enjoyed his facial expressions as he delivered his lines.

The constant irritant in this episode was Blake, Fallon and Sam. So a complete stranger (think Jamie Ewing) casually walks onto the grounds of one of America's wealthiest families and casually introduces himself as Adam Carrington. Fallon screams, "Security!" All to no avail. Blake opens his arms and proclaims my long lost son has come home. The writers threw in the old DNA routine to add dramatic effect...yawn. We then witness the stock standard comedy routine with Fallon and Sam and a defenceless mutt. Kudos to the dog for not messing up its lines.

I had zero interest in the side story with Michael and Jeff but they were obviously used to show us a darker side of Cristal...again. I'm enjoying the mystery surrounding her. But this episode was all about Adam. I loved how he outplayed smartmouth Fallon. Why do the writers think presenting this version of Fallon is entertaining? I'm confused. Enough with the eyerolls and smart put downs as it weakens the scenes.

But that end. I had a sense something major was going to happen and the writers delivered. It also clears up any questions surrounding the future Alexis Carrington.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +542
    I just finished watching. Excuse me but the last scene left me shocked and speechless. I knew something terrible was about to happen but this was ... way too cruel and terrible. Damn, what a clever way to send her off. Now I need a cigarette and a shot of Whiskey.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,263
    My thoughts exactly. But what I liked about the ending was all the questions its raised. Until others join this thread I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +273
    Wow this just blew my mind. I just binged the last three episodes and they’ve completely turned the show around. I will try to focus on this episode alone, but overall the balance is much better. It feels like a soap finally. There is movement, but they did a good job of developing the characters as well. In two episodes what they’ve done with Adam is more than we got from other characters in two years. They perfectly set him up in a way you could understand his backstory and motivations for the future.

When it comes to Cristal, she’s devious but she’s assertive so I don’t mind. The other Cristal always seemed to get caught up in scandal but always seemed so defenseless. This one seems smarter and more measured in her movements. I’m also very curious to meet her family.

The one downside is that as always I felt there wasn’t enough Alexis, especially with this being her swan song. Still, the moments were got were good and that final scene with Adam was as unexpected as it gets. Just frightening. I will miss Nicollette Sheridan who I feel did a great job in a thankless role, but for once I’m actually willing to see where they go with things since the show has improved so drastically.

I can’t imagine where the show goes next week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Me too. That was genuinely shocking. But where go they go next with Adam operating like this? And like with Steven, is he administering something that gives you retrograde amnesia? Hence the victims not being able to remember what actually happened?

Noooo! Please give thoughts and speculate!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +156
    I'll just leave this here as a reminder

Register or to view Spoiler content!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Medals:
    Tried to post last night, but as usual the site went on the fritz promptly at 8:30 and stayed that way until the wee hours.

Flashback six months prior: Mom (Theresa) watching TV news sees Alexis's cheesy appeal to "Hank" to please turn himself in. Mom tells her son, "Mikey Harrison," that this man wasn't Adam Carrington--her son Mikey is. She's ill, seems kind of Claudia-esque, but explains to him what happened. Her boyfriend actually kidnapped the baby, then left him with her.

He turns up at the mansion waving the silver rattle and Blake wants a DNA test--how novel. Everyone else seems eager to remove the Hank thing from their collective memories, so that helps Adam along...with most of the family. Alexis is still trying to make Hank happen, likely because she doesn't want people to know she was in cahoots with him.

Sam Underwood is listed among the principal cast, near the middle of the list. Fallon refers to him as "the Lindbergh baby" and I wanted to kiss her.

Cristal wants something to do in order not to focus on her loss. She wants Jeff's help with something to do with the new stadium, but he's not really a fan of hers. The details of the project Jeff's pushing tends to make my eyes cloud over (something about "helping the community with jobs and educational training," blah blah blah) but it's all just a plot device to keep Jeff relevant. We saw Cristal out-maneuver Jeff, and through the shenanigans we see that she isn't as "repulsed" by her family as she claims.

Fallon and Sam are maintaining the lie that Steven is still in Paraguay "digging wells and building houses", not in what Fallon refers to as an insane asylum, not a rehab facility. I still wonder if Steven is even alive, given that final scene from last week and no follow-up.

Adam tries to make inroads with Alexis by stopping by, but her reaction is to throw him out of her place, practically begging him to leave. NS played it like she was scared of him, which is a reaction that could be construed many ways.

Fallon thinks she has the goods on him--a former doctor who got fired for stealing narcotics--but of course he says he did it for his sickly mother. He turns a felony into a heroic act. Adam then suggests the whole family go to Paraguay to see Steven. Well played. F&S are then forced to confess that Steven's in a Parisian mental hospital. Adam is invited to stay, of course, once the DNA test comes back that he's the Real Adam.

Adam finds Alexis at her place burning certain files, and tells her he figured out she was responsible for the Hank fiasco. But it's okay--go ahead and destroy the evidence. He just wants it to be "her and him against the world". He then flashes back to how he killed Theresa with an intentional overdose of tranquilizers. As she leans over to throw in more papers, he pushes her into the fireplace and holds her head in the flames as she screams.

Yikes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Creative Director
    Ratings:
    +85
    Adam's kidnapped name was Michael Gordon Harrison. Do you suppose that was a nod to Gordon Thompson?

Also, the ending made me gasp (literally) for a second week in a row. Still a bit shocked. Does this mean the facial reconstruction/plastic surgery story is being transferred to Alexis from Steven? Nice twist!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +207
    He is clearly a psycho. Why he did what he did to Steven does not make sense to me. I agree a person (like Jamie Ewing) just walks into the mansion of a very wealthy family and the patriarch just takes his story at face value.

His kissing Fallon on the lips and his killing Alexis did shock me. Least this show did not have him and Fallon meet and be instantly attracted to each other before finding out they are brother and sister like with the original Dynasty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,075
    Medals:
    ...I think this means Alexis is dead now. Why burn her face and then let her go, when she could go crying to the rest of the family? Though I wonder how Adam's going to cover his tracks on this one. ^^

17. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Adam is probably going to rape Fallon instead of Kirby. He seems sort of attracted to his own sister, it is definitely a disturbing sign.

18. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,508
    Medals:
    Oh my, this looks like a scene from Nip/Tuck. I thought he was going to break her neck, but this is very sadistic.
    Traditional soap rules dictates that there's no longevity for a character like Adam but if they can keep up this dark tone then maybe there's a future for NuDynasty.
    Or maybe not, if he kills them all:lol:
    I wouldn't mind watching him doing the same to Fallon, Kirby, Cristal II, Michael and Jeff.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +156
    I found it interesting that they went the route of having Alexis burned by fire. Sort of irony considering she contributed in some fashion to Cristal being in the wrong place at the wrong time and dying in the fire at end of season 1.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,508
    Medals:
    It's such a brilliantly shocking scene (like the witch from Hansel & Gretel) and I think it should have happened anyway, not just because NS decided to leave.
    It's also a great pay-off for the Alexis-Hank scheme, and that kind of compensates for the lacklustre S1 aftermath.

Let's hope he doesn't catch the Gossip Girls virus, he should become the series main character (bye bye Fallon bitch)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2