nuDynasty Episode Chat S0210 A Champagne Mood

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by tommie, Jan 16, 2019.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,246
    Medals:
    Unlike when Fallon sees a cast of lesbian Footballers, they're all in a CHAMPAGNE MOOD this coming Friday!

Yay!

(but Fallon's totes cool with lesbians)

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,302

Perish the thought but will we see Blake, Anders and Sam decked out in all their camouflage finery and attempt a rescue mission?​

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,315
    Medals:
    5 seconds of dialog and she rolled her eyes again. Same old, same old.
    Guess we're up for another exciting trip to orange layer county deep in the Atlanta woods, aka Paragay.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    My thoughts exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    Live-blogging Quick thoughts:
    Cristal's reaction to the news didn't seem happy (as in "my plan has worked" happy).
    Jeff's "I'm going to find a way to make you pay for this..." while his heart monitor machine kept going wacky does not bode well.
    Fallon marches off to war against...a vacuum cleaner!

(and that's just what's prior to the opening titles!)

6. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    Alexis being excluded from the foundation party reminds me of Lucy not being allowed into Ricky's act at the club.
    "I'm just glad you're past the age to bear children. Now all you can destroy are...blank canvasses." [Anders licks finger, writes "one" in the air]
    Cristal, darling...the only thing more gross that carrying around a pee stick in your purse is carrying around a used pee stick in your purse. No wonder you're not in a champagne mood.

LIAM!!! :hats:[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    STEVEN!! :omg:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +274
    This was really good. I have to give a shout out to whoever is styling The Colby’s. I love their over the top outfits steeped in culture. Monica looked flawless both visiting Jeff in his hospital bed and at the charity gala. That hair was flawless. I really wish they’d develop her more. I’m glad the hunt go out girl Millie is finally on. It gives Jeff and Monica something to do and hopefully Dominique is more interesting than she was on the original (due to lack of story, not portrayal).

I was completely shocked to see Steven. I expected him presumed dead at least for a few episodes. I really don’t know what to expect since I didn’t see that coming. Clearly there is something he’s taking care of that must be top secret. Finding Adam perhaps? I wonder if anybody knows what he’s truly up to.

My only complaint was that we saw far too little of Alexis. I like the new actress playing Cristal but I’m a little bored with her. I think I’d like that story better if it were a true triangle with Alexis included. For one it’s different and maybe Cristal would be more interesting with real competition.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,117
    Medals:
    Maybe she can run for governor.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    Not a bad episode. At least this one had rhythm as we moved from one scene to another until Jeff decides to have a near death experience. This I could do without as it reminds me too much of Fallons Wizard of Oz experience. Is this writing team fixated on this kind of visual as it cheapens the storytelling. I'd prefer if they allow the characters to tell the story about past heartbreaks. The outdoor scene between Blake and Jeff regarding Dominique is how to do this, not Jeff decked out in all white.

Great to see Liam back. The moment he appears everything about new Dynasty relaxes and so does Fallon. Why is it numerous soapchat posters have a fondness for the character/actor but the producers don't?

I'm still not feeling a vibe between Blake and Cristal. Funny thing is. Looking back at season 1 I think Blake and Cristal/Celia had more chemistry. I'll argue that Cristal/Celia had spark whereas this new version of Cristal is bland.

The whole, "Whose the daddy?" thing is boring. I've seen this a zillion times and I'm kind of over it. There is nothing shocking about the paternity of a child anymore. This is the bread and butter of daytime soaps. Could explain why daytime soaps are a dying breed. How many more ways can we have someone exclaiming, "You're the father!"

I'm not liking the character of Sam anymore. For someone aching for his husband to return he doesn't appear to hesitate in sharing his tongue with another guy - and it's not the first. One thing I was thankful for was Fallon catching him. I hope it changes the dynamic between those two.

Who could imagine that Alexis would be sidelined. It's clear the writers have no clue what to do with this character and are still making the grave mistake of using her for comedy effect. Why? I just wish to know. It doesn't help Nicolette is being directed to play it this way. She is better than this. I'm afraid the writers will make the same mistake with the imminent arrival of Dominique. Monique proclaiming to Jeff that she will be nothing but trouble reminds me of Kirby. Speaking of which. Where was she?

Great to see Steven back and the producers decided not to recast. I'm liking the air of mystery surrounding his character at the moment and I hope the writers have something big planned.

Overall not a bad episode. I haven't seen Bo (the dog) for a little while, that's a bummer.

Rating; 6/10

11. ChrisSumner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +274
    With Cristal I’ve seen this a few times on the daytime soaps. I feel the new actress is technically a better actress, but the other actress had more charisma and chemistry with the cast. She couldn’t act for shit, but her beauty and chemistry with the cast carried her through.

I agree with Alexis but at this point I’ve just accepted that’s who she is. I’d drive myself crazy otherwise considering what a fan I am Of Sheridan. It is a shame though because she can handle more. Even Desperate Housewives was slapstick but I recall when Marcia Cross was on maternity leave and they boosted her role she did well. Same with Knots going up against bigger actors. I hope Dominique doesn’t suffer the same fate, which would make twice for that character.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Medals:
    I didn't think much of this, since shows like this will 'lighten the load' for an actor when/if they're heavily featured in the next episode. Now that she (and everyone else) knows Cristal's preggers, I'm sure Alexis will be going into overdrive trying to drive Cristal and Blake apart.

There is so little 'concern' from those around Blake about the speed of the Cristal/Blake relationship. Remember how Anders was breathing down Celia's neck 24/7 when the family found out she and Blake were engaged? His raison d'etre was holding her secret-identity secret over her head, giving her the stink-eye at every opportunity because, as Anders and most everyone regarded her as a gold-digger/interloper. He behaved as if the entire Carrington fortune was at stake, and he wasn't about to let just anyone become the Second Mrs. Carrington. Flash forward one year, and Anders seems totally unconcerned about Cristal 'moving in' on Blake (literally and figuratively) and becoming engaged to Blake in record time. Arguably, Celia would have thrown up fewer red flags than Cristal, since she had been working for C-A for some time and was well-known to most of the higher-ups at the company. Cristal just shows up out of seemingly nowhere and captivates grieving widower Blake, and no one (not even Anders) seems all that concerned as she makes herself comfortable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,246
    Medals:
    I don't mind Alexis being side-lined this episode because anything, a huge part of the problem with original Dynasty was that it became "Alexis throwing random insults that make little sense at people". It's funny in hindsight, but not what I want nuDynasty to be. If anything, I suspect Alexis will get into the action now that she knows Cristal is pregnant. And from what the show has set up, she certainly has ways of harming Cristal - will she bring on Mark? Or will she shoot that infamous gun?

14. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,514
    Because they are tone deaf when it comes to audience reception?

Consistency is a foreign language for peach Dynasty.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,838
    Medals:
    There's a difference between consistency and repetition.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,117
    Medals:
    I liked Sam Joe and that new black guy.

17. ChrisSumner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +274
    I did too. I was hoping they wouldn’t immediately jump into bed because he could potentially be an interesting spoiler long term. Technically Fallon stopped them from having sex, but having her already read the guys motives kinda drains dramatic tension from the scenario. We probably won’t ever see him again though so I guess it doesn’t matter lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Snarky's Ghost

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,117
    Medals:
    Which is the intention. The Hispanic guy had to go immediately for the same reasons.

Steven and Sam Joe were allowed to go on as long as they did because, though likeable, they don't really read as a real couple; hence, it's desexualized.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +169
    Well, it appears that Tony will show up beginning in episode 12 and a Mark shows up in the same episode; however, his last name is showing as Sallinger and not Jennings - perhaps a different Mark.

20. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I see Fallon finding out about Culhane's actions was just the reason that she was waiting for to end things with him. If she really wanted to be with him right now, I don't think she would've completely ended things the way that she did.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019