nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E13 - Nothing But Trouble

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Feb 8, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Olympics cliffhanger until Dynasty returns in its new timeslot on Friday, March 9th :dance:

2. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    POOR DEAD PSYCHO SUICIDAL TED

3. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Oh my God, yes! Ted is finally gone! We won't have to see his ugly, scruffy looking face ever again. But suicide definitely wasn't the way I expected him to go. Seriously, when was the last time soaps covered a subject like suicide? And apparently he got obsessed over Steven and wanted to win him back. Creepy.

Anyways, I got to say, this is literally the first time ever that I actually bought Fallon & Monica's friendship. I mean, they actually acted like real friends. Too bad Monica was colluding with Jeff to win Fallon back so that he can destroy her and her family. Honestly, is it me or I just don't really buy that Fallon actually loves Jeff? And this is not just because I'm an avid Michael/Fallon fan.

I mean, basically Fallon was all set to marry him because she thought he cared for her and he saved her, (well, Michael saved you too, duh!). But then at the end I was blown away when Fallon actually saw the voice messages from Jeff that Sammy Jo sent on her phone. So looks like the jig is up for Jeff now and Fallon and Michael are now going to get revenge on Jeff. Not gonna lie, I was so excited when I realized that that I screamed so loud and I'm pretty sure I freaked out a couple of the neighbors in the process. LOL! They must have thought the way I was acting like I won the lottery or something!

Anyways, I'm hoping that now the show is setting the foundation for an eventual Michael/Fallon reunion and I hope Fallon soon realizes that she actually does love Michael as much as he clearly seems to love her, (especially after the way that Michael declared his love for her). I mean, even if Fallon was beginning to "catch feelings" for Jeff, whatever she felt for Jeff now is clearly gone with the whole discovery of this scheme he's been planning all along.

I really hope Fallon & Michael still have a chance at a real relationship and Michael needs to do the right thing and break up with Monica because he clearly doesn't love her.

Speaking of which, why does Michael think Monica was being played too? Shouldn't Fallon be really mad that Monica practically stabbed her in the back after everything she's tried to do for her, including buying her that club they used to hang out back in college? I mean, is Fallon really going to be able to forgive Monica when all is said and done?

Also, I'm beginning to see that there's definitely a clear evolution going on in Fallon's character. It's pretty subtle but you can really tell she's growing and changing as a person and this episode was the first time ever where she actually seemed to act like a real person. I don't know if it's because Liz Gillies is actually getting better as an actress or the writing's getting better or maybe it's a bit of both.

Oh yeah, and that stunt that Anders did where he framed Cecil for stabbing that guard? Who know he could be so sneaky? And I really love Steven & Cristal's relationship. Clearly Steven adores Cristal a lot more than Fallon ever has or probably ever will.

Also, is it me, or is Monica kind of hesitating with the scheme she's participating in with Jeff? Because Jeff was kind of pushing her to continue with the plan and Monica was freaking out about her dad blowing her chance at yet another shot at parole. That made me think that perhaps at some point Monica will turn on her brother when the going gets tough and probably grovel on her knees and beg for Fallon's forgiveness.

Also, I still can't believe Jeff slept with that parole board commissioner lady! I'm now even more convinced he's worse than Blake; it's pretty clear to me now that Jeff doesn't have any genuine feelings for Fallon at all. They're literally playing him straight.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,687
    Seeing that bizarre suit jacket Jeff wore for most of the episode, "playing him straight" was not the term I would have used.

I think a better name for this episode would have been "Suitable For Framing," seeing how they had not one but two people willingly inflict pain/death on themselves in order to make someone else look guilty of the "crime". That prison guard sure did stab himself with gusto; Anders must have something good on that guy as well, because no amount of money would have made me do that to myself. As for poor, flat Ted...he was high as a kite, so his motivations are murky at best. Sam will at least get a vocabulary lesson: "Can you say 'defenestration'?"

I really liked how they managed to cook up some really good cliffhangers for the hiatus, but didn't toss them in just for the sake of it. I liked that Fallon did not go very long being played by Jeff/Monica. I liked the vibe between Cristal and her reporter-friend, even the kiss at the end. She's a complex woman and should not lose that complexity in order to become Mrs. Carrington Stepford Wife. Nothing else has to happen, of course, but what if it did? Now that Cesil is out, we will see what he's really about. Instead of relying on the versions of him related by Jeff and by Blake, we will see how he reacts to having his freedom. I've always assumed the real story is somewhere in between, but there has to be some larger "stake" involved in this feud for Blake to go to so much trouble, and for Cesil to have allowed his son to carry this grudge on Cesil's behalf for so long---and especially for keeping the whole plan away from Monica until last week. I keep coming back to the idea that Monica is actually Blake's, but I don't want to keep repeating it so much that I start to accept it as a fact. Alexis was around when all this went down, so her input will likely solve a lot of the mystery.

I wonder if Fallon will continue to play along with the "engagement" believing she can turn the tables on Jeff--by taking HIS fortune from HIM once they marry?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Maybe Alexis could be the root of the feud, she, and Blake spilitup at the same time, Cesil went to prison.

In the original, we had the conflict over whether Cesil, or blake was Fallon's father.

6. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    This should be the series finale. No back 9. I doubt the next 9 will be enough to bring ratings up.

With that window open, you just knew he was gonna fall out. I didn't expect him to jump. Sammy Jo should have pushed him or something. I didn't like that ending.

Again, hate Jeff, Monica and Cesil.

If the show makes it to episode 22...

Write the trio off!

Whether it's renewed or not, write the trio off!

Maybe we won't have to hear anymore of Fallon with "My company" or "My office" if it's renewed. She seems to always, always, always mention that to Jeff or Monica, and there are no workers! It's empty. Beats me how she got the business woman of the year award...

7. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    WTF?! Why oh why Cristal???
    vlcsnap-2018-02-09-10h51m39s961.png

This scene make me wonder what Cristal is thinking about her marriage to Blake... It's a vengeance for Blake's lies? It's a way to keep Rick on her side for Steven's campaign?

8. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,042
    Or how the "writers" of this show (aka monkeys in possession of a keyboard) regret killing Matthew and the potential real conflict in Krystle Cristal he brought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Soapwriter12

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Esther suggested killing off Matthew in the pilot.

10. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,042
    I don't know if she did. And if Esther did, whether it was her or dementia talking.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Soapwriter12

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    look up Sellie patricks interviews, and it was an Esther Shapiro suggestion.

12. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,063
    I bet she is! What else would that affair in the past been good for? :D
    Oh by the way, did they mention the name of Cecils (ex?)wife already? Is it Sable??

I loved the episode and hope the opening credits are back foor good now - and that they include Nicollette, once she's on the show.

So i guess that was the actual intended cliffhanger for season 1, before they expanded it to 22 eps?
    The only thing i didn't like was Cristal kissing that guy, because i don't want her to cheat on Blake - at least not that early in their marriage!
    Loved that Fallon found out about Jeff already.
    But she will marry him anyway (hopefully to destroy him) because there will be another marriage soon, as we all know because of that Atlanta casting-callout for wedding-guests.;)
    I bet Alexis will show up for Fallons wedding.
    I must say the show grew on me these final two episodes.
    And i'm glad i don't have to download it from illegal sources anymore because it's finally on Netflix in Germany! :dance:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  13. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Well, either that or due to Ted going flying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,063
    Ah yes, that could be as well. To testify in court, with a big white hat. Or will it be a black hat this time? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I demand a big entrance. And a big hat. And a big trial. I demand a big nod to the original. It has to be as big as the original (well sort of...) . Or I quit for good.
    I refuse a close up on a pair of Louboutin getting off a limo.
    Enough with clichés.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I think Alexis will show up mostly for Steven's impending trial and she'll probably find out about Fallon's wedding the minute she gets back to America. I doubt Blake would have the decency to even inform her anyway.

What worries me even more now is that since this show seems to be finally finding its footing that the move to Fridays would not only destroy the momentum it seems to be building up to this point but it will also cause ratings to drop down sharply and I feel like the impending revamping might actually make things a lot worse than they are already. Also I really don't want this show to defang Fallon and make her out to be a total moron at the last minute just so Alexis can go and save the day. Now that would be really stupid. But that's what Michael is for I guess. So that hopefully Fallon's revenge plot doesn't ultimately backfire on her at the last minute and Jeff actually ends up winning, forcing Alexis to have to come to the rescue. I don't want Fallon to end up becoming the type of character that can't do anything without her mommy to hold her hand every time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,063
    But i'm afraid this will be exactly what we're going to get! First the heels ... then Alexis ... combined once again of course with that silly "dun-dun *snap*"-music. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +69

Oh yeah... the dun dun snap crap is the cerise on the forêt noire...

Is their ass so tight they can't afford a compositor...? I didn't expect a Ramin Djawadi, let alone a Bill Conti, but a somebody able to produce something that sounds like music... I could play it myself with my cheap keyboard (I tried to learn a bit of music until my teacher hanged himself)

Dominique Devereaux 's theme was so beautiful, mysterious, exotic, elegant (my favorite theme and my favorite character: )

Claudia's too ( nostalgic and weird and really fitted the character's neurosis: )

I guess Nicolexis is going to make her big entrance through a dun dun snap.

Dumb dumb (Dynasty) snap.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,532
    Or should she arrive in a helicopter?

20. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,912
    But Fallon has been nothing but an epic moron from the show started? Have you not been watching? She's a dumb child. I don't see how they can make her any worse. In fact she can only improve when Alexis shows up. I'm hoping it makes them make Fallon Stronger and less of snarky child when Alexis enters.