nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E03 The Butler Did It

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Oct 26, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,344
  2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Why are they making these short clips instead of proper promos? Whose wonderful idea was that?

3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,921
    Y'know … I'm beginning to wonder if the EMPIRE and the nuDYNASTY producers really do read this website.

If so, I wonder where my residuals are. I'm hungry.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,617
    It feels like three hours of plot compressed into one hour. Obviously the producers felt they needed to keep us on our toes, but now I'm wondering if my toes will ever get their feeling back. :)

Blake and Cristal's scenes reminded me a bit of when Cathy Geary dropped into Gary Ewing's life. Blake even put Cristal in the 2018 equivalent of the Ciji's Star Trek dress. I like that they're making it impossible to discern just what her "real" reactions are to all this. She's just...there.

Not liking the new plotline for Michael. They saved him from the fire for this?

Jury's still out on the various paternity revelations, though I have to say the OTT baby shower/gender reveal party was the perfect venue for such things. No Carrington party can go without some sort of disaster, yet they keep throwing them.

Fallon's "in-laws" the Van Kirks are not the NuColbys. They're too much of a caricature (individually and as a group) to be viable long-term. Fallon scored the line of the season (thus far) when she mentioned how Liam's stepfather (?) and Steven ought to meet, since they have so much in common.

Why, hello Dr. Toscanni. I wasn't expecting you! But then, so much was unexpected. Just ask Steven. If you can pick his jaw up off the floor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,921
    I'm tellin' ya -- the other Crystal's comin' back to beat nuCrystal's ass.

6. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,834
    Now I'm intrigued!

7. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,921
    It seems like Dr Toscanni is like a corrupt Jordan Peterson.

8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,344
    Oh boy! The Butler sure did it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Is this it for Melissa and her storyline??? I love how she just wrapped it all up with three lines. I'm not very happy with this new twist, it's going to drag and drag and drag and it's going to make me stop watching for sure. You can already feel Blake's disappointment and rejection. But overall this was a pretty good episode, very packed with new info, drama and action.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I really hope they don't try too hard to force this Liam and Fallon thing. Neither him or his family are all that interesting and it's a shame because I do like the actor's chemistry with Fallon but Culhane just feels like a better option overall. A rich man on a Dynasty show without any interesting surviving family members, it just won't work out in the long run. Also, I'm loving the woman that Culhane has been forced to work for.

They're also not even remotely subtle about how Kirby is the new Sammy Jo. The new Steven development is a twist on the Fallon is a bastard storyline mixed together with the Steven and Sammy Jo marriage. Now instead of being connected through marriage, Kirby Jo is connected to Steven by blood.

11. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Again, I skimmed the episode. Liam's Dad is dead and his mother shows up with some guy who's gay? Anders and Alexis slept together years ago and Kirby heard about it and Alexis started the fire in Fallon's bedroom to get rid of Kirby. Melissa is pregnant with someone else's baby as Anders is revealed to be Steven's father.

It was an okay episode.

It's way passed cancellation though. But okay episode.

12. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,069
    You can never plan ahead with this show. Just when I think I am going to take it off my Tivo schedule, it offers an hour like this (with Toscani AND a Carrington child paternity story AND keeping Adam in our minds) and gets me actually hooked.

I am getting to be less interested in Culhane than last season. He was more than Mr. Fallon last season, but he is a co-dependent one now, and as a good guy Liam fits the bill a lot more. And Robert Riley's wincing face is starting to get on my nerves with every new complication that arises.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,617
    ...but I bet he had to do it with his eyes closed. [/rim shot] :Clol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    Some nice touches to this episode. The demeanour of Alexis when Kirby storms the Carrington mansion is something I wish to see more of. Alexis allows Kirby to steal this scene but it's what Alexis doesn't say which makes for compelling viewing. Apart from Liam I don't get the Van Kirk family. Much like season 1 with the Colby clan they've become a distraction rather than add anything of substance. Another moment I enjoyed was the bedroom scene between Liam and Fallon. A little sexual tension but it was more about exploring Liam and Fallon's upbringing. I'm enjoying Adam Huber's laid back approach to playing Liam. It's exactly what Dynasty needs when all the other characters are sucking on baby bottles filled with goodness knows what.

I was only saying last week I had missed the Anders and Sam scenes. Good to see this return. They're like chalk and cheese but watching them together just works.

Some things I didn't enjoy. The forced scenes of Blake and Cristal. Cristal is suddenly thrust into the world of couture clothing, dripping diamonds and cruising in the Carrington jet. I think the writers missed an opportunity by not having Blake invite Cristal around for afternoon tea to explore her relationship with Celia. A lengthy scene between an emotional Blake and Cristal could have worked a treat for viewers to be given closure on Celia. Something I also would have created. As this scene comes to an end Anders interrupts to inform Blake he has an urgent business call, leaving Cristal on her own. In walks Alexis. I would have re-created the famous scene from original Dynasty between Krystle and Alexis, except in this case the roles are kind of reversed.

Something else I noticed was no follow up from last weeks episode between Blake and Alexis after ruffling the bed sheets. I think that is my main contention with Season 2 thus far. The writers are failing to marry one episode to another. It feels very much like TNT Dallas, plot driven rather than character driven.

I was bitterly disappointed with the Melissa baby outcome. With just a simple sentence she is gone. I rather enjoy Kelly Rutherford.

I was happy to see Bo (the dog) but bloody hell. Was there a representative on set from the Animal Humane Society? How embarrassing for Bo to be put on display looking like that.

Score: C-

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TheWorldaStage

TheWorldaStage Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I never quite warmed up to Culhane. Never found him that interesting or thought he added much to the show.

From Season 1, I only remember his father dying and his fling with Monica. Otherwise, not memorable to me at all.

Of course, this is just me. Apparently some of us did like him in Season 1?

16. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,100
    I am really enjoying this show! But I was disappointed by the end of this episode. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO at the end. No, No, No, No, No!!!!!!!! Don't have Anders be Steven's father. Couldn't they have made him the father of Amanda instead - that would have made sense. Have a child with the butler, pretend the child die at birth, but secretly give her up for adoption so the husband won't think anything is odd.

And then Melissa's baby not being Steven´s? Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked that odd trio of her, Sam & Steven. And I love Kelly Rutherford. They would have made an excellent parent trio, trying to upstage each other as the better parent.

But one thing I really enjoy: I really really like Kirby! Terrific addition to the show. I love the actress as well. I do hope she joins up with Jeff. He needs something to do! Especially now that I have grown fond of him.

Jury is still out on Cristal. But keeping in mind that I never ever liked original Dynasty's Krystle.

I also have conflicting feelings regarding Fallon's love life. Do I prefer her with Liam or Michael? I simply don't know, but I am enjoying that story. Finally a love triangle that I can enjoy - that doesn't happen often.

Also, I like Alexis. She's brings on some humor as well as her plotting. Desperately shoving the bearcam into the champagne cooler and then pretend all is fine was hilarious.

I would probably feel a lot worse for hunky Blake if he was a kind person. But since he's not all that kind, I don't feel too bad for him. But I still like him. :love2:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    It was only towards the back half of Season 1 I enjoyed the character of Culhane. This season however I'm just not warming to him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,100
    Could it be because he is monotonically dull very often?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    It may have something to do with his calming effect on Fallon last season but of course Culhane has now been upstaged by Liam in that department. I think it's that simple...for me.

20. Kristin Kringle Channing

Kristin Kringle Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,370
    Are you referring to the fact that they have blatantly stolen your idea that Crystal be a healer?!?

Hopefully she has watched plenty of soaps and has the good sense to wait until their wedding (which is probably next week the rate things are moving).

• Funny Funny x 3