1. Support Soapchat.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Soap Chatters. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute, it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert free, so we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards any forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop some of the down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. All contributions are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dismiss Notice

nuDynasty Episode Chat S02E12 Filthy Games

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Avery Merry Christmas, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Yawn. What a waste of space and money. I feel sorry for Nicollette. The last two episodes have been extremely bad. Seems like they are trying to change the show's direction (it's going down faster than Titanic!). Watching Elizabeth Gillies this season has been as entertaining as watching the paint dry. Boring "actress" and Fallon is one of the worst characters on television, a businesswoman without a business and a brain. Yikes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +245
    Alexis schemes are ridiculously cliché. Joan Collins was devious. Nicollette Sheridan is petty. This Alexis behaves like a teen trapped in a grown up body.
    This show turned into a comic book. Zero psychology. Characters as thin as paper. Zero coherence. Plots come and go from nowhere to nowhere...
    Sam and Kirby ( where is the psycho supposed to be a firestorm? ) seems to be let down by the writers... What next? Sam and Kirby choose a new pet? Sam and Kirby argue about their favorite candies?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,645
    Same as for most characters, it seems.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,645
    I think that is where their 0.1 ratings come from. But either because they have seen (and maybe liked? can't be sure) the original or because they were hoping for some fans of it sampling and watching, they try to keep having these perfunctory homages.

5. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,358
    Medals:
    Why did Alexis have to call Tony "Gardener Tony" to his face? Now he doesen't seem to be the brightest candle on the cake, but he surely must know he's the gardener?!
    That line of Alexis was SO embarrassing! I know it was for the audience to know he's the gardener, but could they not let her mention that while she talks to someone else ABOUT him?? Like "Jeannette, have you seen Gardener Tony? I need to talk to him!" Poor Nicolette. :fp:
    Can't wait for next Friday! "Well hello, Ex-husband Mark Jennings!" :re:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    Ratings:
    +3,358
    Medals:
    At least they regulary come up with some good stuff for Bo, so they know how to write for a dog. Just hope they pay him well for a leading character.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
  7. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Bo the family dog is the best written character on this show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Artur

Artur Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +99
    The recipe for each "Dynasty" episode is simple. They let the characters act extremaly childish for 40 minutes and let them draw conclusions like adults for remaining 5 minutes to remind viewers they "have a brain and feelings". It look ridiculous when these crazy puppets suddenly become human in the last moments before the episode ends. Why not in the middle of it when they do all those unbelievable things?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +618
    These writers have no idea how to create, build and conclude a dramatic situation. They should seriously change their ways or change a profession. What a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    Ratings:
    +3,358
    Medals:
    One can only hope these writers weren't the ones who got Barbara Stanwycks donated 24 Colbys-scripts, as she would start spinnin' in her grave.

11. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,336
    So do I. Nicolette deserves better than this. She has the goods to play a cold and calculating ex-wife. Everything was looking the goods. The Church, the choir, Blake's speech. Ander's inquisitive look towards Cristal. Steven and Sam. The Church Bells. The pigeons (or was that crows) escaping the bell tower. The red souls on those stilettos.

Then the writers had to go and stuff it up with that ridiculous sentence from Alexis. Right there. We should have foreseen the wrong kind of trouble brewing. If only the writing team just had Alexis Carrington just stand there, not a word, her eyes piercing through her ex-husband's heart and soul. Silence can say so much.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I finally got around to watching this episode. It's interesting how Kirby has become the voice of reason for the family.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    The show feels like it lacks direction because the characters lack direction. It makes sense for Fallon and Sam to both take time to lick their wounds after being rejected/neglected but to have two key characters in this state slows the pace of the show. I find it ironic that while Mile High Dynasty suffered from putting plot ahead of character, Peach Dynasty is suffering from putting character ahead of plot. Fallon's self-indulgence contrasted with Sam's attempt at self-improvement at least showed the writers understand the characters. It's a shame that Sam doesn't think he is worthy of Steven because Steven is "selfless" by devoting himself to the needy; I think Steven is being a jerk by neglecting his husband.

For a show titled "Dynasty" the characters aren't building or maintaining a dynasty. I used to think the show should be titled "Desperate Trophy Wives" but now I wonder if "Lifestyles of the Idle Rich" would be a better title.

Why didn't Fallon (or Kirby, or Sam) refer to the lifestyle guru as "Marie con-woman"; I thought it was a pretty obvious joke.

There's a lot of stupidity going on with the paternity plot:
    * Why would Cristal put the pregnancy test in her purse?
    * Why would Cristal carry her purse at a party in her own home?
    * Why would Cristal give the lab the manor's landline instead of her cell phone number? Though it is possible, as someone else suggested, Alexis provided the number when she mailed the altered test.
    * Why would Cristal give the test to Joy, the maid, to mail instead of mailing it herself?
    I think it would have made more sense if Cristal buried the pregnancy test in the bottom of the bathroom trash can - only for Bo to dig it out - and chew on it in the middle of Blake's study.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,336

:ll:

15. Zable's Eggnog

Zable's Eggnog Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +831
    Perhaps they were too busy borrowing an idea to think about the logic? I don't know what the source material/equivalent scene was on O.Dynasty but this episode reminds me of what happened to Channing on The Colbys. She told Miles she was barren yet was taking birth control pills. One fine day she decided to chuck them away, and in they went into the wastepaper basket in their bedroom when Miles wasn't there. Next thing we knew, Enid was knocking on the door when Miles was the only one in to return the pill packet (which had Channing's name on it), explaining that one of the maids had found it and thought it had been mistakenly thrown out. Naturally, a confrontation scene had to follow. ...Had it happened on nuDynasty the way you suggest, Blake would also need to confront Bo on the latter's new found taste for pregnancy test kits and deal with it, lol.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +816
    I just got around to watching. I have so little to say anymore o_O Everyone almost seems like a caricature of a character now. They all feel so scripted, Fallon especially. I have to wonder what goes on in writers meetings, whether they have a fleshed out idea of who the characters are and where they're going.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Andrew Baker

Andrew Baker Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I watch every week in the hope that this is the episode Alexis becomes the character we want.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it is so hard for the show bosses to make this happen?

Unfortunately they have burned the character of Fallon out - who gives a monkeys anymore what she does or doesn't do?

Cristal is a terrible character, why did they get rid of the first one for this?

Sammy Joe is too nice and needs to be a son of a bitch.

Why did they get rid of the family business so soon. Football team should be a side line not the new business to build a dynasty around.

Kirby, big build up but again potential just been wasted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    Medals:
    A lot of soaps don't even identify the business that makes the family so rich--it's just a "multi-million dollar conglomerate" that allows them a lot of free time to pursue the usual soapy stories. Perhaps the writers just didn't find energy companies "sexy" enough, or maybe they simply realized that energy companies don't grab viewers the way they did when they were called Ewing Oil. o_O It was not a good calculation on their part, since the show's title has to do with the continuing ownership of a family business, and in the first season they really pushed the whole idea that it might be time for the younger generation (Fallon, Steven, and Celia-Cristal to some extent) to have their say in how this traditionally fossil-fueled fortune needed to diversify into alternative sources of energy. In the second season the writers had totally lost interest in all things C-A and all things energy-related (like Fallon's ill-fated, private venture), so essentially they sold off the dynasty...and didn't replace it with anything similarly multi-generational for the family to work on (or fight over). They even "forgot" about the health crisis in Clarke County that killed Michael's father, ostensibly because it required more discussion of C-A and their role in the mess. Just because Blake got rid of the company does not absolve him of guilt in the dumping of chemicals in Clarke County (and the associated health problems and/or deaths), but nothing has been brought up since then concerning lawsuits against Blake.

Obviously a lot of shows use season cuts to drop plots they don't like or to re-set things, but it has always irked me that Michael seemed to develop amnesia with regards to what happened with his dad. They even managed to ignore the plot point when Michael's mother guested in that one episode. If ever there was a great reason for her to object to his marrying Fallon, it would be her family's role in Daddy Culhane's death...but I don't think she brought it up even once.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +245
    I'm just curious to know who the f*** is Alexis going to marry... ( Adriana can't be wrong, she never was.)

Considering the fact that she's got only 10 episodes left to find a beau and tie the knot, she'd better not be too choosey...

Alexis Morell-Carrington-Bothedog ...?

THAT would be one hell of a jaw-dropping cliffhanger.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,259
    Medals:
    I'm still banking on the unlucky groom being Jeff Colby. They'll likely put it off until the end of the season, but since they don't seem to be beefing up his character lately (even as his sister's character is growing by leaps and bounds) I'm guessing he's living on borrowed time. The way his heart monitor machine was skipping and sputtering after the shooting (with no one really acknowledging it during the scenes) made me think he has a heart condition they wanted to introduce but not emphasize...at least not until later when they need him to kick the bucket. Rather than Alexis marrying him in a whirlwind courtship, I think it will be more of a deathbed wish for Alexis to "use my money to destroy Blake". The fight over his fortune will give plenty of screen time to Monica (who should be the rightful heir), and might precipitate the return of Jeff and Monica's mother, as well.

• Agree Agree x 2