nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E02 - Ship of Vipers

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +673
    I enjoyed this episode more than the last one but somehow have less to say about it.

I enjoyed Sam and Alexis conspiring to catch Melissa out, even if the lack of trust itself is kind of annoying to watch.

I also enjoyed seeing the continuation of Liam pining for Fallon, for some reason I'm actually interested in where they are going with this.

Blake and Jeff's car race felt childish to me, but that was sort of the point so good job I guess. I did like that they took a concept from the original and changed it to suit the current story. That's something the new writers are consistent with and I appreciate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,649
    Medals:
    I got the idea that he sees in Fallon the type of (potential) partner who can help him go toe to toe with his various dysfunctional family members. Perhaps he always felt bullied and outmatched by the various Van Kirks (thus the tell-all book, which seems to have been forgotten), but if he had Fallon on his side, the balance of power might shift in his favor. He seems to revel in her ability and willingness to push people around (figuratively and literally) to get what she wants, as if he's mentally taking notes. That assertiveness might be attractive to him because he felt he never had enough of that while growing up on "the ship of vipers".

• Like Like x 1
  3. Artur

Artur Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Is it only me or Kirby's voice resembles the voice of Heather Locklear from her first episides?
    Personally I would prefer Kirby to be a troublemaker pretending to be a sweet loving daughter and modest wimpy girl. Not the feisty one, who lays her cards on the table and can be deconspirated easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Me too, although I saw a comment on youtube saying how Kirby reminds them of Sammy Jo from the early years. I'm pretty certain that was on purpose, and in some respects, it wasn't a bad choice: on the original show, Sammy Jo became one of the iconic characters, and part of her shtick was being a scheming little minx running around in skimpy outfits and driving all the other girls around her crazy. They can't do that with Sam, so instead they gave those characteristics to Kirby.

Also, I came up with a bit of a theory, and it has to do with the upcoming episode "The Butler Did It." So far, everybody's been saying Kirby almost burned the Carrington mansion down. My guess is that it wasn't Kirby after all. It was Anders, and he let his daughter take the blame. And Kirby doesn't know that, but has supposed that it was Fallon who started the fire and blamed it all on Kirby. And that's the real reason for why Kirby wants revenge on Fallon... except it looks like she may find out the truth in the next episode. We shall see...

5. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I’m just happy that we didn’t get a likeness to the original Kirby. I couldn’t stand her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,235
    Medals:
    upload_2018-11-7_0-45-59.png

I had no idea they were talking about toys. ha-ha.

7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,235
    Medals:
    upload_2018-11-7_0-56-4.png
    The psycho bitch wants everything, and I think she should have it all (for a while).

8. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,254
    Medals:
    I just got around to watching this.
    Trash! Juvenile trash. This show just lacks any kind of soapy saga feel. It's un-Dynasty. Blake is a joke. Why is he being written as a 20-something fool? Why this early in the show are they already writing a story about selling Carrington Atlantic? Where is the over-arching theme of a family dynasty and of a future built on the company and it's wealth. Even if the company isn't sold. It's a waste of time story line.

The racing cars thing is like someone thought how could they worsen Steven's racing plotline from original season 2 and then they came up with toy cars. I don't believe I actually chose to watch this nonsense. F**king garbage.

I guess that's it for this show. It's just this mess now.

Imagine a second chance at Kirby and having her catfight in her first episode.

AND.. Oh yea... I forgot. Trash.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1