nuDynasty Episode Chat S204 Snowflakes In Hell

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Nov 2, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,344
  2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    This show is totally unrealistic (not in a charming way) and jumps sharks left and right. I turned it off when they all found Steven & Sammy Jo. What a joke. I feel bad for Steven, he's surrounded by psychos, he even married a monster. And Anders is a typical absentee daddy. He just keeps dragging Kirby through the mud, doesn't he? Yikes. And I was so upset when Fallon literally kicked Alexis out of their mansion in the beginning and dropped her insurance check on the ground. What the hell? She's just there to get humiliated and kicked around. Alexis should have punched her. Fallon is one of the worst characters on TV. I can't stand her and the actress "playing" her. Let me know if it gets any better but I feel like I'm pretty much done for now.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    Lordy, the words fail me.

4. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Looks like we are on the same page. By the way, why are they so desperate to make Culhane interesting? His new storyline with Ada (Katherine LaNasa) is a joke. I'm shocked by the writing on this show. Even the first season was so much better than this mess.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    Score: F-

That's a bold 'F' for fail. Who is in charge of this nonsense? From the opening scene to the last it was atrocious. I've watched far superior episodes of Eastenders, Coronation Street, heck even Neighbours. Dynasty should be something else. It's meant to be a step up from the others right? I see the horrible Fallon is back so now the writers have undone everything I began to like about the character in this season. Seriously is Jeff Colby gay? No right minded heterosexual bloke would be caught dead wearing that outfit...well perhaps once a year to the Melbourne Cup. For those on this site uninitiated with one of Australia's premier events just Google it.

The white trailer trash Alexis...is well...I'm seriously stumped for words. I may not own or have access to original Dynasty but after watching this I thank GOD for youtube because I had to race over and remind myself what Alexis Carrington IS! I never thought I'd say this but Sam needs to go. What a nasty little gold digger he has turned out to be. He might reflect original Sammy Jo but I thought this Sam had some moral compass.

And Blake. When Blake Carrington gets mad just remove all objects from his office and ensure Bo (the dog) is kept well away from him. And what did Cristal give Blake Carrington? What type of pill was that? And he so casually accepts it? And I'll go out on a limb here. I don't like the actress or the character. Some had issues with Celia and Nathalie Kelley but letting her go was a mistake.

I could go on but I'm in serious need to jump onto youtube and watch components of original Dynasty.....I'm coming youtube....:brb:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,069
    While I understand the criticism over the unreality of the Carringtons finding Sam and Steven on the fly, the bigger problem is how plot after plot that should extend over a myriad of episodes is tied up in a single one. First Steven went from an expectant father to not in a single sentence. Then the drama of his paternity and the betrayal Blake left were neatly resolved by the end of Friday yesterday. While the show gets props for making the loss of Adam an even more crucial point of the past than even the original, the quickie resolutions point to a severe flaw in the execs: they don't know how to plan ahead for 22 episodes, so they burn storyline after storyline in every episode and they soon will have made the Carringtons suffer the same plot burnout in two years that 80s soaps suffered at the end of their career.

Culhane's plot is, as @Edie70 mentioned, an obvious attempt to give the character something to do, but it is so unrelated to the Carringtons, it is too desperate an attempt to keep Culhane in the fray. A tragic death will solve that problem.

But here is the biggest problem of all: A Dynasty rules over something. What is a Dynasty without a company? The Kardashians. The show wanted a quick shock for last season with the sell of C.A., but now all the characters are floating aimlessly. In fact, the only one left with a goal (and a constant conflict, unlike the kumbaya resolution of all other character issues) is Kirby.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,834
    Poetic justice? Is NuAlexis paying for the sins of O.Alexis? Because that bitch never suffered enough:lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    What the hell happened to this show? What kind of drugs are these writers taking? That episode was the lousiest crap of TV i've seen in a very long time.
    I disliked almost every scene. The only one i found okay was Fallon and Steven singing together, but the rest... ugh.
    I don't give a sh*t about Michaels storyline with that blonde bitch, it's boring as hell. Everything in south america just felt stupid and ridiculous and just silly. Silly entertainment for a silly audience.
    Stupid characters, stupid dialogue, stupid story. And i HATE that nuCristal they came up with, she has absolutly NO charisma. Letting Nathalie Kelley go was a huge mistake.
    They were on such a good way by the end of S1, but none of that is left.
    If this show doesn't get much, much better, i really hope it gets cancelled very soon and doesn't soil the name "Dynasty" any further.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Wow, they are really trying to run this show to the ground anymore, are they? It sounds like they don't even care anymore. All these comments make me so glad now that I've dropped this show when I did. Thank God!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,617
    "She's like a live-action Miss Piggy!" --- @Toni is a staff writer now?

Fallon with a nail gun, everyone--Be afraid, be very afraid.

The Carringtons invade Paraguay. This ought to force the last surviving Nazis to flee in terror.

Guess we will no longer accuse Anders of being a 'boot licker' for Blake. Bo took care of that.

Nice to see the ol' trash can (er...the Airstream) again. It's like Alexis's best fashion accessory.

"I'll be back for Christmas..." Yeah, nothing fishy or concerning there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Steven: "I'll be back for Christmas..."
    Viewers: "Will this show still be around for Christmas?"

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,581
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    upload_2018-11-3_15-17-9.jpeg
    To whichever character that was compared to her! ​

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    Stick a fork in me, I am done. Third time was definitely not a charm for me.

Much like with season one, I am jumping ship after four episodes. I did come back later that season, out of curiosity about Alexis' arrival, only to drift away again. Yet, I came back thinking season two may be rejuvenated but it's a mess. And not even a hot one.

I have to admit, I only watched 15 minutes of this episode before deciding to throw in the towel. I get that they seem to be clearing the deck in order to make way for the show's "new" direction - the time jump, Melissa's exit, Stephen's exit (did he actually leave & did Sammy Jo go with him?), the sale of CA, new Cristal - but what we're left with is a disjointed mess. Where's the family company to battle over? What are the Colbys purpose? Who cares about Michael's subplot? Dare I say it but it's starting to feel like what watching Blood & Oil felt like.

Elizabeth Gillies is the standout and will do well when she extricates herself from this trainwreck but aside from her and seeing a few old soap favourites like Kelly Rutherford show up in guest roles, there's little else to enjoy right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,921
    It's just nuDYNASTY, so none of it really bothered me much.

15. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,834
    I really liked the first 5 or 6 episodes, but it lost some of its edge when a certain frivolous character arrived. The final episode seemed hastily rewritten so it wouldn't end with cliffhangers, but I wouldn't call it a disjointed mess.

16. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +570
    It was the food-guzzling Alexis, whose legs always seemed to reach for the sky every time Fallon shoved her onto her derrière. Neither fabulous nor funny to see, truth be told.

IMO: The tone of the show isn't nuDynasty either. The tone of cwDynasty has changed, for the worse. Grant Snow looks and sounds like he's checked out, just going through the motions. Alan Dale is still putting in effort. But the script, oh the script. There's no story-telling, just moving-talking 'tableaus' of this and that. Sterile. Sad.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    :lol:

I'll try and double-dose my morphine upcoming friday before next episode, maybe it'll be less painful watching then.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  18. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    My issue with Blood and Oil was that it didn't feel comfortable with what it wanted to be. It had been redeveloped so much from the original premise The Bakken to Boom to Oil to Blood and Oil, that it had bits of everything in it from the rustic element of the broke, young couple coming to find their fortune and then the obviously late addition of this oil tycoon's family crowbarred on top of that idea in order to "Dallas" the show up a bit. I just didn't buy the premise.

19. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I thought the Paraguay trip was silly fun. It did seem like a filler episode. Though the producers missed a trick by not having 'PARAGUAY' in big, bold yellow letters a la Dynasty style.

I fast forwarded through the Culhane scenes because I knew they would be a snooze fest.

Given the demographic the CW is aiming at, best not to take NuDynasty too seriously - I watch it while making Saturday brunch.

Though I am looking forward to the Real Cristal, Fallon and Alexis scenes.

20. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,069
    How on earth did Cidre get trusted with another soap after her terrible hack job on TNT Dallas was my main concern. The show was a different one every two episodes at first, and then every single one (so yes, it does remind of Peach Dynasty in that). If they had decided to do a limited 10 episode run, maybe the show would not be so ridiculous. As it stands, I don't ever care to watch it again.

Some shows start with a captivating premise and beginning (Savannah in the 90s, Dirty Sexy Money in the 2000s, Revenge in the 2010s) and then lose their way. Peach Dynasty is a cross between some DYNASTY fans turning their fan fiction into an actual TV show and the CW turning out yet another one of their usual teenage ridiculousness.

That was unforgivable.

But if I want to watch a mindless hour of silly TV that requires no thinking, I watch Below Deck. There are too many shows on my TIVO and not enough free time to watch all of them AND post a gazillion threads here, so Peach Dynasty may soon depart my queue.

• Like Like x 1