nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E14: Parisian Legend Has It....

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Artur

Artur Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Was Juliette supposed to be new Leslie? I hope they won't forget about her and uncle Benjamin in a future if they decide to introduce Blake's siblings storyline (Maybe when Dominique arrives)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    Yes, that was a nice reference to the both of them. The way they are intent on introducing all characters eventually, I wonder if we will also see Amanda one day. And of course, Caress.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +142
    Question...

Register or to view Spoiler content!

4. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    Yes you did.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +142
    Different twist...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Artur

Artur Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +92
    So if Liam turned out not to be Adam what prevented scriptwriters from sending him and Fallon to bed then?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +19,606
    Medals:
    • Funny Funny x 4
  8. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,227
    Medals:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,022
    Medals:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +77
    @Matthew Blaisdel
    Thank you for that positive review. I share the enthusiasm. That was an exceptional episode!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow to ruthless Blake, Cristal and Anders!

Wow to Steven's comeback explanations: the bits we got in the past episodes perfectly fit to the new infos. That this Dynasty managed to do that is a miracle because Steven's breakdown mirrored Claudia's scenes in OldDynasty Season 1. Heart-wrenching, really well written (still some humour in it) and acted. Kudos to Steven, Sam and Fallon!

Wow to mentioning the "disinherited" Ben Carrington.

D I S A G R E E!!!

Because:

Wow to the casting of Sam Underwood as the new psycho nightmare. The actor was recurring or co-starring on Dexter, Homeland, The Following and Fear the Walking Dead. The guy was chosen for a reason and when he delivered the "We'll always have Paris" line to Steven he showed why. Give him a chance to convince you when he has more to do.

This was an episode where I liked every scene. Nothing felt out of place or like a sitcom. This includes Kirby with Culhane and Alexis with Tony. Also the scenes filmed abroad really looked good. NuDynasty obviously has all the tools to work with if they really want.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +19,606
    Medals:
    So...Adam has arrived, just when Alexis is about to leave. How frustrating!

12. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +469
    It's amazing how this reboot manages to be even more schizophrenic than the original !

For weeks it was a stupid and vapid teen show and now, all of sudden, it turns into a very dark adult drama ! All the characters suddenly become fascinating instead of the cartoon caricatures we used to see.

It's utterly ironical considering that with Adam's entrance we're now officially revisiting Dynasty' season 3, the season where the original starts to worsen. But with Adam's debuts, NuDynasty seems to finally improve.

Hopefully, Adam's entrance will be the counterpart of Alexis' entrance in the original show. But NuDynasty's quality is so shifting that I'm not sure about that...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    Ratings:
    +3,227
    Medals:
    Yes, i even forgot to mention Ben in my review, there was just SO much great stuff going on in that episode.
    And all that subtext! SUBTEXT!!! On CW Dynasty!!!! :eck:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +142
    This episode also managed to convince me of how much love there is between Fallon and Steven similar to the closeness I felt between PSM and Al Corley's Fallon and Steven.

• Like Like x 2
  15. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Ok.
    So Blake is now a cold blood murderer and Cristal and Anders are his partners in crime.

Ok.

And the same ( new?) Blake begs Alexis to comfort Cristal. And Cristal welcomes Alexis ( who doesn't feel the urge to commit suicide anymore. Good news.)

Ok. ( But did the writers had a glance to the previous episodes?)

And Adam is suddenly seeking for his birthright ( I guess we'll find out next why he has waited for so many years to show up).

Ok. Why not.

Now I'm french. Let me tell you a few things: the Citroën DS ( the black car driving Fallon to the party) must have been very difficult to find. BECAUSE it doesn't exist anymore... The extras are real french actors obviously. Juliette is not. Obviously. Elizabeth Gillies french is not so bad... I've heard much worse... But I'm affraid you'll never come across a woman wearing a "béret" in the streets of Paris unless you're watching an early episode of "Mistral's Daughter"...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,739
    Medals:
    So the CW did virtually no promotion of Dynasty's return. I only knew because I looked it up on the interwebs a few days ago. So is it little wonder that despite coming back from a dramatic cliffhanger, Dynasty pulled its lowest audience ever last night? Granted, the audience had been steady around 630-670k and last night's was 548,000...but I think if a lot of those people had known the show was returning from hiatus, they would have watched. If there is a measurable jump next week, it would point to the CW's laziness being overcome by good word-of-mouth, along with curiosity about Adam's (possible) arrival along with Alexis's departure. If it stays low, then I guess those people have just given up and 550k is just the new normal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,268
    James Mackay is certainly better than Jack Coleman, though very few people on peach Dynasty are worse than Jack Coleman. But while the character of Steven can still be given substance with the right lines and acting, I just think Fallon has been ruined for me. I can't shake the feeling she is a Blair wannabe from Gossip Girl, and all it takes is one lame attempt at levity (like with Culhane) to bring that back. Then again that may be because she has been at her most childish with Culhane, and unless the show ditches him she will never be rid of that stigma.

I thought Blake (and Cristal!) going homicidal was extreme, but not in a way I would not accept it if the show is willing to have the characters absorb the conseqences of their actions. But is anyone willing to bet against me that before the season is over the two of them are starring in another screwball plot?
    No. Again, that is an homage to original Dynasty. As I love repeating, when in a season 3 episode Fallon mentions an uncomfortable fight she had with her father the previous day, Blake replies: "Who remembers yesterday?" :p

I have the same doubts. The last two episodes were certainly engrossing, but we have been here before, with the show suddenly getting traction in late season one only to go bananas soon after. Peach Dynasty has done a wizard-of-oz inspired episode, but it needs to get meta enough to do Groundhog Day.

Season 3 of real Dynasty is for me a very good season, but certainly on the fast track of losing sight of what made it a superb show. Adam's arc helped it stay coherent longer than otherwise would have been the case. Peach Dynasty seems to be introducing Adam at a time when it is discovering the kind of show it wants to be (as a drama), the kind of show it needs to be (as a soap), and the kind of show its legacy calls for it to be (as a reboot). Let's see how it plays out...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    Ratings:
    +3,227
    Medals:
    :crazy:

Good one! :yep:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Artur

Artur Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +92
    This new Blake has no stable personality. In one episode he is a noble person, in another bloody killer. Earlier he was a toy cars maniac. I don't mind him being a complicated man but there is no common thread and overal character development. His relationship with Crystal has no depth eather, no reason why he chose her. Crystal's first reaction to the miscarriage was disappointing. She reacted as if she found out her hairdresser's was fully booked. This storyline kept me waiting 5 weeks but comparing to Steven's looks like made up at the last minute.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,022
    Medals:
    Well, all I'm looking forward to now is NuAdam and NuKirby meeting. Both of them are supposedly psychos, so they just might be more fun together than the old versions. Though of course Kirby looks like she might be starting something with Cullhane... does Adam poison him to death? ^^