Days of Our Lives Robin Strasser joins Days

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by Jason73, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Medals:
    Robin Strasser is joining Days as a recast Vivian Alamain. Vivian's son Nicholas has also been recast with GH's Brandon Barash.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5374404/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-vivian-recast-robin-strasser/

I've quit watching Days and switched to Y&R for the time being--mainly because almost nothing on Days is working for me at the moment. I'm curious enough about Robin's take on the character to tune back in for a bit. I don't care for the character of Nicholas, but I liked Barash on GH so it will be interesting to see if he makes me like the character any better.

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,874
    Medals:
    BB is currently playing Stefan in a short-term recast, last I heard.:confuse: I guess Days's production model will give viewers a chance to 'forget' his Stefan before he starts as Nicholas, but it's still kind of odd the way they keep throwing new/old actors around. Yes, the audience is sophisticated enough to accept recasts, but they're pushing their luck when the recasts are all 'name' actors we recognize. A recast is typically easier when they hire some unknown that we have no preconceived notions about. It could possibly become a situation where people watch for the actors rather than for the characters or the stories they're in...which is what Santa Barbara seemed to become in its final years.

The news of Strasser being hired was out there but no one said she was (another) Vivian until now...but I kind of assumed she'd be a recast of a known character rather than a new character. RonC seems more keen to revive past characters rather than create new ones.

3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +753
    Medals:
    Too many recasts on the show and with the horrific one of Diana, RC needs to stop. That being said, TC is a big drunk in reality and that is what has gotten him fired on all of the jobs. RS has made it clear that she is not on contract at NBC, either. I hope she is not Vivian #04 of #04 (Louise Sorel, Marj Dusay, Louise Sorel, and RS, if she is Vivian).