Psychic powers, ESP, clairvoyance...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Mo Mouse

Mo Mouse Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +966
    Never in a million years. Although I do, occassionally, feel that I can predict what is going to happen in Emmerdale pretty accurately.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,352
    Medals:
    I had a weird incident (which I recall posting about on the old Soapchat whose crash I did not prognosticate) many, many years ago: I had been going through a really odd time in my youth where I started making "jokes" that would then happen such that friends began noticing. (No, I'm not actively psychic). I don't know what it was, but something was going on with me mentally for a few months.

Anyway, after several strange events, a friend of mine and I were eating a late lunch at a local Wendy's when I made a joke (which seemed to come out of nowhere) about the restaurant being held up and robbed. Then I hesitated, and my friend asked, "is that another one of those...?" (meaning, jokes which come out of the air but seem to lead to something, so clear was the pattern with me to people who were around me frequently at the time). I nervously said "yes" and then expressed my desire to leave immediately, which we did.

A couple of hours later, just after dark, I recommended we go back to the same Wendy's once again. To get a Frosty or something. I was curious to skulk out the vibes. Being a weekend night, the place was packed (although the area was still a sleepy little hamlet back then). We went in, had a dessert, and left. But as we were leaving and crossing the very full parking lot, I noticed a red car well to the left of where were ourselves were parked, and when we got into our car to drive away, I said to my friend, "That car is evil" but I didn't know why. There was nothing distinctive about the car at all, and this was back in an era where fire engine red cars were far more common than they are today. (All car colors have been muted since the '90s).

A couple of more hours later, we were driving back passed that same Wendy's yet again, and we saw a police helicopter hovering over the building with a search light, the parking lot was now mostly empty (this was just shortly after closing time) except for a herd of police cars --- and that one red car I'd noticed hours earlier still in its same spot, open and officers swarming around it. A few minutes later, we saw them towing the car away and down to impound presumably.

We had an acquaintance who worked there, and he verified that the Wendy's had been held up that night, and that red car, stashed full of chemicals, had been the car which belonged to the robbers who'd run into the woods to avoid capture. So the crooks had been there when we went back for that Frosty.

I realize that to some, this story may not sound like much, but I had a series of similar incident around the same time. And then they just evaporated away, never to return in any significant way.

… On a more "humorous" note, I dreamed as a teenager that a woman named "Sylvia Browne" (Browne with an "e") had been murdered and dumped in a culvert near my home some 15 or 20 years before I'd even heard of her, the "psychic". Then, when she died around my birthday decades later in 2013, I saw it as terribly significant (even if it wasn't). LOL!

[​IMG]

But then, I did precog much of Season 9 of DYNASTY two years in advance, and the entire series -- and the series title -- of DEADWOOD long before it happened.

So who knows? It hasn't made me rich Or even all that happy! :cool1

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    On March 30, 1981 I slept late (I don't know why, I didn't stay up late the previous night and I wasn't sick). When I awoke I looked at the time and thought to myself "for all I know, someone could have shot the president". News junky that I am (Dad was a newspaper editor; Mom worked in media most of her life), I turned on the TV to see what was happening in the world. That afternoon it was reported that John Hinckley shot President Reagan.

A few months earlier I was riding home, listening to Billy Joel's "You May Be Right" on the radio. Just as the song began to fade out I thought and even said out loud (to my Dad, who was driving) "they're going to play it again". That a radio station would play the same song twice in a row made no sense and I thought what I had just said sounded ridiculous but I felt absolutely certain that I was right. I was - almost. The next song played was "You May Be Right" by... The Chipmunks.

Last week I as I got into my car I had a Bruch violin concerto running through my head. When I turned on the radio, guess what was playing - the Bruch violin concerto.

Do I believe in psychic powers, etc.? No. I think this is all a matter of perception. There have been many other times I have thought "for all I know ____ could have happened" and it didn't. I will often have a piece of music on my mind but it's rare that it will be the next selection played on the radio. Yes, Bruch is not like guessing the next Top 20 hit that's going to be played but it is a very popular piece.

Scientists have identified the cause of deja vu, it's one of the many tricks our brains plays on us, similar to having a word "on the tip of your tongue".

Does law enforcement use psychic to solve crimes? No. There are plenty of psychics who will tell you they've helped the police but the police will tell you a different story. Police feel psychics are a hindrance to their investigations. Every city has its store-front psychics. Where are they located? In low-rent areas. When do they close up shop? When they go out of business or lose their lease. Never because they successfully predicted the winning lottery numbers.

Where can you read news of psychic predictions? The National Enquirer, The Globe, etc., not legitimate news sites. Do these predictions come true? Almost never, the predictions that do "come true" are always vague or open to multiple interpretations.The biggest psychic right now is arguably Tyler Henry, his focus is on celebrities who can easily be googled.

4. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,352
    Medals:
    Perhaps. Some hardened cops have said that while the vast majority of "psychics" are in it for the money and/or attention and have no such demonstrable ability, there remains a tiny minority who have uncanny skills even the police cannot explain.

Not that I have terribly strong opinions on that.

5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,320
    Medals:
    My mom dabbled in all of this and had a major stroke.

Don't f*** with the future is my understanding. What will happen, will happen. We don't need to know even if we want to know.

6. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Ratings:
    +8,352
    Medals:
    It gave her a stroke?