Recently watched Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ms. Paige, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Ms. Paige

Ms. Paige Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    The Money Pit with Tom Hanks....I love it....it's so funny.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +587
    Some of the more recent movies I've watched are as follows:

The Guilt Trip... Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogan make an unlikely pair. The movie itself isn't the best, but their chemistry more than does it part in making up for a rather silly plot.

Big Business... Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin. I've seen quite a few of Midler's movies, although I have no knowledge of Tomlin's work outside of Nine to Five (which is hilarious!). This movie came on Laff the other day, so I recorded it. It was pretty good; good enough for me to have watched it like three times since then. My little niece loved it, too.

Suspect... Cher, Dennis Quaid, and Liam Nesson. First, I only recorded this movie because Cher's in it. I've seen her in Moonstruck, Mask, and Mermaids, and I liked all three of those movies. So, naturally, I thought I would like this one. And, my gut feeling was right, because I really liked this movie. Even my father liked what little of it he watched with me, and he is very critical of actors and movies. (As a side question, Cher must have done good in movies starting with "M"? :))

Rear Window... James Stewart, Grace Kelly, and Thelma Ritter. I've seen a lot of James Stewart's movies, not necessarily because I am a fan, but because most of his movies are highly praised, and often co-star a female that I am a fan of. This is a very good movie. Just recorded it yesterday... again, and watched it last night... again. Love Miss Kelly, beautiful as always; and Ritter, well, she's probably one of Hollywood's best character actresses.

Send Me No Flowers.... Rock Hudson, Doris Day, and Tony Randall. I love the Hudson/Day/Randall trio of rom-coms, and this one may be my favorite. I like most of Doris Day's movies, and her TV show, too. She's so pretty and loveable. Rock Hudson, well, he's all right I guess. These movies wouldn't be the same without him. Now, Tony Randall, he's a very good second fiddle in these movies. I really enjoy his work!

That's just five of the more recent movies I've watched. I'm forever recording some movie for one reason or another, and when I get around to watching them, I will come back to this forum.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    I loved all the movies you listed @ClassyCo especially Rear Window...I have always loved James Stewart.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +587
    Like I said, I have seen quite a few of James Stewart's movies (and some of his sitcom), but he just isn't my favorite. I can't say that I don't like him, nor that I do. It just seems that the movies I have seen him in I didn't like just because he was in them. They would have been good movies (in my opinion) had another actor played the part, too. Making any sense? Just my own personal opinion...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Yes of course that makes sense...we can't all love or even like the same actors as same as TV show or Movies. I think I fell in love with him when I watched Harvey!

• Like Like x 3
  6. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +587
    @Ms. Paige, that's exactly right. And I don't recollect as to ever hearing of Harvey. Is that a good one?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    I loved Harvey it's a comedy.....

Due to his insistence that he has an invisible six foot-tall rabbit for a best friend, a whimsical middle-aged man is thought by his family to be insane - but he may be wiser than anyone knows.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +587
    Might have to check that one out ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,001
    Medals:
    This film was a remake of Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy and I think an improvement on the original.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,001
    Medals:
    Just finished watching Les Miserables today. It's the second time I've seen it. I was quite indifferent about the film on first viewing but having seen it again I think it's a bit of a masterpiece, one of those films that in the future will be listed as one of the great films of the 21st Century.

• Like Like x 3
  11. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Medals:
    i love James stewart but here's some that you have to see, leaving out wonderful life of course, off the top of my head, vertigo, the man who knew too much, Harvey, Winchester '73.
    Ice Follies of 1939. and there's more like the shop around the corner is a cute flm. but you gotta see A Philadephia Story, and prolly another favorite You can't take it with you. all great films. i never cared for Rear Window, i don't hate the film or think it's bad but what hurts it a lot is tv shows like Castle who yes does it for Comedy has done that plot so much it's not even effective anymore. See Men at work (1990) with the Sheen Bros. a favorite of mine. anyways i just got done watching Airport 1975 (1974) a great film and easily my favorite in that series. it's also the one i've seen the most too.

i bought all 4 films on blu-ray yesterday and i had NO idea it was even on it! any of them for that matter apparently the set came out in June. the films look fantastic. the downside no extra's but a trailer and no menus either which was odd. you put the disc in and it goes through the usual crap and than the film starts and you have to fiddle with the control just to get some kind of menu that shows up on the left hand side of the screen. damn i wish they had put the tv versions letterboxed on the set of Airport '77 and Concorde-Airport '79 no joke those versions are longer than the Theatrical cut! i believe it's only with those 2 for some reason

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    I love this movie too! I have watched it many times!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,379
    Medals:
    I watched "Open Water"

It is based on a true story. It bugs me how people take people out to scuba dive but leave without them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,379
    Medals:
    The Tall Man

• Like Like x 4
  15. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Medals:
    if memory serves me right, them taking them out there was true and it was true they lost them, but the rest is pure guesswork kinda like in The Perfect Storm a pretty good movie i think where all the guys in that didn't come back in real life so them telling that part of the story is just guess work. though still a good movie though, i love True Story's but ya gotta leave your brain at the door on how true one may think it is. where you have The Blind Side a pretty good flix have Sandra Bullock teach that black dude football when in real life that's not how it was.

16. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,053
    Medals:
    License To Kill.

Swami

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ms. Paige

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    The Shallows ~ starring Blake Lively

We finally sat down on Saturday night and watched a movie that we had been really looking forward to seeing.

It was so boring....I kept watching the time to see how much longer till it was over and it's only a 1 hour 26 min movie.

There was no suspense, no horror, no nothing...well if you like seeing Blake Lively swimming around in a bikini then this movie would be for you :zombie:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +951
    One of my all time fave films is Bambi. Especially the bit where the little bastard gets shot.

19. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,001
    Medals:
    Manhattan Murder Mysteries

Woody Allen Films are hit or miss and often are misses but this one is excellent, so funny.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,498
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I partly agree with you though I think when he used to cast the same actors, you could always enjoy them even if the film was not too good. Either that or listening to the jazz classics he put in his movie scores.

Now he seems to hire people he is obliged to by contract (Miley Cyrus for his TV series, come on!). MMM is great because it´s simple fun in his favorite and delightful setting, N.Y.C. Keaton was playing herself again, which after all is her best role ever and the one that gave her the Oscar!