nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e02: Spit It Out

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by JROG, Oct 19, 2017.

1. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,550
    Discuss! What did y'all think?

2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,791
    1). Are we to assume Alexis killed Matthew?

2). Did we see someone's name in the closing credits, however briefly... ;)

3. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +360
    So, I guess the funeral tongue-fight was kinda good.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +360
    1.) Huh?

2.) Who?

5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,791
    Just wondering if the ex-wife had Matthew killed to start trouble. oldAlexis arrived on oldDYNASTY because of a murder, after all, and then committed one herself in just weeks.

It is obvious these producers actually saw oldDYNASTY (Esther's almost 90, so who knows if they actually have to prop her up). I thought Cristal quoting oldMatthew's hillside pilot dialogue was a nice touch -- and they even named this episode after it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  6. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,050
    Here are some random items:

Cristal had another identity, that of Celia Machado. I am guessing there is a criminal past associated with that name, hence the big dark secret Joseph knows.

They are apparently writing Fallon to be there for the comedy more or less. The actress looks like she can deliver the lines, but when they momentarily give her some line that is meant to be taken seriously, it comes across as a teenager on Jerry Springer delivered it.

There is tension between Cristal and Blake in the beginning, and I thought his giving away her things from Matthew would make things even more tense, but instead she turns into a Carrington spin machine AND gets horny during a funeral after having spat it out. But that doesn't mean things can't get tense again in the next episode between them if the producers want them to, because (to quote Blake from classic Dynasty), who remembers yesterday?

Even though Sammy Jo told him he stole some hundreds of dollars and was ok with it last episode, in this episode Steven is upset Sam used one of his swimsuits. Unless he was upset that he did not swim naked (where I would have been in his corner) this makes as much sense as all the other non-nonsensical things on the episode. There are some clearer shades of the old Sammy Jo in this one: he just wants to be pampered and has no intention of getting a job, and he conned his way into the Carringtons.

Monique has some cleaver lines and commentary, but overall I am not seeing the Colbys really getting their share of screen time. If they are nor with a Carrington or discussing one, they are out of sight out of mind.

Why was there tension between Steven and Blake before? Here he is voluntarily throwing shade at Claudia to undermine her accusations. Of course it ends up biting him in the butt. Karma is a bitch.

Claudia sure calmed down fast. Whatever she is on, must be good.

Poor Walter. They did not even get his name right in the reboot--just that he was fat. Let's call him Willie.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,810
    I do like that they're at least trying to give Blake some edge where he actually does despicable things, but not so that you'd have to scream for Cristal to get out of there. Blake in season 1 was too evil and it was just a bit unbelievable that Krystle would stay with him. By season four, his fangs were reduced to bursting into random rooms yelling "Damn it Alexis". Giving Claudia Matthews things were deliciously passive-aggressive, under the pretense that he did something nice for Claudia of course.

Of course they keep falling into modern-day traps of having to show how sexy naughty and passionate they are by having sex at the wake - something I just rolled my eyes at, but in all honesty, somehow I didn't expect anything less.

The Colby's... well I don't know what to make of them, then again, them being sidelined for now seems fair enough. I don't need them to take up more space at this moment.

Fallon makes me laugh, but then again, she also makes a perfect case as to why Blake didn't just hand her the CEO position. She's clearly not mature enough to handle it.

Did we ever get an explanation why Claudia was in an institution on the original show? I guess here they just combined the backstory pre-show and then added the car crash in the first season finale as an extra touch. Does this mean that they killed off NuLindsay before the premiere?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I figured Claudia sensed her marriage was doomed no matter what she tried to do, and sensed he was going to leave her..and couldnt take the pressure.

In this version, without a child and noe no husband..will this Claudia be here long term or just in the short term till the matthew story is resolved.

I saw that this episode wad written by Sallie P...who had been interviewed as saying she watched and loved the original. Only thing I would suggest is that the show needs to have a sympathetic character...the every woman type of character.....claudia wad that character even after she married into the family.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,705
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,204
    I didn't think much of this episode, not that it was bad, I still enjoyed it, but nothing really happened that made me think "oh" or "wow" it just seemed to plod along.

I did enjoy the ending but wasn't too shocked they walked past Blake and arrested Steven.

One question, why so many agents? Are the Carringtons known for resisting arrest and giving a full-on violent defence?

DY.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,064
    Yes, in her first scene already, when Matthew and Lindsay visit her in that diner.
    She was hysterically running down the street, screaming and suffered a nervous breakdown.

12. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,705
    For that matter, why the FBI? If it's a murder investigation, the arrest would be made by the county police, or the County Sheriff if it's high profile (Buckhead, where they claim to be, is in Fulton County, if I recall correctly). The FBI investigates federal crimes, not local (or even state-level) crimes like that. Unless something is being revealed after they take Steven "downtown". If they're using the fact that the death occurred in a different locality (Floyd County), they'd ask the GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) to help out, not the FBI.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,050
    Forgot to mention in my review a fact that I am sure made @Alexis happy--there were a lot of location shoots and house shoots in this episode as well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,064
    Stunt Coordinator: Paul Burke :D

15. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,050
    OMG. Neil McVane!

16. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,050
    Wasn't her first depression a result of her teenage pregnancy?

17. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Better than last week!

However a 0.86 was it? That would mean yanked off schedule by now for sure. But it has a deal with Netflix.

No intro or opening credits. THANKS CW! THANKS, SO MUCH! :(

Cristal was so much better this week. Not as teeny bopping. She actually pushed Fallon into an empty grave!

Sammy Jo was good!

Blake was good!

Matthew's friend was good!

I did not like the ending, nor expected it. Why Steven got arrested? It should have been Blake. What I
    I'm thinking...maybe Will did it....Matthew's friend. He's all over Claudia and she's a mess.

Better episode than last week, but still lacking a few things. And with that rating, would have been canned by now.

18. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I think the show is building toward Alexis coming back. These episodes are going to show the tensions and infighting of the family..and just as the family starts to fall apart, Alexis will make her return to 'save' the day...causing Cristal to become more a grey character and setting her up to battle both Fallon and Alexis...as Steven remains neutral.

I bet if the show continues, they might have Amanda, or Adam, come in as a child born after Alexis took off...leaving the viewers and carr8ngtons to wonder who the father is...blake or another character.

I will be interested to see if claudia will stay on past the matthew story resolving. In the original, she did sleep with jeff to get info for Cecil, so I wonder if perhaps Blake will use Claudia to keep fall on and Jeff apart?

In regards to the ratings, it is on CW. Riverdale had ratings like that all last season..and don't dorget..crazy ex girlfriend gets low rat8ngs (and it is back for 3rd season).

19. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Suicidal ratings. It would for sure have been cancelled after episode 2 a few years back

20. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    The ratings are cancellation material for sure. Regardless of Netflix deal. If that hadn't happened, the show really would have been pulled after last nights episode or given a few more eps and then pulled if a mid season show filming had a pilot and episode 2-3 or so filmed by now to replace it. Under 1 mil? Come on! Nobody renews anything under 2 million nowadays. But this is CW and now it's okay to have under a million?! Wow.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)