nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e04: Private As A Circus

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by tommie, Nov 2, 2017.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,103
    Medals:
    No.

But they've already alluded to there being an Alexis, who is cast is anyone's idea.

How basic do you have to get to get this discussion?

2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,240
    Medals:
    VERY basic! :D

3. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +134
    It's gonna be someone like Heather Locklear, Lisa Rinna, Laura Leighton, Shannon Doherty (she's cancer free now?) Someone from either 90210 or Melrose Place for sure. Someone from one of those nighttime soaps is my best guess. Maybe the villain from Revenge? Madeline Stowe or whatever actress played that woman. I doubt it's gonna be someone like Jennifer Love Hewitt from Party Of Five. Maybe Susan Lucci?

4. Carrie Fairchild

Carrie Fairchild Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,693
    Medals:
    I've seen a few episodes so I'm aware of the references to the character on the show. It's what @Alexis mentioned above that I was thinking of.

5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,103
    Medals:
    Bwahahahahahahaha. I remember mocking her FLOP series "Time of Your Life" that replaced Melrose.

BRING IT ON!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +7,241
    Medals:
    I've kept an open mind about this reboot and didn't have high expectations. And those expectations have pretty much been met. I'm feeling increasingly 'meh' about the whole thing. Cristal is seriously getting on my nerves, and although I do like Grant Show, he's just not convincing when it comes to showing Blake's darker side. He just comes across as a nice guy pretending. He can't do fury and tyranny the way Forsythe could.

Also, I think it's really overkill the way they are constantly dangling the carrot of Alexis. If the actress turns out to be a dud I think it will seal the fate of the show, as viewers will leave in droves if she turns out to be a disappointment after all this hype.

Say what you want about Dallas TNT, and I had plenty to say about it at the time, but at least it didn't leave me bored and indifferent. Watching Dynasty I increasingly find myself checking my phone or not really paying attention. It's just not compelling viewing unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,486
    Medals:
    They aren't even attempting to make it serious or even semi-serious. It's all so light hearted and frivolous. There isn't anything at stake, no real sense of tension. It's like bla... I don't really care. It's the silly comedy and juvenile tone of it. I get that they are aiming it at a younger audience but why do they assume that that younger audience are brain dead? Fallon is becoming unbearable, Blake is too fluffy and Cristal just has none of the grace and class of Krystle. She's tacky and silly. The sex tape thing was off putting. I don't think the writers were successful in showing that she was a complicated character who got involved with the wrong man, Matthew. To me it just seemed she was trashy. Claudia is kind of pointless. Steven is being played by a pretty bad actor. He does this weird childish Disney channel acting a lot of the time. Those big bug eyes over doing everything. Also he appears to be doing a bad impression of Seth Cohen from The O.C sometimes which is bizarre as it's like he's trying to play Steven as a 19 year old when he's clearly a lot older. It's just like a general dumbing down of everyone. An over simplification, as if people couldn't deal with any sort of complexity. That's just awful writing. The original show had that in spades of course, but it didn't begin that way so you could still latch on to those characters because you knew who they really were.
    Here right out the gate everyone is just underwhelming. You don't really want to see what happens in their lives. You just know it's all dumb silliness.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +134

I feel the character of Jeff is a waste. Big waste. "Hi. Fallon. Your company, you're calling it what? I'm gonna go swim!" Very boring.Michael is at least a little more interesting that him!

9. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,153
    Medals:
    The story itself isn't that bad (not great either) and because it's still Dynasty (sort of) I'm curious to know what will happen next.
    But I'm not sure if I still want to watch these characters (and actors).
    It's not surprising that Fallon never listens to anything Monica has to say.
    Even Anders' constant bitching starts to wear off. He does it all the time and it makes him look like a one-dimensional character.

I still like Steven as he seems to be the only who cares what's going on (and act like it).
    And of course it should have been Michael's sextape, you know, like the other Michael.
    [​IMG]

And I've changed my mind about the opening credits, it looks awful - but the music is OK.

So far, so good, I guess:popcorn:

10. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Actor/Writer
    Ratings:
    +134
    Morgan Fairchild? Ana Alicia? I don't think Nicolette Sheridan will play her! I strongly doubt that! I think a name like Morgan Fairchild, maybe a better chance.

Okay, now I'm just naming names from 80's soaps who were around Blake's age back then!

11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,240
    Medals:
    But it seems that nuAlexis doesn't care for her children AT ALL. Fallon said she even spelled Stevens name wrong in one letter. :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,153
    Medals:
    Original Alexis' hatred for Blake and Krystle was stronger than her love for her children, at least that's how I saw it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Not seen yet. No hurry... :)

But reading your words comforts me in my opinion... The storyline is still cliché and as light as a feather... So Sammy Jo is going to get the phone? Like he was the mastermind behind the robbery? What a surprise... As we say in France: C'est cousu de fil blanc... (Sewed with white sewing thread...?)

So Alexis is mentioned again. It reminds me the Pam-carrot Cidre dangled in Dallas... They better have found a grade A Alexis, because the more we hear the name, the higher expectations are ... And I don't think a star, whoever she is, would be a good choice. Joan Collins was no star. Nobody was (before the prestigious Special Guest Star era) and it created some sort of a balance... John Forsythe and Joan Collins were on an equal footing. Sophia Loren would have been a huge mistake... John F. would have been thrown back to supporting actors area. And HE was the leading actor. Dynasty was lucky the great Miss Loren refused.
    If a big Somebody were chosen (a Morgan Fairchild, a Nicolette Sheridan) the whole cast would be shadowed by the Star's charisma... A cast needs alchemy, a balance once again.
    And they desperately need a good actress. Joan was (is!) a stage actor. This is WHERE you learn how to act ... (Well ok... I'm a stage actor, but I guess everybody will agree with that point : Alexis part has to be over acted. If Alexis is still Alexis in that reboot... )
    Please, it's high time for Alexis to enter... Quick.
    And no Locklear, no Ana-Alicia, no Priscilla Presley (Just kidding)
    Somebody able to save the show, the way Joan saved it once upon a time. But somebody new, amazing, surprising... UNEXPECTED. The show needs talent, not fame.
    Did Mr Spelling ever regretted to hire Mrs B-Movie-Hammer horror films-Ants fighter?
    I don't think so.
    This Dynasty desperately needs to surprise us. Big time.
    Alexis is its last chance...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +4,882
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Thanks for the info about the "other" Michael... :rolleyes::dance:

15. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,153
    Medals:
    [​IMG]

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  16. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,486
    Medals:
    Morgan Fairchild? She's like what? 70 something? I'm all for her being a sassy cougar seductress but lets not be silly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,486
    Medals:
    Who's this other Michael?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,486
    Medals:
    On Natasha Taylor Bryson's video reviews of NuDynasty episode 3 she seems to think Catherine Zeta Jones could be in the running to play Alexis? That would be amazing but they couldn't afford her surely?

19. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,144
    This is why Lorimar Dallas and original Dynasty worked....well before the real silliness crept in. Dallas and to a lesser extent Dynasty played it straight. The actors played it straight, despite the dialogue. It's a fine balance but if the creative minds behind Dynasty 2.0 don't fully understand going in how this series is to be presented then how the hell do the viewers accept it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,144
    Now there is a name out of left field. Never would of thought of Catherine but I can picture her playing that role. Whether The CW could afford her salary is another question but this is exactly the kind of name Dynasty 2.0 needs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1