nuDynasty Episode Chat S02E08 A Real Instinct for the Jugular

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by tommie, Dec 7, 2018.

?

How do you rate this episode?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2018.
  1. 10 stars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9 stars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8 stars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7 stars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6 stars

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 5 stars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4 stars

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. 3 stars

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  9. 2 stars

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  10. 1 star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +737
    I feel no attachment to any of the characters on this show. I want to, I keep tuning in hoping to like them or want to see more of a particular storyline, but then I end up just underwhelmed.

Fallon tries way too hard to be sassy and "in control" but it always falls flat.
    Blake and Cristal's engagement came way too quickly, not just for the characters but for the plot and audience too, like we barely even know new Cristal, why do we care if she stays or goes? Blake is lame too, he never comes across as all that powerful or interesting.
    I wish they'd give Alexis more power and presence, it's not like NS isn't capable of playing that character.
    I couldn't care less what the Colby's do, Jeff or Monica, most of the time they feel like they exist in a different world anyway.
    Michael is boring me too. I can't even remember why he continues to be involved with Ada, I'm clearly not that engaged with the plot.

There are other characters but I have so little to say about them. If this wasn't called Dynasty I'd have probably stopped watching. I keep watching hoping it gets better and appreciating the very small nods they give to the original, that's the one thing I really appreciate, the writers clearly watched the original, even if they aren't replicating anything near the entertainment level of the original.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    We've spoken a lot about the reincarnation of Alexis but what of Blake? This version is a powder puff compared to John Forsythe's portrayal...and that's saying something. The new version of Blake does what exactly? I'm stumped. There appears to be no business to run and he pops out of nowhere within the Carrington mansion, adds his two cents worth to the inane conversation between whoever, and that's it....oh and takes Bo for walkies...but that's a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,272
    The problem is that same as TNT Dallas left people thinking THAT was what Dallas was, the reboot, though with 0.2 ratings (the lowest on network TV save for the already cancelled "My crazy ex girlfriend") will leave people thinking THAT was what Dynasty was. With both shows, even though the ratings dwindled, the references to it in the media and social media were/are magnified. So even if the show is not yet cancelled (the Netflix deal helps in that), it does destroy any chance of other reincarnations of Dynasty from people who would care to do something closer to the original's spirit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,050
    Medals:
    Pfft. More people seem to be aware of O.Dynasty than they are of NuDynasty, I honestly doubt that'll be a problem. But who knows, maybe you're right. Maybe we'll all never get the Dynasty we want. Anything can happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,272
    I think a prequel mini-series would be great and could be done, but I don't feel excited about another reboot or a continuation (most of the original actors are too old and the children were not developed enough to matter).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,050
    Medals:
    I wouldn't mind if @Snarky's Ghost 's version got made into another remake... only I'd keep Amanda alive, have a triangle with her, Fallon and Jeff in Season 8 (instead of with Leslie) and have her run off at the end of the season with Steven because she found out she's pregnant with Jeff's baby - thus creating a cycle as Jeff carries on his father's legacy of impregnating two sisters.

Amanda and Steven would return in the Season 9 finale just in time to see Mother Dearest and Uncle Dex plummeting off the balcony.

And have it be Krystle who runs for governor in Season 8... and possibly win.

And Cecil would remain alive for Season 3, but he does die towards the end. Season 4's horror/noir motif would be heightened by Krystle going through with her investigation of Alexis having something to do with Cecil's death.

And Joseph never dies.

And the Adam/Kirby romance would play out differently: she never plans on killing Alexis, but instead intends to make her suffer by forcing her to watch as "the majordomo's grandchildren" grew up to become Carrington heirs. So in Season 5, just as Alexis is meddling in the love lives of Steven (getting him with Luke) and Amanda (getting her with Prince Michael), she does so with Adam in getting him to break up with Kirby.

And... well, I think I babbled on enough already. :lol:

Hmmm... and I just imagined there being a prequel series that's filmed at more or less the same time as the 'present' show, in order for there to be better continuity. Only that would beg the question: would the same actors play the 'older' characters as well as their younger counterparts, or would we need to cast younger actors to play in the prequel?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,735
    Medals:
    Well, I would mind. They can't equal the original's casting --- that's what made it a success anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    I agree. This reboot is so bad it makes original Dynasty look Shakespearean in terms of quality. Original Dynasty may have had its faults but in years to come it will dwarf Peach Dynasty to the point of this reboot never to be discussed again.

9. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    As long as we place our Richard Channing in charge. His Dynasty trailers are sublime and present how I envisage a prequel would look and feel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  10. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,272
    If anything, Richard Channing's old footage of the original actors shows one of the reasons that made the casting so successful: each of the older ones imbued their roles with their own legacy and tradition. And the younger ones (Al Corley, Pamela Sue Martin. Pamela Bellwood) looked like they would be able to follow in their footsteps.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +149
    Is it too late to reboot this reboot and make this entire season a coma dream sequence of Celia's/Cristal's (or even Celia/Cristal with a new face)?? :dance::spinning::byebye:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    An interesting idea and warrants some discussion. What I mean by that is; Peach Dynasty has not re-visited the cliffhanger from last season. I know there has been small-ish talk about that horrific fire but it really hasn't been talked about by the characters in depth. This could mean one of two things.

1. The producers were so annoyed by Nathalie's spoiler response after being let go they never wish to revisit the past....or
    2. Celia may make a shocking return just when we least expect it...
    ...friends and family gather at Atlanta's finest Church to witness the union of Blake and Nu-Cristal. The standard exchange of wedding vows takes place until we reach the point when the Minister asks, "if anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Suddenly the doors of the Church are flung open. Those in attendance are surprised. Both Blake and Cristal are puzzled as this veiled character stands in the doorway. They're even more puzzled when Alexis walks in behind this veiled character. They both begin the long march to the altar. Whispers follow them. The camera turns to Fallon. "What is my mother up to now?"

Alexis and her unknown companion approach Blake and Cristal. Then the unknown lifts her veil (a classic soap move) and removes her hat, revealing a horrific burn victim. The camera returns to Fallon, "That's my step-mother!"

©

• Like Like x 2
  13. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    a fancy apartment off the boulevard St. Michel
    Ratings:
    +20,174
    Medals:
    [​IMG]

14. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I wish I could marry this post. That would be beyond awesome if this could actually happen on the show. But unfortunately the chances of Celia Machado coming back in any way, shape or form at this point are so astronomical that it's pretty much unlikely to happen at this point. Since a lot of people seem to consider Cristal 2.0 a major flop in many social media websites, including Facebook, I think they would be extremely thrilled and overjoyed if she were to somehow come back. And if the writers really wanted to, it would be pretty easy to bring her back.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    Interesting to read many feel Nu-Cristal is not working. If only the writers of Nu-Dynasty didn't present Cristal/Celia with such hostility from the outset we may still have Nathalie. It was only towards the backend of season 1 and we saw the softening of Cristal/Celia that I began to warm to her. But those stupid focus groups not privileged to watching the full season were adamant they did not like Nu-Cristal and so she was let go. Much the same for Steven this season I'm afraid.

This version of Dynasty has no clear structure in story. The characters are all over the place. Where was the follow up after the shocking revelation Anders is the father of Steven? Why hasn't Blake manned up and banished Alexis from ever again entering the Carrington mansion? I was half expecting a major bitch scene between these two but its been swept under the carpet along with Bo's deposits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Yeah of course the cast are doing it for the money, they are probably glad they have regular jobs. Even Stephanie Beacham admitted that she was on The Colbys for the paycheck and the material on that soap was superior to nu Dynasty.

Plus the cast and crew must be a hoot given how friendly the Instagram posts seem to be.

I think we should just take nu dynasty for what it is and go with the flow.

If we want to watch Old Dynasty then stick to season 2.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,161
    Stick to Season 2 or stop at Season 2?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Just watch Season 2 on a loop, it's perfection.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2