Rewatching Season Three (dvd)

Discussion in 'Dallas Season Reviews' started by darkshadows38, Jul 4, 2019.

1. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i watched the season 3 Premiere tonight and "Whatever happened to Baby John? part 1 honestly as i was watching it i was thinking you know this isn't one of the best Season Premiere's the show has done. first of all we have JR in it actually give an attempt at his marriage well we all know there are a couple of times in the show's history that he does give in attempt than shit happens and he loses interest and so forth. Miss Ellie saying this is the most well behaved since he was 6 years old is something i really believe to be honest.

Sue Ellen acting all cold to everyone i think she i dunno snapped and just at the moment anyways just doesn't give a shit. she doesn't care about John Ross cause well i think at the moment it's just to painful for her to be interested in him at all. or i could be wrong i dunno it's hard to tell this early in the season to be fair.

than you have tweedle dee and Tweedle Dum the Jackass's who killed Julie last season. i just cannot stand those guys i'm sorry i don't like them. not that i'm suppose to either but still ya know? anyways, it's nice to see that JR is on my side as he wants nothing to do with those two idiots either. hell even Jock wants nothing to do with those idiots that should still be in Jail as well.

ya know i was thinking about a comment that Jock made about Miss Ellie an episode or two back how he never doubted her love. and she goes well i only did once or twice and that got me thinking that i wonder if he did sleep around when he was younger like JR does? but the difference being that Jock actually loves Miss Ellie.

where it's questionable with JR and Sue Ellen that one is a bit more complicated i think. i can't remember if he did say that he never cheated on her but if he had i think at some point he did stop it when he got older.

JR screws anything that moves and i have a feeling he's far worse than his father in that regard. i'm curious has anyone ever counted how many JR has slept with during the course of the show? it's amazing he didn't have like 30 kids or more on much that guy's slept around. anyways onto Part 2

2. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just got done watching part 2 of What ever happened to baby John? a solid 10/10 and it's an improvement over part 1 as a matter of fact. we see the lats appearance Tweedle dee and tweedle dum as i said in the above post. that idiot trying to get a million bucks for doing nothing. honestly i don't even think at any era of the show that even JR would kidnap anyone. that's not his style i don't think and if he did he sure as hell wouldn't kidnap anyone's baby or kid. was nice really nice seeing JR being good in this one and for a change being on his side. well too bad that doesn't last at all. and this also the 1st Appearance of the late and great Dennis Patrick who for me i just love to death when i first heard of him from Dark Shadows playing Paul Stoddard and Jason Maguire. anyways well Vaughn Leland is of course i'm talking about, i did forget the 1st appearance of Alan Beam in part 1.

and this is the 1st Appearance of Mrs Reeves aka Marlon Brando's sister. well i'm keeping this short cause i want to watch one more before bed

3. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    i watched The Silent Killer awhile ago and it was the one where we find out about Digger's disease, the question is now is how did it not effect Cliff? my guess that is he got lucky, but Cliff's Daughter Rebecca did he suddenly forget he had it and may give it to his kid? this is one where i think Pam should have told Bobby but than what do i know ya know? it was a good one.i'd say 10/10.

a short one cause i'm going to bed right after the next one

4. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    i watched Secrets where it had Val coming back to see Lucy, my question is simply this when it was Lucy's B-day she got pissed cause Valene wasn't invited yet this episode totally ignored the fact that she had forgiven her. yes it makes for good tv don't get me wrong on that, but here's the thing the writer's at least should have paid attention to what was already written but than what the hell do i know ya know? great ending though when Lucy saw the whole thing on Standing up for herself and Lucy and JR for a change was beaten.

honestly i can't say that i blame Sue Ellen for just not giving a damn anymore and for thinking of baby John that way at all saying it/he reminds her of her mistakes JR/Cliff i do get that actually. i think it would have good tv had they had the baby be Cliff's don't you? also can anyone believe it that if the show was still on John Ross would be 40 years old this year?

well than you have Pam finding out she's Preggors. i know she ended up not being Digger's daughter after all but the writers could have had her and Bobby have their own kid instead of the fugly baby Christopher later on down the road. one thing i didn't mention in Home Again and i'm too damn lazy to go back lol. is that Garrison noted that Bobby looks more like Jock than JR does. i was thinking about that and he's right. anyways i'm off to bed so night for now, Friday night no doubt i will be watching The Kirsten Affair

5. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just got done watching "The Kirsten Affair' and it was a solid episode i'd say 8/10 in it we learn more less how Mary Crosby is going to play Kirsten since we did know what she was all about already, funny thing is i was just going to say that we in this one learn what she's all about until i remembered that Colleen Camp played her in 2 previous episodes before "The Secret Killer' well Sue Ellen Clearly sees what ole JR has in mind for Kirsten and it's not painting his office. a blind man can see what JR has in mind lol.

well like the Jackass he is he put up his own home South Fork as collatoral which i spelled i apparently spelled wrong oh well. anyways, not even Jock would do anything so stupid to make money. but you know what? if the bank had taken the house that would also have made a really interesting story arc too for the show until they get it back and it would have made a good story arc where and if and when The Ewings did go broke by Cliff that would have made a damn good story as well IF done right that is.

we are also seeing more and more that Alan Beam is a sleaze ball that should be in jail and it's really surprising they didn't use him after season 3 and i think he's in season 4 but other than that.... we also Learn that Pam is preggors as well. i said it before i dunno why the writers just could not let Pam and Bobby have their own kid rather than adopt i just don't get it but than what the hell do i know ya know? and i prolly will say that more than once but it all boils down to the same thing am i right? anyways next episode coming up soon

6. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just got done watching "The Dove Hunt' which is a favorite episode of mine with the boys going hunting pretty much because so Miss Ellie doesn't have to or want to tell him about her surgery she may have. well they run into a guy who Jock screwed over when he was younger and by the end he i think regretted it cause it did come back and bite him in the ass, at the same time he respected him because he stood up to him and that's how Jock is anyone who can have the balls to stand up to him and give their side on whatever he respects hence why Bobby is his favorite because he has no problem doing that.

anyways when the shooting was going on i was saying that's right Shoot JR if you want to shoot anyone lol, and they did shoot him something i actually did forget was that he got shot 2 times in season 3. once in this one in the leg and it wasn't fatal though he appears to be fine i believe in the next episode i think anyways, and i liked that Ray was with them which just goes to show that i think it's forshadowing that Ray is his son though that won't be revealed until season 4. we also learn about Jock's 1st Wife Amanda that i always seem to forget about i wonder if i'm the only one?

what really makes me laugh and everyone on here there is no doubt, is the guys all fighting in the than you have JR who was sitting on his ass doing nothing other than hit one guy with a glass over his head. now i'm not a fighter at all as the saying goes i'm a lover not a fighter i guess the same goes true for JR. than he hides when everyone was shooting each other,

than because his dear old dad was shot he went to go help him and he gets shot go figure. anyways this one is a solid 10/10 from me :)

7. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i took a break from Dallas for a couple of days cause i just was burnt out for a bit. i watched a good movie X-men Days of Future Past that i had bought on 4K my one X plays 4K you see and worked on the websites i mod at it's now 3 apparently. anyways, anyways i can't sleep tonite so i put the Ewing's on. and watched Lost Child' it's a good one not among my favorites but it's one of those episodes where it's partly self contained like ones they did in seasons 1 and 2. the rest was part of the story arc the show was having at the time.

the self contained which they never spoke about again was the Character of Luke which more or less represents Bobby's need to have a kid with Pam. than at the end when he leaves it pretty much signifies his having lost the baby and Luke who though he ends up being friends with him he more less adopted him for a short time in a way.

it's a i'd say 9/10 episode not perfect one where Pam Loses the baby and Miss Ellie goes i'll never understand why it had to happen not till if i live to be 100. well i concur that by saying this, i dunno why the writers had to give her 2 accidents to lose her babies. once is enough ya know? than give her a disease where she can't have kids, than later we find out that she's not even Digger's Damn Daughter. personally i dunno how they set things up from season to season. but i believe for some shows like Lost for example they'd have a board and keep track of the things they've done. plus have an outline of sorts of what they want the entire season to be. i think Lost one one of those shows i really wonder if Dallas at all was?

anyways, Bobby telling Cliff that he doesn't know how he feels and Cliff snapping back at him i do and he says how hard it is not to see his son and so forth. and i'm on Cliff's side on this actually. i can't say that i blame him for Telling Digger about John Ross but he did try not to for so long. i dunno what i would have done if it was me to be honest.

than we have the 1st appearance of Dr. Creepy now the actor i can see be a ladies man of sorts. but not Dr. Creepy i was reading on IMDB that Jeff Cooper was actually going to Quit acting and in fact had a license to be real estate agent when he got the Call for Dallas. which pretty much means that if he hadn't gotten the role he would have quit acting though looking up him on IMDB he did later on quit acting cause the last thing he did was in (1986) anyways, i get why Sue Ellen went to see a Shrink hell i could prolly use one myself but i'm just not ready to go just yet. but there's no doubt that quite a lot of us here prolly do need one too just not Dr. Creepy lol. he he anyways, one wonders why they never used the character of Luke again cause that actor was pretty good in the role actually.

i duno why JR is against her seeking help cause lord knows she needs it and if my memory is right and i could be wrong, i don't think Dr. Creepy ever blackmailed anyone in the Ewing family. which is kind of nice no it is nice that they just had him be a shrink and nothing else. one wonders why he wasn't used again after season 3 ? what really makes me laugh is that JR calls Sue Ellen a tramp, slut etc.. yet she does end up with at least what 5 or 6 guys if that during her run on the show if that. and yet JR is the Slut, Tramp etc.. whatever you want to call him cause he sleeps with anything that moves. in fact it though it wasn't ever written as such in the but i wouldn't be surprised at all if JR also slept with Sue Ellen's mom if it meant something to make some good old fashion cash for himself. as for Bobby i feel for him i really do Patrick Duffy was really good in this episode too. old helmut hair himself lol.

what i find really funny is that Patrick Duffy as much as he loves the show out of everything as far as i know that makes him cringe is his hairstyle he had on the show for a good number of years. as he's said once he discovered Gel. anyways next Episode hmm this one is the longest one i've done in awhile well good than i think? he he

8. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well nearly a day later but i just got done watching Rodeo which i'd say is about oh 7/10 or so not one the best episodes thus far but not one of the worst either. 1stly i forgot to add that give the writers credit on having JR use a Cane and Jock A Wheelchair i had honestly forgotten they had gotten shot until now. so anyways in this one Cliff tells the old man about who his grandson is and that he has one and Digger behaves himself and visits his grandson. and is able to stay sober too i think, anyways, we meet Dusty Farlow for the 1st time a good character i think and i dunno at times i wish they had Sue Ellen with Cliff and other times it's Dusty depending on the storyline's they gave us. and i mean have them stay together instead of letting it/having it be short term.

anyways, Pam is doing better so there is that and Bobby meets Dusty for the 1st time as well, why do i have the feeling that when Bobby Met him he had a feeling that Sue Ellen was going to end up cheating on on JR again, i mean we all know that is what does happen but not yet though. we learn that Winning is important to Dusty when it comes to rodeo's for example and that is a turn off for Sue Ellen for good reason since JR is like that we all know that. well i'm keeping this one short since the last one was so damn long he he

9. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just finished with Mastectomy part 1 and the story arc of 1stly of Amanda and not telling Miss Ellie and JR not doing a damn thing continues in this one, but with Miss Ellie scared shit less on having to have surgery as any woman would i would imagine. i know BBG had the surgery done in real life wasn't it in (1971) i read? i'm curious if she gave the writers the idea or did they do it on their own? either way having to live through it twice 1st in her personal life and than on tv i have no idea how in the Sam hell she had the Courage to have to go through that again even if the 2nd time is fiction there's no doubt that the memories and emotions that she went through in her own life blended into her performance.

i know if i went through something like that i sure as hell wouldn't do it for a tv show or a movie in short a 2nd time. that's really brave of her i think to agree to do it. i dunno how she did it at all. i'm sure any of us here who either have had that procedure done can my guess say the same thing living through it once is painful enough. that's why she won an Emmy for this i think well not just because of her performance and the writing those are damn good too but to have to go through it again i think. it's shocking that Larry Hagman never won but he didn't have to go through that kind of surgery either. neither have i thank god, other story arc continue Pam finds out about it and does the best she could to find out the truth and gets about halfway when it comes to the fight. Pam really is trying to help but at the same time i get why Ellie wanted to keep that matter private.

i forgot to say one more thing this one i give a 10/10

however i didn't like Bobby not knowing about Jock's 1st Marriage and JR knowing. but i will give JR credit he kept quiet about and was respectful for once i know it's his parents but still that's not normally his style. and after not only us but Miss Ellie find out why he divorced his 1st wife so after what she was going through and about to go through i can't say that i blame her for going off on him i would to if i were her just like any of us would. my question simply is we know he was Married but what year and when did they divorce? also what year did him and Ellie start dating and Get Married? and to hazard a guess if it was around WW2 than wouldn't that make him a bigamist? cause he was married to Ellie during WW2. JR was what born in i think i remember it being in (1939) i think? anyone here can correct me if i'm wrong. and i read recently that Gary was (1943) and Bobby of course in (1950)

so if Ellie and Jock know each other as far back as (1930) when the hell was he suppose to be married? that timeline seems a bit off or am i wrong? again you can correct me if i'm wrong i don't mind. anyways on to part 2

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  10. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just finished Mastectomy part 2 another damn good episode and you may as well call it a Miss Ellie episode cause it's mainly about her as it should be. than you have JR actually be honest with his old man about what he's going to do with Cliff Barnes. that surprised me cause he normally lies through his teeth to the old man. well a lot of what i think about Miss Ellie and BBG as well i said in the last post pretty much. than you have Jock who's to stubborn to realize that Digger who Ellie has always adored even if no one else likes it came to see her. one wonders how David Wayne would have played it? damn good i think anyways, one also wonders that if Digger didn't start ranting on about Jock if Ellie would have gotten back with him as well. i doubt it don't get me wrong but i'd like to think that would have been a good story arc at least ya know? honestly i think they killed Digger far far too soon

anyways than you have Lucy who is terrified at maybe having had the same thing happen to her, i get that even i'm a guy i do understand that and it makes me think about Christina Applegate who did go and have one and she didn't have cancer but she was terrified that she may get it since that's what her mom died from and it is common sadly in her family. so i get why she had it done. i dunno if any of this is coming out wrong i'd like to think i'm saying the right things but if am saying the wrong things just by all means let me know since this isn't my are of expertise. anyways this one is gonna be shorter since i said pretty much what i wanted to say in the last post i guess

oh i did forgot 2 things 1. this one is easily another 10/10 for me and 2ndly Jock Confiding in Bobby i really loved that and no one else. another proof that Bobby is easily his favorite he he

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  11. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    Finally the site is working again for me, anyways well this one is gonna be short cause i don't remember much of it since the site for me anyways wasn't working oh well, Well Alan Beam is still trying to break Cliff and sadly we know he does do it well with JR of course who else? anyways now he sets his sights on Lucy who's too damn stupid to see that they were meeting and that it wasn't an argument and had it been one it would have made the papers. well i would say she is young and she is but than Cliff throughout the series can do some pretty stupid things hell we all know that and he's in his what 40's isn't he? at least in season 3 he is. Pam tells Bobby about the Asia Deal and he's pissed about it what will he do?

i don't remember much other than that since i watched 2 episodes back to back and it's far either when it's one at a time ya know? anyways, i give it a i'd say 9/10.

12. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    now the one i have a bit more memory of is Ellie Saves the Day which i just finished not that long ago, well 1stly Bobby finds out about the deal JR made and putting up the house for payment and everyone is pissed and rightly so at JR. he never thinks how the shit he pulls makes others feel, not that i expect him to give a damn about Cliff Barnes we all know he can't stand the guy. and Sue Ellen was right he was scared shitless though i said it better than she put it so he runs away to who else but Kirsten, speaking i really LOVED that Bobby told her ass off and her putting little miss innocence act on i'm not buying it and neither was Bobby. though i don't think Bobby should have apologized at all but that's just me i guess.

but when i said how JR should care what people feel i was more thinking along the lines of his parents and Miss Ellie mostly cause let's face it even Jock wouldn't have put the house up for Collateral that much i can say that. he loves the place to damn much and even if he didn't he knows how much Miss Ellie loves it. it also is i believe the house she grew up in as well even if it was a smaller house back than. in short it was really great seeing JR run away from home and get his ass handed to him by well everyone pretty much. he he anyways i'm gonna put something else on cause i think i'm Dallas's out for now oh and my rating before i forget to add is 10/10

13. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just watched "Mother Of The Year' which apparently is episode #42 anyways in this one they prepare to start drilling on South Fork. and Jock prepares to sell the stock on it to save it as well and pissing JR off pretty much to the point he doesn't think of Bobby as his brother anymore and he refuses to admit that it was a gamble and that he didn't ever need that oil at all. but we all know that how power hungry he gets and greedy even though he's now a billionaire apparently since the wells do come in and they have a gusher. ya know it would as i've said already been an interesting storyline had the ewings gone broke if it was done right and in this period of the show i think it could have worked but like any story arc they'd get their millions back no doubt.

anyways i can respect that Jock is more concerned about Miss Ellie and how she feels it more than making money. unlike JR who really doesn't give a damn pretty much. well Sue Ellen also went and Saw Dr. Creepy as well ya know as i've said before i like that she's seeking help i wonder why that was dropped at all? she sees Cliff and he accuses her of being a user and on some parts he may have a point on the other hand he was also a user cause though he did later love her he even admitted at first he was using her. but i never saw him deny it either when accused. so in short they i think used him a bit too cause he slept with Cliff to get back at JR of course. so it goes both ways i think, what i really loved was Lucy going off on Her which just came out of nowhere actually and it wasn't Dr. Creepy that got her to go to Baby John at the end it i think was Lucy who told her all and ya know it's nice to say that Charlene Tilton was pretty good in the scene for a change i can't always say that either cause she's i think got her limits on what she can do and she's got her weakness's too.

i haven't seen her recent stuff so i dunno how good of an actress she is now but back than anyways so it's nice to say that she's pretty good in this one. the writing is good on that too and i give Sue Ellen Credit for taking it and not Cracking on Val and Gary for a change. it was also nice of her to be kind to Pam at the end instead of giving her mouth about it too.

i get why she had a hard time feeling anything for Baby John too and i don't blame her either but that is what She did need i think someone like Lucy to tell her like it is and not JR either or anyone else but Lucy who grew up in the house and while Bobby got what he wanted growing up pretty much Lucy more or less is on her own and there is a difference as we all know. i like that Jock is gonna take over Ewing oil for now and yes we all know that JR gets back his office and it's also nice that he has someone to tell him off the way Jock did,

that's one thing that's missing from the later years someone like Jock who he will listen to actually and tells him he's not going to do this or that etc... i think they did have Miss Ellie try but she didn't have the kind of power Jock had in telling him off i don't think and though i feel sorry for Pam at the end Bobby is right the baby was never hers to begin with.

but at the same time you can't help but feel sorry for her either. and i give Vaughn Leland props for not trying to ignore what Jock wants too and sticking to them too regardless of what JR tried to do to him. anyways a damn good solid winner at 10/10 from me :)

14. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just got done watching Return Engagements and it was a damn good one too. Gary's Back in Town we all know who plays him now of course and it's his 1st appearance as the character. both of them are quite good as Gary Ewing of course. mean while JR takes Kirsten away for one of his booty calls out of town that ends up not being one with him anyways as she runs into an old Boyfriend or rather he Calls up looking for her and Sue Ellen which i gotta love this tells him where she is and so he goes... meanwhile instead of giving her what she wants do i really need to say what it is? we all know what it is he instead does business what else? and they actually never make it to the bedroom and than when JR does find out about Gary Getting Remarried to Valene he wants to try and stop it but it's just to damn late he he.

anyways, it's Gary B-day and we learn that him and Val have been back together for the past year well ever since Reunion at the start of season 2 pretty much. though i don't like that the writers didn't have Lucy there of course. but i can respect on why Val and Gary didn't want her there, anyways, even Jock surprised me the 1st time i saw this episode by actually showing up to the wedding, he says to Bobby how he does love the guy and it just makes me wish the writers would also have had Jock say that to Gary as well who knows maybe he did and it was just off camera i dunno. anyways, Miss Ellie gives them plane tickets and a house in where else but Knots Landing!

it's a nice back door pilot to a Pilot he he anyways, Kirsten takes his car he he i just love that i'm sorry i love it to get her booty call and afterwords he goes after her and you would expect him to take her by the ear and just say come here Darlin we gotta go or something along the lines of that. to get her back he has her booty call a guy named Rudy who at first i think he was in the past violent towards her they kinda hinted at at that. i wonder why he was never used again? well JR gets his ass fired from his job that's not a surprise there at all.

if my memory is right this pretty much is the beginning of the end of her relationship of sorts if you want to call it that with Kirsten. i was thinking that i do wish that and i did cheat on what does happen to them on Knots landing and not staying together but i wish the writers would have had them get married with Miss Ellie there before she retired from Acting BBG i mean.oh i liked that Bobby and Lucy pretty much told JR off at the start of the episode that was fun to watch and Jock was right they should behave for Miss Ellie's Sake anyways this is a solid 10/10 from me another Gem

15. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i watched Love & Marriage earlier but the site wasn't working for me for some reason. at least it's working now, having said that JR talks Jock into letting go back to work at Ewing Oil. he claims of course that it will be better if he's there but we all know better than that. and Jock on how stupid he is right here thinks it's a good idea after being talked into it pretty much. now Normally Jock can be a pretty smart guy when it comes to certain stuff like when JR is going overboard to put it lightly.

however this time i get he's thinking of Miss Ellie but don't you find it funny as hell that at the end of one episodes Jock is saying i'm taking back my company and than the next episode Bobby is going back into the office. makes you wonder how much time actually was going on off camera don't it? well JR also has Pam Promoted in his latest attempt to both have them get divorced and cause problems for him and since he's coming back to the office if he's got problems with Pam and work than he won't be paying any attention to what JR is doing.

Pam and JR have an fight of sorts and she lets it slip she knows that Baby John Ross may not be his and she does regret that i give her credit on that. but he goes and calls Sue Ellen a tramp again, and than during the Fight he blames Cliff for turning her into an alcoholic yet i don't think it was cliff that turned her into one it was of course JR who did that.

his ways if you want to call them that she no longer could put up a front after doing so for so many years that she turned to the bottle. honestly i'm shocked the baby was fine at all after how much she drank and from that car accident it's wonder that kid even survived at all. well Ray also Met back up with Donna and it's nice to see them together the only complaint i have is when he starts to whine that he's not worthy of her. now i can have plenty of moments when my Condfidence is down. sorry for my bad spelling it's late here.

but anyways that is much later not right now.well not much else i don't think onto the next one. oh my score oh i'd say 8/10

16. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well I just got done watching Power Play and it was a good one and we had Pam And Bobby kissing at one point and she just gets cold towards him and she doesn't yet know why? that's something new. than you have the bickering like a bunch of High school students Kirsten and Alan Beam though watching those to bicker is quite funny though i must admit.

she takes pictures of Lucy and Him together hoping it will get him into trouble with JR and what happens is that it backfires on her and he's all for it. than you have the start of Cliff going broke when Alan Beam finally is able to say that they have no money for him anymore. i wondered how long that was going to take? i guess i got my answer on that.than we have Ray and we find out that Sam Culver died which is a shame cause he was a pretty good character actually and so Ray reconnects With Donna which was nice to see.

than JR tells Alan Beam to keep at it pretty much well to pretty much do a reverse psychology on Lucy so he does and breaks up with her and JR sets it up so she gets pissed at him and will marry him out of spite. i swear even though she doesn't marry the guy why is Jock and Miss Ellie letting JR tell Lucy what to do? she's what 19 or 20 years old now isn't it? she's not in high school anymore but in College. so she can date whoever she wants even if she's got bad taste. anyways. i realize none of this is done in order of the episode i just go by what i can remember cause so much happens in these episodes anyways my rating is 10/10 for this one

17. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just got done watching Paternity Suit and it was another grand slam in the park. so much went into this with us learning that Cliff is now broke and he pulls himself out of the race i wondered how long that would take him? and when he finds out that JR was the one who backed him though JR didn't say yeah i did it but with that shit eating Grin of his that was him admitting it and so i can't say i blame him at all for suing him for Paternity. honestly i thought he would have done it long ago but it fit i think when he did do it. even though

he didn't end up being Cliff's you kind of feel sorry for the guy in that department though, honestly i think the writers should have had the guts and had the kid be Cliff's. but it was odd watching JR agree with Sue Ellen on not wanting to Sue Cliff but both were talked into by Jock. and when we did learn who the kid's was and though Sue Ellen did put on a front like she

didn't care she did care enough to say i'm dropping the suit haven't we hurt him enough? that's a really damn good thing she did and something that i don't see her being able to do prior to seeing Dr. Creepy. anyone know who came up with that name? it's PERFECT for him Just plain Perfect :) anyways, i liked the fact that they told the press about Baby John being

Cliff's. honestly it's shocking they didn't go this route a long time ago. but i do say that the ending leaving out what they did put Cliff through, with JR knowing the kid is his he can at least show the kid some love and so he does at the tail end and that was a nice ending. honestly i can't say that i blame him at all for not doing so earlier as i dunno if i could if it was me ya know? i was also thinking how far we've come in DNA testing and such where when stuff like this happens we can now test to see if someone parents are who they say they are or not?

one wonders how many cases they get from how wrong those tests were when they used to use blood compared to now ya know? as for my rating i'd say 10/10 for me another grand slam

18. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well 1st of all i'm coming up to episode #50 soon if you can believe it i know i can't. that's almost #300 episodes left until the Series Finale. i wonder how bad it gets at the end? anyways having said all that, i watched Jenna's Return and it was a really good one too catches Sue Ellen talking to Dusty on the phone but he doesn't know who it is just yet, i would say i wonder how long hew as standing that but we all know JR he heard the entire thing i'm sure. or else why wouldn't he insist on going to that function with her? that was actually very comical if you can believe it. anyways, there's that and than there's Bobby and Pam & Jenna Wade too, this would make the 2nd appearance one more being the last before we got the most known one played by Elvis's Ex wife. i forget how ya spell her name so i'm not even gonna try. anyways,

Pam heads off to Paris for work and he runs into Jenna Wade who else? they hit it off and at the episodes end you wonder if he stayed the night at her place. meanwhile on Ray and Donna's place/front you see them together and JR who else? put into Ray's mind pretty much that what does a woman like that see in him? well i'll keep this one short cause i want to watch part 2 of this one though it never said part 2 that's what it pretty much is, my score? i'd say 9/10

19. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    well i just got done watching "Sue Ellen's Choice " and it was a good one too, we find out Bobby didn't sleep with Jenna yeah i know all know he wasn't going to but if you look at it from seeing it for the 1st time and it being a soap i'm looking at that way when i type these. anyways, well Jenna i will give her props for saying i want more not just a one night stand and that woke Bobby up more or less. so he decides to try and save his marriage and Pam isn't sure she had the strength to do so, well than she vents to Cliff who instead of saying it's about time you came to your senses or anything like that, he like a good older brother just sat and listened to her i give him props on that.

well Donna goes to Jock to try and save her relationship but Jock was pretty useless on that front cause he won't lift a finger at all to help her. it's nice to see that she respects him and prolly other members of the family but everyone but who else JR. lol but than who really respects him anyways? than you have Dusty who wants to Marry Sue Ellen, she won't leave Baby John and i get that i do but i think the writers could have had her try cause it would have been nice to see her happy for a change ya know?

well Jenna Goes To Pam and says if you don't want him i do and i give her props for going to her too instead of just going after him. i think that finally woke Pam up as she finally did open up on how she was feeling not just to Cliff, but to Miss Ellie and most Importantly to Bobby. so they are gonna try again, ya know this is really good writing i think, i think Ray is a good character but he's just an idiot to let a good looking woman who loves him get away from him. he should have tried harder but than what do i know ya know?

anyways Sue Ellen rather than fight it out in Courts on who is going to get John Ross decides to break it off with Dusty and stay unhappy with ole JR. funny thing is he didn't even need to hire a PI this time or do anything bad to Dusty to get her to break it off. all he needed to say is i'll give you your divorce but you ain't getting the baby. but than he prolly would have paid off The judge anyways who would have seen them in court about Custody. anyways my score? 10/10 a perfect episode i think

20. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Medals:
    i just finished watching Second Thoughts and it was a really good one, it starts out with Jock giving Alan Beam a job as partner in the firm he works at and once Jock does that JR is against them getting married all of a sudden no surprise there. because that means Lucy will be remaining in Dallas. he he and so he goes to Betty Lou to talk her into telling Lucy to

Stop the wedding that he all of a sudden wants to stop. she refuses to help him not that i blame her at all, so he goes to talk to Lucy and like anyone in the family would respond to her well she can't stand JR not that isn't known by now. that's the only reason she started to date Alan Beam to begin with, i dunno why i type his full name it's just they his full name so many times that i guess it just pops into my brain in case anyone wonders why i do it.

anyways, so out of spite she sets a date to get married and as the episode goes on you can tell she really has no desire to marry anyone at least in season 3 anyways and so she breaks it off at the end of the episode and i say good for her and meanwhile everything is going to shit for Alan Beam when he loses his partnership i'm sure when she breaks up with him and than his play toy Betty Lou leaves him. what to do next but get back at JR who else? even though this time around he had nothing to do with it this time around it was Lucy's Talk With Bobby that i think did it Not JR. anyways meanwhile Pam gets Bobby to get Cliff a Job and he goes for it and the guy he's talking to offers him a really crappy job that he's Over Qualified for an so he turns it down later saying to Pam when i didn't realize how far i'd fallen until Bobby Ewing offers me a job. so that brought him out of his stupor.

i can't say that i blame him either to be honest, not that he really hates Bobby it's just mainly i think Jock and JR he hates. and i can't say that i blame him either on that either. Digger decides to go to a job rather than just do nothing but sit on his ass watching tv. he didn't put it like that but that's what he was trying to tell Pamela never the less. and with him i can't say that i blame him either like he said in a past episode when he works he doesn't drink. it keeps him sober anyways, lastly you have Sue Ellen who gets her way at the end of the episode after all, i was apparently wrong in saying she had given up on divorcing JR. it has been a few years since i lat watched this season but i'm okay with being wrong lol,

anyways, she pretty said she's gonna act like a perfect little wife and behave so when court comes she will be able to get custody of little baby John. i say good for her. ya know if you watch the two together and how much on screen i'm talking about hate each other, yeah to some degree there's love i think but most of the time they hate each other so it's really a shame that they don't stay divorced with each other if my memory serves me right.

oh i give this one a solid 10/10

i started to say it's amazing how on screen they can hate each other so much and than off screen be so damn close. i don't think the show would have lasted as long as it did if that wasn't the case. now you have a show like ALF where apparently the whole cast hated each other

and with Max Wright dying recently and someone was telling me this and it's just a shame cause i just love that show so much, than you have a show like Dallas and Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman were/are so close to each other it's not even funny. i say were since Hagman has since passed away

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 5:33 AM