1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

nuDynasty Episode Chat S02E12 Filthy Games

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,511
    Medals:
    "Fallon tries to prove she is still at the top of her game; Sam tries to become a better person in an attempt to salvage his drifting relationship with Steven; Alexis schemes to drive a wedge between Blake and Cristal."

2. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,511
    Medals:
    Even when her scheming is effective, Alexis does not yet command respect (or at least fear). Maybe this is why she keeps enlisting dumber-than-dirt guys to help her out--they're the only ones who could think she's clever. She got the job done, but it didn't feel....masterful.

On a shallow note, I liked that white ensemble she was wearing at the end. And that party dress Monica was wearing was her best yet (which is saying a lot).

Someone on the writing staff must really hate Rafael. Or maybe they just hate us?

And they must not have an ounce of understanding about how (much less when) a paternity test on a baby is performed:

"Dear Ms. Jennings: Our tests reveal you will be having....a litter. Best Wishes, The Lab"

Since when does Fallon care what some snarky NYC reporter says about her? She'd just buy the company he works for and have him fired! Maybe she needs to hop back into bed and strike up the band again (only sadder!).

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Medals:
    And watch some more of great grandma Minx's old movies.

4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,155
    Medals:
    Just watched it. I really don't know what to say. What a nightmare. Those last 43 minutes must have been some of the worst of my whole life. I just hope this doesn't cause any permanent brain damage.

On a scale from 1 to 10 i'm giving this episode... a MINUS 4!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,850
    Medals:
    What's happening to Sammy Jo is sadly what happens to gay characters when the writers/producers catch on that teenage girls are starting to latch onto them - desexualised vapid messes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,850
    Medals:
    Actually, she didn't care about the NYC reporter as much as she wanted him to write a story about how successful and sassy she is in an effort to impress Liam.

7. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,842
    Watched this episode this morning while enjoying cornflakes. Seriously the cornflakes was much more enjoyable and they had more crunch then Alexis could muster. When that ridiculous DNA Kit was revealed I half expected a product placement from Ancestry.

How on Earth did this score another season?
    Score: 2/10

I gave 2 points because my friend Bo was a "Special Guest Star." But. I should contact animal welfare for what Tony did to Bo. Shame, shame, shame.

And with that I'm done with this Dynasty reboot. Time to focus on things that really matter....I'm coming Dallas and TNT Dallas threads.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +265
    The whole paternity test was ridiculous plotting, and makes Cristal seem stupid. Why would she confide in Fallon who she's known for 2 minutes, or trust her, or trust the envelope to a maid, or give out the house telephone number as a contact (and not her personal cell phone). Especially since the writers established a smart Cristal with the whole baby Jesus reveal only a couple of episodes earlier.

Unless it's a deliberate homage to some of the ridiculous plotting on original Dynasty.

And yes a smart Fallon could have just bought the publishing house and fired the reporter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,511
    Medals:
    ...or wrote the story she wanted Liam to read, then gave it to him to publish with his name on it.

The irony of course is that if the writer does publish a story about "the" Fallon Carrington being a hot mess in the midst of a break-up and her family company being sold....this might actually be the most marketable, "relatable" bit of PR she could have. Of course she's going to be falling apart--who wouldn't?
    I might be wrong, but I think Alexis altered Cristal's contact info on the test when she...um, adulterated the sample and sent it in.

10. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,871
    Medals:
    Since this Dynasty is so different from the original, I wonder why they felt they had to maintain the famous Krystle/Alexis rivalry.
    Why not turning an unfortunate situation (N. Kelley's exit) into an opportunity for Nicolette Sheridan, and make this the Alexis season?
    Both the actress and character are soap legends, for crying out loud.
    Let her scheme herself back into the dynasty, only to take it ALL away towards the end of the season. Hello, Lady Ashley. Or Lady Petra De Vilbis.

Oh well, they probably realize that this show is only interesting for Elizabeth Gillies fans. (the positive IMDb reviews are mostly based on that very fanship).

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Medals:
    Fallon and Sam Joe are the stars fer shur.

And can anyone remind me of what the explanation was for switching Cristals?? I still say both Cristals will duke it out eventually.

12. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,842
    Well that was a few episodes ago. Next week the writers will probably have Cristal back to her intelligent self and proclaim to Blake the DNA results are in and she is expecting twins. One of those babies is Blakes while the other one belongs to Mark Jennings. Alexis will outdo her usual comedy act and proclaim the DNA results cannot be true as Bo the dog is the father. Meanwhile Fallon will lounge around, rolling her eyes and telling off the crusty old bartender for screwing up her drink while screaming at the band to play sadder....

Band.jpg

Sam will buy another - to die for - pair of sneakers while still pouting for Steven. Kirby will sit down with her laptop in the kitchen and write up a new operating system to rival Windows 10. Anders will do what, I'm not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Who wrote that sh*t ?? I mean, they merge Tony and Morgan Hess' characters !!
    What next ? Merging Miles Colby and Henderson the butler ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,875
    In reality, Sammy Jo would've had sex with that delicious friend of his that Fallon caught him smooching in the library. And it wouldn't have been a big deal, since Steven is probably doing the same wherever he is. In fact, if Steven were still there, both of them would've had sex with him. At the same time.

At least that's what I'm told your average red-blooded young gay couple would do. :cool1

I'm not sure if they're catering to teenage girls in love with Sammy or they're simply being super-careful not to portray a gay couple as overtly sexualized, because the LGBTQ... PC police would be all over them.

Sheesh! I could hardly say the show is as addictive and enjoyable as some of the past soaps managed to become at their creative peaks, but is it that screamingly bad? I just don't see it. Maybe my watching Riverdale and Dynasty back-to-back -- an evening I truly look forward to each week -- is the spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. GillesDenver

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Of course it's really bad. Week after week it's just another filler episode with no plot advancement and childlish character development.

Season 1 was far superior, especially the last episodes.

16. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,155
    Medals:
    Yes, this episode was indeed very very very bad to my taste. I don't say that about the whole show, as this really varies highly from week to week.
    I was at that point where i found a kind of "regularity" in there, where one week of very bad writing was followed by a decent episode.
    But that's not valid anymore, as episode 11 last week was pretty bad as well. But there have been quite decent and enjoyable episodes this season.
    But when i sit in front of the screen finding myself peeking at the runtime every few minutes to see, how much longer this shit is going to last... that can't be a positive sign. ;)

I really didn't pay attention to who wrote which episode, but maybe i should in future. Because it can't be a coincindence, that some episodes are okay-ish to decent, where others are really utterly bad stinkers. This season seems extremly inconsistant to me, one week Paulsen, the other week Pollocksian bullshit.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  17. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Medals:
    I really agree with this. Although I held nuDYNASTY to no standard when it started, I'm really not seeing this wild fluctuation in quality from episode to episode that others are.

Heh. It all seems somewhere in between to me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GillesDenver

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    The worst of the Pollocks was better than that. NuDynasty is slightly better than season 6A and yet not as good as its best (crazy) moments.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,850
    Medals:
    Both, probably - let's be honest here, it's not just desexualised, but he's also portrayed as a complete ditz. Original Sammy Jo might not have had a brilliant mind, but she was a schemer and a grifter. Now they're having Sammy Jo be an... influencer. I guess that's fitting in a way since they're the grifters of our time, but still. They clearly want him to be in every episode but are having major trouble with coming up with things for him to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,842
    Yes. And it's why I have drawn a line with "Filthy Games." For those enjoying this reboot you see something I don't..but that's okay. It's clear the producers/writers don't have this viewer in mind and that's okay as well. I'll move onto something else :)

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1